Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 8th Jun 2009 at 2:36 AM
Default Pregnancy from Woohoo???
I read a post on Gamespot that said their sim got preggers from Woohoo. I'm wondering if anyone else has had this happen? I know that in Sims2 there was a small chance of preg with woohoo, and am curious to know if it's in Sims3. So far, I've had no luck reproducing with woohoo, and have bonked darn near every sim in the neighborhood. I apologize if this is in the wrong thread, or redundant, or inappropriate (should I have posted this on the Adult site?). I did do a search with no results. Thanks.
Advertisement
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#2 Old 8th Jun 2009 at 2:39 AM
Erm, in Sims 2, there is -no- chance of a sim getting pregnant from woohoo unless you have a hack installed for "risky woohoo". "Try for baby" is the only way you will get a baby in TS2, and I suspect it is the same in TS3.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Inventor
#3 Old 8th Jun 2009 at 2:49 AM
Sorry but you're wrong. My gay male sim in Sims 2 got pregnant from woohoo on a date with another character and I did not choose "Try for baby" when he did his woohoo'ing. It was the first time I had had it happen and I was surprised. Plus, my gay male sims always got pregnant (when they wanted to) after doing woohoo with their partner whether they were married already or not. I did use the hack for all gender pregnancy but they have the option to try for baby and the pregnancies did not happen all the time with certain characters, at least one of them waited until his prior kids were nearly teens before making more.
Inventor
#4 Old 8th Jun 2009 at 2:53 AM
maybe your hack had a hidden "risky woohoo?"
Inventor
#5 Old 8th Jun 2009 at 2:55 AM
There is a risky woohoo for some mod that has to do with "Casual Romance" but the thing is that after all the time of having the hack for allowing my male sims to be able to get pregnant, none of them had gotten pregnant by someone that they weren't already living with or married to. It was a first and only time that I had a sim get pregnant on a date. It seems like it's random and people getting pregnant from woohoo'ing may be a random thing that EA put in Sims 3 also.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 8th Jun 2009 at 3:01 AM
Well, should I go back to my Sims 2 game and try to repro the preg from woohoo without hacks? I was a beta tester for Inteen, and I distinctly remember that it was common knowledge that preg from Woohoo COULD happen without any hacks, but it's been like 2 years, so maybe I'm mistaken.
retired moderator
#7 Old 8th Jun 2009 at 3:09 AM
Sorry, but I'm -not- wrong. In a vanilla, unhacked TS2 game, sims do not get pregnant from woohoo alone - there is no chance for that to happen. It's been a common misconception (just as the idea of eating spaghetti causing twins) but it's just that - pure myth and misconception.

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Inventor
#8 Old 8th Jun 2009 at 3:10 AM
I think if the sims want to get pregnant, they will through woohoo without your interaction. My sim got pregnant from woohoo in a photo booth at a club. Granted they had been doing a lot of woohoo on that date, including from the hot tub but the music played after he came out of the photobooth. And I did a pregnacy scan (from another mod, simblender I believe) and saw he was pregnant.
retired moderator
#9 Old 8th Jun 2009 at 3:12 AM
In an unhacked TS2 game, sims will not woohoo without interaction. Again, that's something that has to be added with a hack - like ACR, which very well may include a "risky woohoo" option. It's been a while since I've used it.

Apparently (according to Delphy's quick check) the code in TS3 does not allow for babies being born from woohoo alone, just as in TS2.

Instructor
#10 Old 8th Jun 2009 at 3:13 AM
Quote: Originally posted by bluegenjutsu
I think if the sims want to get pregnant, they will through woohoo without your interaction. My sim got pregnant from woohoo in a photo booth at a club. Granted they had been doing a lot of woohoo on that date, including from the hot tub but the music played after he came out of the photobooth. And I did a pregnacy scan (from another mod, simblender I believe) and saw he was pregnant.

I'm pretty sure that the hacks that qllowed male sims to get pregnant made it so you could get pregnant from woohoo because the try for baby option wasn't available to them. Have you ever heard of it happening with a female and male sim without any hacks though?

Quote:
Apparently (according to Delphy's quick check) the code in TS3 does not allow for babies being born from woohoo alone, just as in TS2.

I'm glad, I didn't want any accidental pregnancies when my family already had 5 children.
retired moderator
#11 Old 8th Jun 2009 at 3:14 AM
It doesn't happen without hacks... In either game.

Inventor
#12 Old 8th Jun 2009 at 3:16 AM
The person that created the mod did not state that their mod would cause pregnancy from woohoo as a result. It wasn't anywhere in the description. If Sims 2 allows your male characters to get pregnant by aliens then they could easily have put in a code that makes pregnancy from woohoo be a random thing. When I played Sims 2, I was always having new and surprising things pop up out of nowhere and this was even before I installed the hack that allow male sims to get pregnant from their male partners.

Quote: Originally posted by Howabominable
I'm pretty sure that the hacks that qllowed male sims to get pregnant made it so you could get pregnant from woohoo because the try for baby option wasn't available to them. Have you ever heard of it happening with a female and male sim without any hacks though?

The "Try for Baby" option was one of my options when I right clicked during hot tub and bed romantic situations.
retired moderator
#13 Old 8th Jun 2009 at 3:18 AM
They -could- have made pregnancy from woohoo be a random thing. But they didn't. Hence the need for "risky woohoo" hacks.

Lab Assistant
#14 Old 8th Jun 2009 at 3:26 AM
Occasionally when I played TS2 I would accidentally press the Try for Baby option without realizing it, and end up with a baby I had not planned. But babies never came from just WooHoo. They are not possible without hacks.
Inventor
#15 Old 8th Jun 2009 at 3:30 AM
I did the casual and auto woohoo options only when my sims were on dates or at clubs.
Field Researcher
#16 Old 8th Jun 2009 at 3:51 AM
In The Sims 2, Woohooing was like have sex, while Try For Baby was like having sex with the intent to get pregnant, so the possibility of getting pregnant from Try For Baby was much higher. But both acts are sex. In the real world, as we all know, sex without intent of pregnancy can still end up with one. They added this same law to The Sims 3.

My sims in the sims 2 got pregnant from Woohoo many times. And I never installed a risky woohoo hack.
Inventor
#17 Old 8th Jun 2009 at 3:54 AM
Yep. In real life you get pregnant when you have sex even if you don't want to. And the creators of Sims put lots of random things that can happen in the game so I don't believe it's not possible that they wouldn't put random pregnancies in it.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#18 Old 8th Jun 2009 at 3:55 AM
I'm still waiting for a response from Jase, or someone over at Simbology for verification on what I remember. It's entirely possible that "Casual Romance" was the reason I thought Sims could get pregnant, since I did use it (although not when beta testing).
Lab Assistant
#19 Old 8th Jun 2009 at 3:56 AM
They did not put in random pregnancies. The Prima guide expressly states that Try for Baby (and alien abduction) is the only way to get pregnant.
Top Secret Researcher
#20 Old 8th Jun 2009 at 3:59 AM
The codes says it all dammit. Is it hard to admit you people accidentally clicked the wrong option?!!
Test Subject
#21 Old 8th Jun 2009 at 4:00 AM
In defense of the people talking about the woohoo baby deal being real.....Prima guides are generally quite fail in telling you every inch of a video game..

¤´¯`-´¯`¤♥Kaylee♥¤´¯`-´¯`¤
Inventor
#22 Old 8th Jun 2009 at 4:02 AM
No, I didn't click the wrong option and explain how my sims get pregnant with their partners when they do casual woohoo? When I mouse over the actions they are doing, no where do I see "Try for Baby" as one of them, yet they will still get themselves pregnant from woohoo without me choosing the "Try for Baby".
Forum Resident
#23 Old 8th Jun 2009 at 4:05 AM
Yes, but the codes that make the game run say that it doesn't happen. I second Emi's sentiment.

~*I'm a she*~
The Booty calls to you, you cannot resist it
I use Target and Kodak Gallery for my pictures, you should too... :D
My MTS2|Livejournal|Yearbook|Facebook
transmogrified
retired moderator
#24 Old 8th Jun 2009 at 4:11 AM
"Casual woohoo"? That's an option added with ACR, which also includes a chance for pregnancy from woohoo alone. If you have ACR installed, you have a risky pregnancy mod.

I'm surprised that Sims 2 can be technically "retired" and yet still inspire debate about basic game behavior.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#25 Old 8th Jun 2009 at 4:17 AM
If Delphy says the code for TS3 has no option for pregnancy in Woohoo, I'll believe it. Now, my game, and interest in the game, is hosed. No surprises...no fun. Sonafabich. Guess I'll have to go back to Sims 2 for a while.
Page 1 of 2