Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
#26 Old 20th Jul 2010 at 4:59 PM
Excellent!
Advertisement
Test Subject
#27 Old 3rd Aug 2010 at 12:29 AM
everytime i shift right click ANYTHING, the only thing htat pops up is 'object...' and when i clikc on object, the only option is 'delete'. Yes, i did the buydebug, it's worked.
Lab Assistant
#28 Old 3rd Aug 2010 at 7:04 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Juwina
everytime i shift right click ANYTHING, the only thing htat pops up is 'object...' and when i clikc on object, the only option is 'delete'. Yes, i did the buydebug, it's worked.

It's CTRL-SHIFT-Click.

You're forgetting to hold down CTRL in addition to SHIFT and clicking.
Lab Assistant
#29 Old 10th Sep 2010 at 3:36 PM
I have a question: Is it possible to have two rooms turn visible when the Sim enters a tomb? I have a room that is two stories high, but I have to place a tomb object ball (or whatever these are called in English) into each floor or one of them will be visible from the beginning. So, my question is whether I could activate some behavior that will have the upper floor also turn visible as soon as the Sim enters the lower level? Does anyone know?
Lab Assistant
#30 Old 10th Sep 2010 at 7:44 PM
Yes.

Tomb Markers have the ability to unfog rooms as an activated behavior.

So you just need to place a link trigger on an object or hidden panel that the sim will walk through or activate as they enter the ground room, link it to the tomb marker in the floor above to unfog the room.

Done and done.
Lab Assistant
#31 Old 17th Sep 2010 at 12:55 PM
How do you use that processor thingy?
Theorist
#32 Old 17th Sep 2010 at 4:52 PM
Has anyone had any progress linking tombs together via uber dive wells?

This little structure below leads to a 16 level dungeon. To the player anyhow.

You can utilise alot of map space that you don't even realise that is there, egypts beaches for example have a huge amount of room for subterranean sprawls. The potential is almost limitless.

#BlairWitchPetition
TS3 NEEDS: TENNIS COURTS > BUSES > PIGS/SHEEP
Can't find stuff in build and buy mode? http://www.nexusmods.com/thesims3/mods/1/?
Lab Assistant
#33 Old 23rd Sep 2010 at 5:00 PM
Default uber dive well?
Saw the uber dive well option, is that for linking a dive well on a lot to a dive well on another lot?

Fred

If I could fly high above the world, would I see a bunch of living dots spell the world stupidity? - Greg Graffin
Blenderized to Pieces
retired moderator
#34 Old 6th Dec 2010 at 8:07 PM
Fredsmith909.... I don't see how you could use a dive well on one lot and have it go to a different lot. The tombs and triggers are contained within the lot. When you are walking around a TS3 neighborhood, all you are seeing are the shells of lots until you enter them. There is no way that I know of for a trigger/well on one lot to have an effect on a different lot. Each placed lot has their own neighborhood address (which you don't know) and you'd have to know what that was. I don't know if that is possible.

Ok. I see that there is a need for a tutorial on tomb making/ triggers/ etc. I am playing with them on a lot I'm making right now. I will incorporate the stuff you guys have divulged here into a tutorial once I bug check my lot and if my mad typing skills are working, I'll turn it into a tutorial someday on the wiki so people can add things to it as they find them. :0) (Don't cross your fingers any time soon. I have too many things on my plate right now.)

Right now, all I've done is make a wiki link to this conversation.
Lab Assistant
#35 Old 7th Dec 2010 at 12:31 AM
Quote: Originally posted by porkypine
Fredsmith909.... I don't see how you could use a dive well on one lot and have it go to a different lot. The tombs and triggers are contained within the lot. When you are walking around a TS3 neighborhood, all you are seeing are the shells of lots until you enter them. There is no way that I know of for a trigger/well on one lot to have an effect on a different lot. Each placed lot has their own neighborhood address (which you don't know) and you'd have to know what that was. I don't know if that is possible.

The dive wells are namable, so you have to remember, or write down what you named the one on lot A. Then, go to lot B, place 2nd well, name it and then link it to well A. Go back to lot A and link that back to the now-named well B. And yes, @fredsmith909 they both have to be set as uber wells, first.
Blenderized to Pieces
retired moderator
#36 Old 7th Dec 2010 at 3:55 PM Last edited by porkypine : 7th Dec 2010 at 4:07 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by VegaBlack
The dive wells are namable, so you have to remember, or write down what you named the one on lot A. Then, go to lot B, place 2nd well, name it and then link it to well A. Go back to lot A and link that back to the now-named well B. And yes, @fredsmith909 they both have to be set as uber wells, first.

Really? You can have a dive well on one lot go to a different lot? I'll have to play with that. :D
Lab Assistant
#37 Old 22nd Dec 2010 at 11:35 PM
How do you change the sound that goes off every time a sim enters a new tomb room? Currently its the Egypt themed one and that's my least favorite...
Test Subject
#38 Old 24th Dec 2010 at 4:43 AM
can we reset all of our setting(trigger&trap) after we activated the trigger??
Test Subject
#39 Old 2nd Jan 2011 at 5:02 PM
Is this about the sims 3?
Test Subject
#40 Old 3rd Jan 2011 at 12:34 AM
yeah it's about the sims 3.
Test Subject
#41 Old 30th Jan 2011 at 9:04 AM
Default How do I reset tomb room marker?
I want to build a secret passage in my mansion. I have figured out how to make a hidden room with a hidden door that opens when you turn on a specific light to reveal the secret passage. I have also figured out how to reset and hide the door when the sim has walked through.

However, I cannot figure out how to hide or "fog" to passage afterwords without going back into build/buy mode and reset the tomb room marker that way.

I read on another post that you can set a floor switch to restore the fog but I can't figure it out.

Is it possible?
Lab Assistant
#42 Old 5th Feb 2011 at 6:00 PM
Sorry to everyone who had questions about building tombs. It's been a busy year and I stopped coming here cold turkey, more or less.

Quote: Originally posted by porkypine
Really? You can have a dive well on one lot go to a different lot? I'll have to play with that. :D

Absolutely. Very simple to do. It's all in the names. So Well A can send you to Well B as long as you've got the names and destinations correct. This is just a good idea even if your portals are all in one lot. Also make sure it's an uberportal (or whatever the name is. It's been some time since I fired up Sims 3 for the purpose of building) so it functions more than just a treasure trove/hidden switch pond.

Quote: Originally posted by crystal_light7
How do you change the sound that goes off every time a sim enters a new tomb room? Currently its the Egypt themed one and that's my least favorite...

I -think- this lies within the tomb marker's definition of the tomb. If you explore the options of the tomb marker (the blackish ball that tells the game it's a tomb room) you should be able to set the tomb to be a tomb of fire, tomb of death, tomb of magic, etc. I don't know 100% if this will change the ambient music or not. If you have ambitions, you can mess with the special effects object (looks like a blue ball in the menu; again forgot it's exact name) and see if there is a code that will play a type of music you would prefer.

Quote: Originally posted by Dabih
I want to build a secret passage in my mansion. I have figured out how to make a hidden room with a hidden door that opens when you turn on a specific light to reveal the secret passage. I have also figured out how to reset and hide the door when the sim has walked through.

However, I cannot figure out how to hide or "fog" to passage afterwords without going back into build/buy mode and reset the tomb room marker that way.

I read on another post that you can set a floor switch to restore the fog but I can't figure it out.

Is it possible?

This is a big pet peeve of tomb builders everywhere. The inability to reset the fog. As far as I know, and unless they changed this in Late Night, there is no way to tell a room to refog. It sounds like someone might've misunderstood you by using the term fog; instead of fog in terms of room visibility, they might've understood it as the fog generated from the effects object. In which case, that can be done with a hidden switch or even a walkthrough trigger.
Test Subject
#43 Old 26th Feb 2011 at 11:25 PM
I have a question about the tomb room marker, clearly I'm doing something wrong. When I put a marker into a room, set the fog to 'draw' and the sim enters, the lights come on, but the room stays dark..the sim is all grey. If I change the settings to don't draw, then the room isn't blacked out at all.. I can't seem to find any sort of guide that really covers this. Help??
Eminence Grise
#44 Old 27th Feb 2011 at 10:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SwandaG
I have a question about the tomb room marker, clearly I'm doing something wrong. When I put a marker into a room, set the fog to 'draw' and the sim enters, the lights come on, but the room stays dark..the sim is all grey. If I change the settings to don't draw, then the room isn't blacked out at all.. I can't seem to find any sort of guide that really covers this. Help??

The default tomb marker (before you've changed any settings) should behave the way you want.

I would guess that either you have some kind of bug, or it's interacting with some other object that affects the lighting?
Lab Assistant
#45 Old 28th Feb 2011 at 8:51 AM
Quote: Originally posted by SwandaG

It's hard to determine by this data what exactly is wrong. Personally I've never run into this, so I'm not entirely certain what the problem is.

Can you describe what all is in the room?

Here is why I'm asking:

The Tomb Marker itself is working. This marker tells the game that "Hey! this room is a tomb!". The other objects within that room may change properties because of this. It's entirely possible that there may be some wierdness going on.

Another possibility is as posted above, a wierd glitchy booger in the game. There are many of them.

The best way to determine if your tomb marker is acting all funkified is to create an empty room with one stock light source (in other words, no custom content light, no xpac light. base game light to eliminate all potential wierdness) and a tomb marker with the fog set to draw.

Have your sim enter that room and see if the problem persists. If it does, then chances are it's some weirdness with the game and that's beyond my scope of understanding. If it doesn't though... try to recreate the room little by little starting with the basic stuff.

Oh, in the interest of randomness, if you are using a no-blur patch, if you're not using an updated version it causes all special effects in the game to vanish; including tomb effects such as the fire, lightning, steam, and darts from traps.
Test Subject
#46 Old 28th Feb 2011 at 11:42 AM
Thank you both I'll try your suggestion, Beer76, hopefully that'll do it.
Lab Assistant
#47 Old 5th Mar 2011 at 6:28 PM
Good luck! Feel free to hit me up if you're still having issues.

It's been awhile since I sat down and made a tomb (pre-late night), but I remember most of the basic stuff.

Just remember that anything EA introduces to your game has a 80% chance of setting it on fire and turning it into a rape victim with PTSD.
Lab Assistant
#48 Old 24th Mar 2011 at 10:58 PM
In order to make a tomb a little more challenging, I need to use combined triggers so I can make puzzles.

This is the scenario:
A door is locked. The goal is to open it by pressing down two switches.

Let's say we have the switches A, B and C. The door opens when A and B is pressed down, however, not if C already is pressed down.

Basically, how do I make a trigger based on TWO criteria, that Switch A and B must be pressed down to trigger an effect?

The easiest way would be to use variables, and I don't find a way to do so. For example, it would be nice if you could make a statue move one step forward each time a correct switch is pressed down, and backwards for the wrong statue. Eventually that statue will reach a switch which could be set to open the door.
Lab Assistant
#49 Old 25th Mar 2011 at 7:57 AM Last edited by Beer76 : 25th Mar 2011 at 8:22 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by The Builder
In order to make a tomb a little more challenging, I need to use combined triggers so I can make puzzles.

This is the scenario:
A door is locked. The goal is to open it by pressing down two switches.

Let's say we have the switches A, B and C. The door opens when A and B is pressed down, however, not if C already is pressed down.

Well this is a lot easier done than said. The basics of what you want is… Switch A, B, and C must be pressed in order for the door to open. No problem.

You will be utilizing The Processor item to function as a logic gateway to meet your criteria. By default, the processor is an AND logic gateway so there won't be any real messing around with it other than basic trigger/behavior stuff.

Switch A will activate the In0 behavior. Switch B will activate the In1 behavior. Switch C will activate the In2 behavior. Because the processor is an AND gateway, all used inputs must be activated in order for it to work. Output 0 is the only one that functions on the processor while it is used as an AND gateway. So that will be what you want to trigger the effect. The rest is based on the placement of the switches in order to get the effect you desire (for example, the player must activate a switch in the early part of the tomb, to complete the AND logic gateway for when they run up against the door and switches A & B).

Quote:
Basically, how do I make a trigger based on TWO criteria, that Switch A and B must be pressed down to trigger an effect?

See the above solution and remove Switch C from the equation.

Quote:
The easiest way would be to use variables, and I don't find a way to do so. For example, it would be nice if you could make a statue move one step forward each time a correct switch is pressed down, and backwards for the wrong statue. Eventually that statue will reach a switch which could be set to open the door.

Unfortunately statues don’t move on their own (that I’ve discovered anyhow). A sim must move them. What you could do in lieu of this is create a network of traps that block access to that statue and have traps deactivate for a correct act and reactivate for an incorrect act.

Good luck!
Lab Assistant
#50 Old 25th Mar 2011 at 1:39 PM Last edited by The Builder : 25th Mar 2011 at 2:20 PM.
And what's "The Processor"-item? Can you select an infinite number inputs, and Output 0 only activates when all the selected inputs are fulfilled in any order?

What I meant was that C is a false switch and must not be pressed down for the door to open. But I guess it's simply to put 'not pressed down' as In2.

EDIT

I found a computer which I missed earlier, and what I did was to make switch C reset it.

But thanks a lot! Of course now I got really curious about all of the Gates and functions of this device, but I can imagine there's a complete guide somewhere.
Page 2 of 3