Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 29th Dec 2010 at 7:39 AM
have you immunized your sim child from...THE FUG?
Why, WHY are the majority of sim children so ugly and completely abnormal looking. They don't look like children, they look like dwarves with surgically implanted chins who've just sucked on a lemon. Even the ones who grow out of the fug look funny as children. What's up with that, does that happen in your game?

*in-game born, that is

Kleptomaniac, Hopeless romantic, Frugal, Family-Oriented, Over-Emotional

The Dahl Legacy
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 29th Dec 2010 at 8:02 AM
I have two sim kids right now that are rather cute. Although, all the others have no-chin syndrome.
Alchemist
#3 Old 29th Dec 2010 at 9:04 AM
None of my children are ugly (considering nearly all of my male sims look the same. That nose is just too sexy).

Evil doesn't worry about not being good. - The Warden, Dragon Age Origins
Field Researcher
#4 Old 29th Dec 2010 at 1:50 PM
So far, I only had one decent looking born in game child in my game she was the daughter of a custom sim of mine and a townie. As a young adult, she turned out a little weird, but still kinda nice.

Anyway, I don't really like the way children look in the game at all D: their proportions look all wrong, with very wide jaws, non-existant mouths and weird noses. While it's true that kids usually have a 'bigger' head compared to an adult's proportions, that doesn't mean that they should have a balloon head .______. (btw, the balloon head syndrome hits teenagers, too: seems to me like they gave 'em the same head size as adults, but on a teen body, so that they end up having these *huge* heads on very thin bodies )

To cure the fug I usually edit my born in game sims in CAS, anyway XD (which, to me, doesn't necessarily mean making a sim beautiful, but just editing his/her features 'till they reach better proportions .____.)
Field Researcher
#5 Old 29th Dec 2010 at 2:14 PM
Nope, mine are all bobble heads. Agree with above poster same thing happens when they are teens. I'm getting used to the cartoonish look of the sims. I don't edit them anymore I figure they will grow into their heads.
Test Subject
#6 Old 29th Dec 2010 at 2:42 PM
I haven't really checked my kid out appearance wise. When he grew into a toddler, the hair that was supposed to be attached to his head was instead levitating a few feet above him. What a quirk that was!

I noticed a kid in grade school from an inactive family. She seems to be on the cutesy side. I'll admit, though, that some of the grown ups are fugly. But if you think about it, there are alot more unattractive people than gorgeous people in the real world. It's probably important to just accept that fact.

But The Sims is a fantasy world. It's whatever you want it to be. You obviously have the option to make everything as close to perfection as possible or acknowledge that there is fugly, too.
Mad Poster
#7 Old 29th Dec 2010 at 4:27 PM
I find that all sim children, male and female alike, all look pretty much exactly the same.
Alchemist
#8 Old 29th Dec 2010 at 4:45 PM
My sim couple (both are good looking) had three girls. The first two were just too fugly but finaly the third one came out okay. The first one was too male-ish and the second one looked like Cher after unsuccessfull plastic surgery.

I still don't like the last one's eye brows and the shape of her lips, so I have to edit those but thankfully that's all.

Why can't we have cute kids like in Sims 2? In Sims 2 the success rate was nearly 90 percent.
Top Secret Researcher
#9 Old 29th Dec 2010 at 4:54 PM
My kids all look alike. On the positive side, they do look different when they grow into adulthood and unlike Sims 2, they don't have weird deformities when they grow up. So I guess I can stand ugly kids if I have fewer deformed adults.
Test Subject
#10 Old 30th Dec 2010 at 5:15 AM
I've only ever had one extremely ugly sim child, with the rest there was maybe a small defect when they got older, but it usually grows on me.
Mad Poster
#11 Old 30th Dec 2010 at 5:43 AM
It adds character!
Inventor
#12 Old 30th Dec 2010 at 6:05 AM
I delete the ugly ones ......
Field Researcher
#13 Old 30th Dec 2010 at 6:41 AM
Any proof they EXIST?!

/sarcasm
Mad Poster
#14 Old 30th Dec 2010 at 6:46 AM
This thread requires pictures. XD
Field Researcher
#15 Old 30th Dec 2010 at 12:43 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ElektroGuy
(snip)
But The Sims is a fantasy world. It's whatever you want it to be. You obviously have the option to make everything as close to perfection as possible or acknowledge that there is fugly, too.

I don't want to have perfection, but there are some clothing combinations that should NOT be allowed.
Alchemist
#16 Old 30th Dec 2010 at 2:01 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Charity
This thread requires pictures. XD

I second that.

Two of the oldest girls are young adults now and the one that was quite male-ish, looks pretty decent now. The other unfortunately still looks like a bad copy of Cher. I still like the youngest one. Hmm... am I going to be the first to post pics? Come on now, share your kids.
Lab Assistant
#17 Old 30th Dec 2010 at 6:19 PM
i think the Sim creation thing is hard to make good looking Sims in general.. I have a hard time with it. Ill finally get two good looking Sims made, go to the baby randomize thing to make their child and all of the kids are ugly... i like Sims two create-a-sims better...
Theorist
#18 Old 30th Dec 2010 at 8:13 PM
All my toddlers and children usually look cute, I have a bigger problem with teens. I used to love playing teens in TS2 but TS3 teens are so freaking ugly! What's with the fishlips and droopy eyes?

The left sim was born in game and I think she looks pretty cute: http://img137.imageshack.us/img137/...eenshot2191.jpg

Hi I'm Paul!
Rogue Redeemer
retired moderator
#19 Old 31st Dec 2010 at 12:32 AM
I avoid zooming close the kids until they reach teenage time, and in some cases, young adulthood. And in some cases.. I zoom away when I see 'that certain' sim coming.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#20 Old 31st Dec 2010 at 6:02 AM
I mean, they're not hideous or anything. But they're not exactly normal looking, you know? My sim just had twins, I guess I'll wait and see how they turn out.

Kleptomaniac, Hopeless romantic, Frugal, Family-Oriented, Over-Emotional

The Dahl Legacy
Lab Assistant
#21 Old 31st Dec 2010 at 10:07 AM
Teeanage sims seldom look good. =[
Theorist
#22 Old 31st Dec 2010 at 10:12 AM
I download a buyable plastic surgery machine to edit faces of ugly Sims. Problem over
Alchemist
#23 Old 31st Dec 2010 at 12:56 PM
Quote: Originally posted by vhanster
I download a buyable plastic surgery machine to edit faces of ugly Sims. Problem over

Wasn't that in Sims 2?

Okay, I took some pics and I'll post them a bit later. I have to take some of my words back, though. It seems that the Cher version of the two girls is actually better looking, than the one who was quite male-ish when she was a teenager.
Test Subject
#24 Old 31st Dec 2010 at 2:37 PM
A few of my children have been sort of cute (and a few strange looking) but alot of the townie kids I see around are chinless wonders and many have an unfortunate case of 'Creepy Old man face'. Something odd happens to some sims mouths at the teen stage too, they go all droopy and triangle shaped, most of them age into YA pretty well though.
Forum Resident
#25 Old 31st Dec 2010 at 6:46 PM
A lot of my in-game born kids end up with their tongue sticking out of their chin.

Go suck an elf...
Page 1 of 2