Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Field Researcher
#251 Old 26th Jan 2013 at 12:36 AM
Quote: Originally posted by daniandan
I hope Stephanie gets evicted. I hated the way that she voted Madison out

Me too, but at least she'll be known for backstabbing the backstabber.

So I'm really happy right now. I may be getting a new computer for my birthday! The one thing I need to know is how to transfer my save files to my new computer. Would I copy a save folder and put it on my flash drive? If so, where would I go?
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#252 Old 2nd Feb 2013 at 8:46 PM
Alright, My new computer is up and running, my save files & sims games all made it in one piece, I'm ready to continue playing. The only problem I'm having is that it's so much harder to save pictures. "Print screen" gives me a black screen instead of the picture I want, so instead I'm having to save my pics via the Sims 3 launcher, and THEN I have to transfer the pictures onto paint & save them in JPEG format. Oh Windows 8, you run so fast, but you're so confusing *~*
Lab Assistant
#253 Old 4th Feb 2013 at 10:14 PM
Hey everyone! I've recently started a Big Brother style challenge of my own. I'm not really following the rules here - instead I came up with my own schedule and such because it's kind of a unique setup. But I'm blogging it, and so it may be of interest to you anyway. Most of the contestants are Batman characters, and there's a lot more than 8 of them...
Field Researcher
#254 Old 4th Feb 2013 at 11:03 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Avalikia
Hey everyone! I've recently started a Big Brother style challenge of my own. I'm not really following the rules here - instead I came up with my own schedule and such because it's kind of a unique setup. But I'm blogging it, and so it may be of interest to you anyway. Most of the contestants are Batman characters, and there's a lot more than 8 of them...

*Reading post*: Ha, forget the rules, don't worry, I'm using more than 8 as well.

*Looking at blog*: FORTY-ONE?!?!?!?!?!?!

Wow, that's gonna take a while.
Field Researcher
#255 Old 10th Feb 2013 at 4:07 AM
Episode 25: Winter's Bone

Field Researcher
#256 Old 10th Feb 2013 at 4:09 AM
(split into two parts)

Test Subject
#257 Old 10th Feb 2013 at 8:12 AM
I love your challenge. Thank you.
Test Subject
#258 Old 10th Feb 2013 at 6:27 PM
WooHoo Go Ling-Ling!! She Must Win!!!

sidenote: i love your new computer,. it makes the graphics seem so realistic( i never noticed Ling-Ling has freckles)

Other Sidenote: Just found out about thrift shop yesterday

"Some say the world will end in fire,
Some say in ice.
From what I've tasted of desire
I hold with those who favor fire."
-Robert Frost
Mad Poster
#259 Old 12th Feb 2013 at 5:13 AM
Quote: Originally posted by gizmoman49
(split into two parts)

Yes, Stephanie's gone. I never liked that backstabber at all.
Go Randy

Make it idiot proof and someone will make a better idiot.
Steam ID: PadukSteam
Lab Assistant
#260 Old 14th Feb 2013 at 9:36 PM
*Looking at blog*: FORTY-ONE?!?!?!?!?!?!

Wow, that's gonna take a while.

Well, I'm not going to kick them out one at a time until the household shrinks down some. And since *censored due to Week 1 spoiler* that helped with the numbers. My master plan has it going for 14 weeks, though.
Field Researcher
#261 Old 4th Mar 2013 at 10:28 PM
Alright, I finished theater a few days ago, so of course my teachers assign a ridiculous amount of homework & tests. I promise I'll finish the series over spring break.
Field Researcher
#262 Old 11th Mar 2013 at 7:05 AM
Episode 26: The Final HoH

Lab Assistant
#263 Old 11th Mar 2013 at 7:30 AM
I actually have a Survivor reality story/challenge going on right now. It's not EXACTLY like this Big Brother challenge, but I think that it follows the basic format.

http://www.modthesims.info/article.php?t=497539

There it is if you wanna check out my progress on it so far :D
Mad Poster
#264 Old 11th Mar 2013 at 11:43 PM
Episode 26: The Final HoH

Noooooo! Randy's gone.

Field Researcher
#265 Old 14th Mar 2013 at 6:51 AM
I have all the photos. Expect the finale to be up soon!
Test Subject
#266 Old 14th Mar 2013 at 5:58 PM
I have a question for you, Gizmo. How do your sims choose answers with gnomes or by turning on the lamp? Obviously then can't do it themselves, with no input from simmer.
Do you decide for them voluntarily? Use the dice? Interpret their movements? I'm honestly curious
Also, can't wait for the grand finale :D
Field Researcher
#267 Old 14th Mar 2013 at 7:19 PM
At first the show relied entirely on the Sims ability to get skill points and I would take pictures of what they were doing, then I realized I would eventually run out of skill points, and the show would be much better if I scripted some scenes, so yes, I chose the outcome of the "Where are they now?", "Gnome Sorting", and "Opinion Statements" competitions, but I tried to keep in mind how each contestant would answer based on their knowledge of everything in the house, and I created some of the scenes in the show (i.e. Stephanie's hair being dyed blue, Ling Ling getting an alien snowman, Mrs. Crumplebottom's torture cell, etc.). I will tell you that I did see who the houseguests had better relationships with for evictions, and that is how the jury will be voting.
Field Researcher
#268 Old 16th Mar 2013 at 6:10 AM Last edited by gizmoman49 : 15th Sep 2014 at 5:46 AM.
Episode 27:And the Winner is...

Field Researcher
#269 Old 16th Mar 2013 at 6:10 AM
(the second and final part)
Test Subject
#270 Old 16th Mar 2013 at 9:22 AM
Wooo! Great!
Also, Kent sometimes looks like Gizmo, doesn't he? At the Pepsi moment and in the next bit.
Mad Poster
#271 Old 16th Mar 2013 at 11:01 AM
Wooo! Great job at the whole Big Brother challenge Gizmo. I really enjoyed reading it.
I still wished Randy won though.

Field Researcher
#272 Old 19th Mar 2013 at 5:07 AM
Oops, I forgot to announce who America's Favorite Houseguest was

So anyway, America's Favorite Houseguest is... MADISON!!!

Madison:"Woo! $25,000 for me!"
Test Subject
#273 Old 21st Mar 2013 at 8:05 PM
I never knew challenges existed... but now that I do, I think I'm obsessed. I love love love this challenge, and have already started with it. It is just so much fun to watch them do whatever.. I named one of the characters after me, hoping that she'll beat the others, but so far.. it looks like she'll be the first one out. O.o Quite sad.. but anywho, thank for this!!
Lab Assistant
#274 Old 22nd Mar 2013 at 8:14 PM
I've always had the worst luck with any 'special to me' Sims I put into this kind of challenge. I put my self-Sim into one back in the Sims 2, and she died from starving to death after falling asleep in her food literally all day. She was out on the porch, and it was summer, so she got a sunburn, and she was in her underwear. All in all, perhaps the most pathetic way a Sim could go.

And in the current one I'm doing, I actually had six Sims based on characters of mine in the house, but four of them *spoilers* during Week 1. Of the other two, one lasted until Week 7, and the other got voted out during Week 9. x.x
Field Researcher
#275 Old 22nd Mar 2013 at 11:41 PM
Sorry to hear you have bad luck with sims close to you. Here, play this game to cheer you up:

http://www.silvergames.com/can-your-pet
Page 11 of 14