Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 3rd Jul 2010 at 4:28 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3
game not compatible with expantion pack? help
i have the sims 3 with world adventures and every time itry to start it up now this message apears that says base gaem not compatible with expantio packs please update useing launcher or something similer to that. i need help annyone know why?

p.s: all my games are up to date
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#2 Old 3rd Jul 2010 at 5:03 PM
Did you uninstall all Mods/Hacks before installing WA? I'm no Pescado so I can't be sure whether that is the root problem or not.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 3rd Jul 2010 at 6:16 PM Last edited by ellacharm3d : 3rd Jul 2010 at 7:25 PM. Reason: Merged posts: 3231353, 3231355, 3231356
no

----------
its not about installing WA ive had WA for a while now and these probloms just started!

----------
but idid just update WA
In the Arena
retired moderator
#4 Old 3rd Jul 2010 at 7:27 PM
Default MTS2 Staff Reply
  • Sims 3 - Verify game versions
    1. What is your gameversion? How_to_find_your_GameVersion

Copy and paste the first line of the skuversion.txt from the following locations, for whichever games you have:
      C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game\Bin
      C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3 World Adventures\Game\Bin
      C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3 High End Loft Stuff\Game\Bin
      C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3 Ambitions\Game\Bin

Quote:
      BG: GameVersion =
      WA: GameVersion =
      HEL: GameVersion =
      AMB: GameVersion =

Do not bump or multi-post, please. Read Site rules for all the Site's policies. Next time, I'll start issuing warnings and enough warning points accumulated will result in a temp ban.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 5th Jul 2010 at 1:51 PM Last edited by werismyki : 6th Jul 2010 at 5:23 PM. Reason: Merged posts: 3233509, 3233921, 3233947
base game:GameVersion = 1.11.7.005001

world adventures: GameVersion = 2.7.7.006001

here they are

also sorry i dident know you could edit posts

oh btw i dident back up my mods when i updated it ( guess thats close enough to installing an expantion pack

OH ALSO! i forgot its says incompatible not not up to date

should i just reinstall it?
Mad Poster
#6 Old 6th Jul 2010 at 5:27 PM
Default MTS2 Staff Reply
Last Warning: Please use the Edit button to add information unless someone else has posted. Thank You.
What is the exact error you are receiving? When did the issue start occurring? What changed recently?
Are you starting the game via the launcher or by clicking on the .exe file under Program Files?