Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Theorist
Original Poster
#1 Old 9th Aug 2019 at 9:23 PM Last edited by CaliBrat : 10th Aug 2019 at 1:18 AM.
Default Parentin mod for stupid sims
I know there are a few different parentin mods out there, but which one helps to make the parents (or family member) not so stupid when it comes a stinky baby? They'll go pick it up and then just stand there with it. I can't recall them usin the chanin table w/o my directin them too. Same goes for the nanny. There are times that a sim will wash a baby in the sink, but that is rare.

I think I have some sorta baby swarmin mod... might be TJ's ... would hafta look, but if there's a better one that is all inclusive I'm up for tryin a different one that'll do what I'm askin for.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 10th Aug 2019 at 8:17 PM
I would like an answer to this also. I have lots of baby mods, and most of them don't seem to do anything (like, one to stop a playable or the nanny from putting it on the floor). And is there a reason Sims sometimes just STAND there with a baby, who does not need changing, after feeding it, or getting it out of crib for no apparent reason.

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Mad Poster
#3 Old 11th Aug 2019 at 3:55 AM
I think it's the changing table, and somewhere there is a fix for it, but I don't remember where, but it's a non-autonomous object or something.

grammapat, obviously they're standing there just marveling at a baby. Surely you've done that!

Pics from my game: Sunbee's Simblr Sunbee's Livejournal
"English is a marvelous edged weapon if you know how to wield it." C.J. Cherryh
Alchemist
#4 Old 11th Aug 2019 at 4:44 AM Last edited by Sunrader : 11th Aug 2019 at 2:37 PM.
Check out the better babies link in my signature. The fixes are in that post. I have also tweaked Pescado's baby controller to use more cribs and changing tables and to have a more appropriate model. It's on my simblr. https://sunradersimblr.tumblr.com/p...troller-tweaked
Meet Me In My Next Life
#5 Old 11th Aug 2019 at 11:04 PM
I never had a problem with a Sims who did not change the baby diaper once there is a green odor smell, they take care of it. Now I have notice that a very "Neat Sims" right away will change the diaper, or bath the baby.

"Nothing in life is a Surprise it just happen to come your way at the time".
Mad Poster
#6 Old 12th Aug 2019 at 1:09 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Simonut
I never had a problem with a Sims who did not change the baby diaper once there is a green odor smell, they take care of it. Now I have notice that a very "Neat Sims" right away will change the diaper, or bath the baby.

======
I hate that too. The idea of a baby pooping their diaper and they get bathed WITH THE POOPY DIAPER! Gaa! Sims is disgusting.

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Meet Me In My Next Life
#7 Old 12th Aug 2019 at 3:13 AM
Quote: Originally posted by grammapat
======
I hate that too. The idea of a baby pooping their diaper and they get bathed WITH THE POOPY DIAPER! Gaa! Sims is disgusting.

@grammapat hahahahah Maybe we need to build a parent nursery school on how to care for a baby for sims. I don't know if there is one already somewhere.
I don't have the patience to build one or teach the Sims. lmao in my game I can't wait until the baby or toddler stage is over and done, the child and teen is my favorite stage.

Mad Poster
#8 Old 12th Aug 2019 at 9:28 AM
Quote: Originally posted by grammapat
======

Gummilutt has a mod where bathing changes the diaper.
Meet Me In My Next Life
#9 Old 14th Aug 2019 at 2:15 AM
@Charity Thank you, but I rather stick with reality. A baby taken a bath and diaper change within the tub of water don't sound too clean for me. lol

Alchemist
#10 Old 14th Aug 2019 at 2:40 AM
Mad Poster
#11 Old 14th Aug 2019 at 7:24 AM
That is Gummilutt's one. I just see it as taking the diaper off when the other clothes are removed for the bath.
Meet Me In My Next Life
#12 Old 15th Aug 2019 at 1:46 AM
Ok I think I read the notes wrong, it seem to change the diaper. But I will just stick with Maxis method.