Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
#22176 Old 28th Aug 2015 at 8:23 PM
Thank you very much, @Charmful! I think I might get it working now - I must have missed the part about the shift key
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#22177 Old 28th Aug 2015 at 8:26 PM
I am pretty sure the human statue is under buy - hobbies somewhere, amongst the massage table and those stuff - I have some on some of my community lots (it always amuses me - and my Sims).
Theorist
#22178 Old 28th Aug 2015 at 9:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Charmful
Also, I didn't see ScaryRob mention this about the quarter tile cheat, though it may be mentione din the page he did link, but it's helpful to note that after typing in 'SetQuarterTilePlacement on' to then hit control + F to actually turn it on. If you just type in the cheat it won't move objects quarter tile until you 'turn it on' with Contril + F.

Yes, but that's why I linked to the cheats page, which has everything organized and explained in concise little paragraphs.
Theorist
#22179 Old 28th Aug 2015 at 9:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Justpetro
Thank you very much, @Charmful! I think I might get it working now - I must have missed the part about the shift key

No need to press the Shift key, just press < or > for 45-degree rotation.
Link Ninja
#22180 Old 28th Aug 2015 at 9:53 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ScaryRob
Yes, but that's why I linked to the cheats page, which has everything organized and explained in concise little paragraphs.

I see that, it is very helpful. I'll bookmark it since I didn't see this before.

Uh oh! My social bar is low - that's why I posted today.

Theorist
#22181 Old 28th Aug 2015 at 10:02 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Charmful
I see that, it is very helpful. I'll bookmark it since I didn't see this before.

That's the problem with this website. There are too many forums and key, basic information is hidden to where it's practically impossible to find. That's why the same questions and issues are asked over and over again.
While we're on the subject of building cheats, here's the link to the excellent Mike Inside building tutorial pages, which is also worth bookmarking.
Link Ninja
#22182 Old 28th Aug 2015 at 10:04 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ScaryRob
That's the problem with this website. There are too many forums and key, basic information is hidden to where it's practically impossible to find. That's why the same questions and issues are asked over and over again.
While we're on the subject of building cheats, here's the link to the excellent Mike Inside building tutorial pages, which is also worth bookmarking.

Thanks! I have had mike's Inside bookmarked for ages, it was one of the first sim building sites I ever found

Uh oh! My social bar is low - that's why I posted today.

Lab Assistant
#22183 Old 29th Aug 2015 at 1:45 AM
How do you stop yourself from doing too much at one time? I create too many storylines at one time, get overwhelmed, and then delete everything I've just done.
Mad Poster
#22184 Old 29th Aug 2015 at 2:31 AM
Practice, dear! You know you do it, so - you stop. Instead of running on to the next storyline, you stay where you are. You pace yourself. You set up a rotation which will deal with all the storylines and tell yourself they'll all get done. You experiment to find out what your optimal load is.

And you don't delete anything. You let it sit there till you want to go back to it.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#22185 Old 29th Aug 2015 at 3:11 AM

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#22186 Old 29th Aug 2015 at 10:21 AM
Thank you, @Charmful, @ScaryRob and @Marka - I think (Eureka!) I got it I really appreciate it - I would probably still have been looking for the correct arrows!
Theorist
#22187 Old 29th Aug 2015 at 4:28 PM
Is there a way to reset the business perks without selling the shop? I have businesses created since the beginning of the hood and previous owners didn't pass along the perks. I now have some businesses which are rank 10 and the perks are lost to the current owner.
Mad Poster
#22188 Old 29th Aug 2015 at 10:48 PM
How does meditation and the motive/aspiration freeze work? I've never used it, and my Sims motives are not freezing. It's started levitating, but still motives go down. Perhaps I need to 50/50, but I figured I'd ask first to make sure I didn't misunderstand how it works.

Creations can be found on my on tumblr.
Top Secret Researcher
#22189 Old 29th Aug 2015 at 11:38 PM
It just works, as soon as the meditation begins (I use meditation rather than coffins for my vampires and I've never had the freezing not work).
Mad Poster
#22190 Old 30th Aug 2015 at 3:17 PM
Has anyone elses bootstrap MTS started looking... blue? I can't say what it is, but yesterday the discussion forum suddenly looked more blue than it used to. Something about the text is not as it used to, but not sure how it was before either. I just know it looks wrong.

Mad Poster
#22191 Old 30th Aug 2015 at 3:59 PM
No, mine looks the same. It's always been blue. That's why I don't like it. I had the pink one before.

"Fear not little flock, for it hath pleased your Father to give you a kingdom". Luke 12:32 Chris Hatch's family friendly files archived on SFS: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=603534 . Bulbizarre's website: https://archiveofourown.org/users/C...CoveredPortals/
Mad Poster
#22192 Old 30th Aug 2015 at 9:18 PM
What happens if you sell/give a pet to a townie?

~Your friendly neighborhood ginge
Mad Poster
#22193 Old 30th Aug 2015 at 9:50 PM
It becomes a stray Bigsimsfan12

Mad Poster
#22194 Old 30th Aug 2015 at 9:57 PM
Speedy reply Gummilutt. Thanks!

~Your friendly neighborhood ginge
Top Secret Researcher
#22195 Old 30th Aug 2015 at 10:14 PM
I haven't played in a few days (just doing other things and taking a break. I finished an entire 'hood...nearly)

As I mentioned before I think repairing the game awhile ago reset stuff to maxis templates instead of the Tarlia I had. Should the Maxis downtown and La Fiesta Tech really be that bad? I mean I haven't done much and could easily start over but at the same time i'm wondering if I should just get over it and play them anyway. I don't mind extra townies, I just mind adding unnecessary corruption and I don't know if they do.

If i'm told to get over it and play, that is what I shall do As I said extra townies, if they don't make the game implode lol, don't bother me none.

My Simblr
He/They
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#22196 Old 30th Aug 2015 at 10:38 PM
Townies don't make the game explode, it's just most of us are very bored of them after ten years and want them gone. Then when do want a few, not a hoard we make our own.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#22197 Old 30th Aug 2015 at 11:23 PM
AFAIK the only advantage to Tarlia's LFT is that Mickey's broken face template is fixed. And the Maxis downtown isn't bad at all, though House of Fallen Trees generally glitches sooner or later.

(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Top Secret Researcher
#22198 Old 31st Aug 2015 at 7:01 AM
Thanks How does the house of fallen trees glitch? Do you have to play it for it to glitch or does it somehow just glitch anyway? Just curious

My Simblr
He/They
Theorist
#22199 Old 31st Aug 2015 at 12:47 PM
Quote: Originally posted by gummilutt
How does meditation and the motive/aspiration freeze work? I've never used it, and my Sims motives are not freezing. It's started levitating, but still motives go down. Perhaps I need to 50/50, but I figured I'd ask first to make sure I didn't misunderstand how it works.

If motives still go down while meditating, then a mod may be affecting it. An example of how I first used meditation was in The Sims Life Stories. Riley learned to meditate early on which kept her needs up while waiting for a goal to start if she had the requirements finished. Mostly it helped while she was pregnant and had nothing else to accomplish other than keep her needs up until time to have the party. After eating, sleeping and raising her other needs, she just meditated until there was a requirement for her to complete. Otherwise her needs dropped much to quickly and it was annoying to get anything done. Now I just use it when a sim has to wait to do something, like a teen sneaking out. Gotta be rested for whatever it is they do at all hours of the night besides hiding from the police. (:

When you forgive, you heal. When you let go, you grow.
Mad Poster
#22200 Old 31st Aug 2015 at 5:01 PM
I don't think the House's glitching is contagious. It usually starts crashing after awhile, judging from my wholly unscientific impression gained from reading other people's blogs and posts and tumblrs. I got rid of the absurdly deep basement, thinking that the lot probably tended to strain machine resources; but the whole time he lived there Jay McCullough was plagued by blanks in his wants panels, and eventually it started crashing randomly on me. That might have been part of the general problem I had with downtown, though, as not long after I gave up and bulldozed HoFT I also had to give up and amputate downtown. (All graves properly moved and community lots sold, of course.)

Locked thread | Locked by: Delphy Reason: 1000 pages.... time to start a new one!
Page 888 of 1000