Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 23rd Nov 2014 at 7:51 PM
Default WCIF low-CC, customizable residential medieval lots?
I'm not great at building, so want to find some residential lots for my medieval sims, but all of the ones I've found are already furnished and decorated, and not very customizable for my purposes. I want something simple, with the fundamentals worked out and that looks relatively authentic, but not much more than that. I have trouble designing the basic floorplan and roofs are a no-go. I just want something where I can decorate and designate rooms/maybe that are easy to add and take away more rooms to. I need lots for royalty, nobles, merchants, peasants, serfs, etc... I'm happy to adjust them as needed myself but I want a base to work with. I also don't want anything so huge it takes forever to load, or with a ton of CC (though build mode CC is totally fine).

Does anybody know if something like this exists?
Advertisement
Inventor
#2 Old 23rd Nov 2014 at 8:02 PM
Another idea could be to look at websites that has floorplans and use those to build what you want to achieve?
Examples: https://www.google.nl/search?source...val%20floorplan
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 23rd Nov 2014 at 8:56 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mirjampenning
Another idea could be to look at websites that has floorplans and use those to build what you want to achieve?
Examples: https://www.google.nl/search?source...val%20floorplan

Thanks, that does help! I don't know why I didn't think of that, this will at least give me something to work off of.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#4 Old 23rd Nov 2014 at 9:03 PM
The best thing to do is download the lots that you like the look of and untick all the cc you don't want in Clean Installer. The only cc that has to come is terrain paint as removing that can make your entire lot to flash blue.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#5 Old 24th Nov 2014 at 11:28 AM
There is an option in Clean Installer to remove furniture.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#6 Old 24th Nov 2014 at 11:41 AM
The furniture isn't all necessarily cc meshes some might just be recolors.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#7 Old 24th Nov 2014 at 11:50 AM
I thought he wanted to decorate the house himself?
Inventor
#8 Old 24th Nov 2014 at 1:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Fizzwizz
Thanks, that does help! I don't know why I didn't think of that, this will at least give me something to work off of.

I sometimes use floorplans. When I need some new inspiration for a house. I prefer not to download other people's work when it comes to lots, so looking at floorplans as a start-off works for me. Usually I end up with something that looks different from the floorplan, but that is fine. It was about the inspiration.

Quote: Originally posted by Charity
I thought he wanted to decorate the house himself?

I read it like that as well. Preferably no CC, but building CC was okay.