Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 26th May 2011 at 9:25 PM
How to have a baby from a married sim?
I know, it sounds nasty. But I really have to know that.

I've been playing Sims for nearly 11 years and S3 has the hardest one about relationships. But it's quite good about making the game more realistic. Anyway.

My male sim lives with his lesbian sister and his wife. His sister and her wife doesn't want kids, they're focoused on skills and career. Male one is unemployeed and in a relationship with a married woman. I was wandering around the town to find a lady to have a baby ( ) and met her at the Central Park. My male sim loves her with a full green bar but I am not sure if she loves him as he does.

I invited her over my sims house. They had a good time and my male sim tried to "try for baby" about 3 times but she doesn't want to have a baby! She refused all of them! I think it's about her marriage.

Is it possible to have a baby with her? And if it is, who will take care of baby? Me or her? I'd be glad if you reply!

P.S. If my English is so bad, sorry. I'm not native.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 26th May 2011 at 10:05 PM
She was probably just not in the mood for WooHoo. If she's a playable, aka, she lives in a house that's in your town, and there are less than 8 sims on the lot, then she can get pregnant. The baby will stay with her when it's born, unless you move it to your house.
Field Researcher
#3 Old 26th May 2011 at 10:18 PM
she's probably in a bad mood and you just have to wait. the baby always lives in the mothers house unless you move it.

I'm cooler than cool! I'm stupid!
Forum Resident
#4 Old 26th May 2011 at 11:03 PM
If you have the story progression thing on.. She could be pregnant... Or there could be too many people living on your lot.. I do not what mods you are running currently. so the guess could be the sim female in question could not be as much in to your male sim as you would like..
*shrugs*
when Irun into this little problem making the sim in question become part of the household getting her pregnant. Then sending her back to her husband has worked.

Cruel,yes. However if you are that intent on having a sim hate the male sim in question.. That should about do it...
1978 gallons of pancake batter
#5 Old 26th May 2011 at 11:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Clavatum
They had a good time and my male sim tried to "try for baby" about 3 times but she doesn't want to have a baby! She refused all of them! I think it's about her marriage.
It's quite possible that she refused the interaction due to the low social bug. You might want to try the Mood Hotfix you can find under my profile. The exact setup you describe is one of the setups I used for testing it BTW.

If gotcha is all you’ve got, then you’ve got nothing. - Paul Krugman
Forum Resident
#6 Old 26th May 2011 at 11:23 PM
I think I would have to agree with the low motive thing. I know for a fact that a male sim can have babies with wives that are not their own seeing as I once had a male character that had at least one baby with almost every women in the neighborhood....(I get bored easily at times and have to find some way to keep the game interesting lol)

The moon so bright shows me the way
Deep in the graveyard beside her I lay
Knowing she'll keep me safe from all harms
Though six feet apart, I lay in her arms...
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 27th May 2011 at 1:45 AM
Sometimes if the sim has committment issues, unflirty, shy, etc it takes them a lot longer to get them to woohoo, baby or not. I would try adding her to the house for a short amount of time then moving her back out. That way you can control her, get her pregnant and then send her on her way lol. Harsh but it gets the job done. Townies also seem to be fickle about the way they feel (like in sims 1 >>) so make sure they're happy! (and also thinking that the other is irresistible)

~*~Jekka~*~
Under Educated, Over Caffeinated
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#8 Old 27th May 2011 at 6:31 AM
The quickest way to get a Sim pregnant, even without being in love with them is to invite them into a rabbithole that allows woohoo (theatre, military base, science lab, movie studio, Town Hall). Click "Visit With..." and as soon as both have entered click "Try for Baby With...".
For this to work you don't even have to be very good friends with the Sim in question, just their mood has to be good enough for them to agree to go with you.
It's a quick and dirty (or clean - depending on your view) way without much repercussion.

Without Buzzler's Mood Fix mod, however, it will still be difficult at times to even get to join your Sim on a "regular" visit to one of these spots.

Even weirder is that you can visit one of those rabbitholes on your own and if another Sim that you know happens to work at that moment in said rabbithole, the option to try for baby will also appear. The other might then come out of the rabbithole after their work shift ended and be pregnant without knowing what really happened
Instructor
#9 Old 28th May 2011 at 7:54 AM
You could ask her to break up with the husband? Then ditch her after the baby is born? LOL :')
Field Researcher
#10 Old 29th May 2011 at 7:09 AM
I've found that usually, if it's their first time *together*, no matter how high their relationship score is, you should have them just plain ol' WooHoo first before trying for a baby. Maybe my game is just weird like that, I don't know, just some advice.
Top Secret Researcher
#11 Old 30th May 2011 at 7:28 AM
My experience agrees with Roseblossom90 -- it is possible to create a sufficiently popular male character that a lot of married couples around town will be raising his babies. I don't recall that there was any particular trick to it. The male just had mad charisma, so all the positive socials went pretty fast. But it still entailed paying some attention to & spending some time on the women, so I guess I'd agree with acid_paradox that it can't hurt to work your way up to it.

Oh, it's a good thing that the guy was so successful in business and could work short hours, because after a while he was pretty busy making the rounds of Sunset Valley. He would visit all the moms, check in on his various kids and give me a chance to see if any "build/buy" was needed -- the households that I'm not playing are sometimes pretty helpless. He saw the mothers often enough to stay at least good friends; I guess the husbands just thought of him as that swell guy who'd come around once in a while and play with the baby.