Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
#51 Old 19th Mar 2008 at 8:46 PM
Ach, I have my work cut out for me then... ^_^U

Thanks so much! Very much appreciated. =)
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#52 Old 23rd Mar 2008 at 9:20 PM
*Screams & pulls out hair* I think my game hates me. I just installed BV the other day (I already had FT installed...don't know if that makes a difference or not) and patched it, but ever time I try to use the "walk to lot" feature, I get an error message. I don't know if this happened in FT or not since I had only had it for a few days before getting BV & didn't have time to test everything. Plus, now that I've patched the game, I'm getting object errors like crazy when the tour vehicle arrives. And to add to it, I'm getting massive amounts of "go here" in my queue, which isn't a huge problem, just a huge annoyance. I delete one & three more pop up. Oh, and there's a bunch of them again. All of these happened withing about an hour of each other.

Oh great and wise Numenor, do you think you could help me yet again?? Also, do you think you could explain to me how to read these since I seem to be getting the so often? Maybe that way I can try & figure them out for myself before having to rush over here. Plus, I'm sure you have better things to do then help me figure out why my game keeps popping out error message every 2 seconds.
Attached files:
File Type: rar  Logs.rar (259.2 KB, 33 downloads) - View custom content
Test Subject
#53 Old 5th Apr 2008 at 4:41 PM
We've had this problem in our game too, but with all of our pets in different houses. In the log file I checked it seemed that the dog reacted to a bed, but in the other houses this bed is not used and the problem still occurs. I have no idea how to fix this. Could anyone help me?

Build: 1.7.0.145
at Jan 25 2007,22:24:47

Object id: 193
name: N001_User00260 - Fireball
Stack size: 7
Error: Motive number out of range or not an acceptable value.
Iterations: 28
Frame 6:
Stack Object id: 163
Stack Object name: Bed - Single - Moderate - E - Head
Node: 2
Tree: id 4127 name 'CT - Ad Modifier' version -32755
from Controller_TemperatureReceptivity
Prim state: 0
Params: 45 Locals: 0
Frame 5:
Node: 27
Tree: id 8347 name 'Interaction - Sleep - Autonomous - TEST' version -32752
from BedGlobals
Prim state: 1
Params: 1 Locals:
Frame 4:
Stack Object id: 0
Node: 0
Tree: id -1 name 'No behavior' version 0
from
Prim state: 1
Params: Locals:
Frame 3:
Node: 9
Tree: id 8213 name 'Function - Main - Process Autonomy' version -32753
from PetGlobals
Params: Locals: 0 0
Frame 2:
Stack Object id: 193
Stack Object name: N001_User00260 - Fireball
Node: 8
Tree: id 8221 name 'Function - Main - Loop' version -32755
from PetGlobals
Params: 1 120 Locals:
Frame 1:
Node: 3
Tree: id 8266 name 'Function - Main' version -32753
from PetGlobals
Frame 0:
Node: 0
Tree: id 4111 name 'Function - Main' version -32758
from TemplateDog
Test Subject
#54 Old 4th Jun 2008 at 6:30 PM
Default can anyone help???
So just yesterday one of my families was infected with the "jump bug" or at least I think that's what it is. Spouses can't interact with each other, at all, and they jump out of any activity if their spouse comes near them, now my sim kids are starting to jump out of stuff (like eating). I did the testingCheatsEnabled and came up with some error logs but from what I can tell (I'm no modder so I could be totally wrong) almost everything is causing a problem, including themselves! I have no idea what's wrong or how to fix it. Can anyone take a look at these error logs and see if they can make sense of them??
Attached files:
File Type: rar  Logs.rar (552.5 KB, 37 downloads) - View custom content
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#55 Old 4th Jun 2008 at 6:46 PM
I always had problems with the skunk doing strange things- they seemed to fix some skunk related glitches in one of the patches, so make sure you're up to date. The bed glitches are strange- but I've seen nonsensical errors of this type when I use beds that have been put in the inventory at some point; also when using certain custom items such as beds and TVs when a nanny is visiting.
Test Subject
#56 Old 4th Jun 2008 at 7:34 PM
thanks. I've been hesitant to download the new Free Time patch because of the whole SecuRom thing, however I may just have to do that. I moved my sims to an empty lot and tried to error message again and the two adult males still caused problems...i'm hoping the patch will fix that. I'll post the new error logs, maybe they will explain more?
Attached files:
File Type: rar  Logs2.rar (106.5 KB, 33 downloads) - View custom content
Test Subject
#57 Old 4th Jun 2008 at 8:12 PM
just a heads up for anyone reading this little thread...do not install the newest free time patch. bad move on my part.
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#58 Old 4th Jun 2008 at 9:13 PM
JessieLarsen (about the second zip you posted)

This problem seems harder than the usual ones.
All the logs refer to a problem while making an arithmetic calculation while executing a Lua script.

Just to clear up, in case you (or anyone reading these notes) is not expert with the game code, the BHAVs can either perform calculations by themselves (in this case, only the standard Simantics compiler is invoked), or call a Lua script, that are executed using a different, separated Lua compiler, contained in the game executable.
While the BHAV compiler is - by now - an old product, definitely not efficient but nevertheless well tested, so that rarely it causes problems in normal conditions, the Lua compiler is a newer addition to the game.
Moreover, the BHAVs can easily be modified, checked and read using SimPE, but modding a Lua script is definitely harder (in fact not a single modder, afaik, has ever created a mod based on a modified Lua script).

Making a long story short, this doesn't seem an error that can be corrected creating a global mod or anything, and it doesn't seem related to a specific hack installed in the game: it happened while the game was calculating the attraction between Nick and Cadee (I guess they are the two male sims you mentioned).

Nevertheless, try removing the entire Downloads folder and run the game again, just to be sure that it's really a game-related problem, not due to a downloaded hack/mod/object.

I've finally started my Journal. Information only, no questions.

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

I *DON'T* accept requests, sorry.
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#59 Old 4th Jun 2008 at 9:49 PM
About the 1st zip

The zip contains several logs, generated by 3 different causes.

1) Skunk (2 occurrences).
The problem seems related to a custom flower: "Flowers - Outdoor - NoCare 2-tone Roses". The skunk tries to execute interaction no.6 ("Eat flowers"), but those flowers don't have an interaction no.6. Just to let you know, Pets has introduced three more interactions for the flowers, while the pre-pets flowers only had 5 interactions. Probably these custom flowers have been created before Pets, or they have been purposely cloned from the base-game version of the flowers. Either way, they are incompatible with the skunk and probably any other flower-eating pets (but I think that normal pets are affected by the bug very rarely, if not at all).

2) Relax on bed (26 occurrences).
This error happens when a sim (in the logs are mentioned several sims, so, it's not related to one specifically) tries to relax on a bed (spontaneous action).
You say that the sims jump off apparently at random, doing different things; but probably they jump as soon as they finish their current action (eating etc) and mentally "explore" the house to find something to do. As soon as they check the bed, in order to relax on it, they suffer from the jump bug.
Now, as far as I could see, the problems seem caused always by the same bed; its Object Data name is "Bed - Single - Moderate" (i.e. a Maxis name), but this is probably meaningless, because many creators don't change the OBJD name.
I suppose it's a custom bed (a single bed) located in the house where Roslyn, Nick, Cadee and Adia live.

3) The remaining 2 logs are related to the same error explained in my previous post.

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#60 Old 4th Jun 2008 at 10:05 PM
IMPORTANT - TO ANYONE POSTING THE ERROR LOGS

I've edited the first post to attach a small file, named "Behaviour.zip": the error logs will be much more readable if you install it following the instructions provided in the post (look for the icon). This is not required in any way, it's absolutely optional, but the error logs will be more understandable and will provide more information if you install it.

Test Subject
#61 Old 5th Jun 2008 at 4:42 AM
Thanks, I'll try removing the downloads folder and see what happens there. Just out of curiousity, if that doesn't fix it is there anything I can do to fix the problem with my two sims or is it sort of a lost cause?
Test Subject
#62 Old 5th Jun 2008 at 5:13 AM
Well (and sorry to keep bothering about this, ) I deleted my downloads folder and that didn't help. The only thing I figured out was that the two adult couples can't interact (Cadee with Nick, and Adia with Ian) once Ian and Nick were deleted I stopped getting error messages but as long as they were on the lot and tried to think about interacting, i got an error message. Plus the only interaction available to them were Appreciate interactions. So I don't know if anyone can help me or if I just have to delete them and make them again.
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#63 Old 5th Jun 2008 at 5:12 PM
I don't know if sims can get somewhat "corrupted".... I don't have any other idea to help you, sorry.

Test Subject
#64 Old 8th Jun 2008 at 9:18 PM
I've had the same problem as JessieLarsen in the second set of logs. It seems to be made more likely by sims aging (or de-aging), but i've never been able to track down exactly what causes it to manifest. It doesn't seem to be related to any hack or at least if it is, removing the all CC does not fix an already broken sim. The only solution I've been able to find is to leave without saving and then pick back up at your last save.

Just to be clear it's the:
Error: Problem executing script (AttractionScore): Run-time:
(none):0: attempt to perform arithmetic on field `?' (a nil value)
stack traceback:
(none): in function `AttractionScore'
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#65 Old 8th Jun 2008 at 10:44 PM
Yes, that is the error I referred to as "a problem while making an arithmetic calculation while executing a Lua script". But now I think that it's not the Lua script nor the Lua compiler that are broken: it seems that the problem is caused by the sims themselves, that have an attribute (sexual preference or similar) set to zero while it is expected to be non-zero. I have no ideas why the sims can "lose" that value, or why it was never set correctly in the first place.

Perhaps these sims are "particular" for some reasons? Have they been created in custom CAS? Have been downloaded and imported in game? Or were they born in game? Do you use InSIMenator or InTEENimater? Have you used a cheat or a cheat object to modify the sims?

Fat Obstreperous Jerk
#66 Old 9th Jun 2008 at 3:29 AM
This is caused by corrupted Attraction tokens. To fix this bug, use the Lot Debugger from More Awesome Than You to delete the attraction tokens. This will clear up the problem in your neighborhood.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Test Subject
#67 Old 9th Jun 2008 at 9:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by J. M. Pescado
This is caused by corrupted Attraction tokens. To fix this bug, use the Lot Debugger from More Awesome Than You to delete the attraction tokens. This will clear up the problem in your neighborhood.

Thanks Pescado, I saw that on another forum shortly after I posted here. I'm going to give it a try later. (And I've changed out almost every hack to ones that are considerably more awesome now than the ones I used previously.) I do have one question: does it delete the attraction tokens from all sims in the current lot, or just the sim who is currently active? I apologize in advance if this is a dumb question, I don't really know how the attractions tokens work.

Numenor, Every time I have seen it happen it happened with premade maxis sims. The first time I saw it my wife had inTEEN and inSIM in the downloads folder and it happened shortly after a teen aged to an adult. She has since removed inTEEN, but a similar thing happened with a bartender and maitre d' at one of the NL clubs and in on my own computer with Pollination Tech #9 when he used the genie lamp to become and adult with LBFYouthWish , didn't think anything of PT9 at first since he is kinda screwed up anyway.
Test Subject
#68 Old 16th Jun 2008 at 5:42 AM
Default a little lost
Hi, first of all let me just say I'm not very experienced with any of this sort of stuff, so forgive me if I'm making stupid mistakes. My pets were sinking into the floor, so I completed an error log, but all that seems to be coming up is a problem with the double atomic age bed, which is an aspyr made object. I'm not sure what else I should be looking for, and any help would be greatly appreciated. I'm not sure if it makes any difference, but im running the program on a mac and have uni, pets, seasons, nightlife and business installed. I'm a little tired of my poor dog being 'rescued' by the police because it can't get to the food bowl :/ .
Attached files:
File Type: zip  ObjectError_N001_t321305.zip (16.9 KB, 31 downloads) - View custom content
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#69 Old 16th Jun 2008 at 11:00 PM
I'm sorry but I'm totally lost, too. The code mentioned in the error log is very difficult to understand, and includes functions that I'm not familiar with.
However, I know by experience that sometimes the error logs show errors occurring in a Maxis object, but actually caused by some custom content that interferes with the normal functions of the game.
Have you tried running the game after having removed the entire Downloads folder?

Retired Duck
retired moderator
#70 Old 17th Jun 2008 at 12:49 AM
Do you have any autonomous sleep or sleep on community lot hacks from pre-pets by any chance?
Test Subject
#71 Old 17th Jun 2008 at 2:55 AM
I removed my entire downloads folder, and that seemed to work, so I gradually started weeding out the problem by process of elimination , and what I've come up with was the inteenimater mod. I'm not sure exactly how it's causing the problem, has anyone else had trouble with it? I've removed it from my downloads and I think the game's running smoothly now.
Test Subject
#72 Old 3rd Jul 2008 at 3:02 PM
Default Can someone take a look at these and tell me where to start
Hi,

I have a couple of logs that I need interpreted to explain an error that I'm getting in game.

Also if anyone can point me to a 'fixing errors for n00Bs' after explaining these I'd be glad to start working on these on my own.

I have SimPE but I'm very much a novice and want to have some type of basic understanding before I start breaking things.

Thanks in advance for your help.
Attached files:
File Type: zip  Logs.zip (37.5 KB, 27 downloads) - View custom content
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#73 Old 3rd Jul 2008 at 4:44 PM
It's not always easy (or possible at all) to understand what causes a jump bug, and this is a difficult case...
I suspect the you are using a global hack related to sims' relationships, or maybe a custom fridge, that are not compatible with your game.
Can you think to any downloaded stuff that you have installed, regarding sims relationships or custom fridges?

Test Subject
#74 Old 3rd Jul 2008 at 10:12 PM
As fate would have it I have both. I have the transparent expensive fridge on that lot but I have other fridges downloaded(including the CounterCulture multi-fridge pack). I also have the insimenator but it is the version compatible with freetime.

If you have any suggestions on what my next step should be please advise.
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#75 Old 3rd Jul 2008 at 10:30 PM
I don't have anything against the InSIM, but I think that you should first try removing the insimenator from the downloads, then load the game and try doing the same things you were doing when the game gave the error. If you still get the error, even without the insimenator, then try removing the fridges (I'm 100% sure that it's not the CounterCulture one: if the culprit is a fridge, it's one that the creator forgot to rename the OBJD for; and I never forget to rename it ).

Page 3 of 6