Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 14th Oct 2016 at 8:04 PM
Default How do you imprison passerby sims?
I have fun trolling around on some less than moral families in sims, and this aspect is the reason making the switch from sims 2 to 3 has been so difficult for me: imprisoning sims in your home. Now, as far as I can tell the only way to keep sims locked up in places is to actually have them move into your family. Is that the case? Is there any way to lock up your neighbours?
It was always amusing when my evil wizard would imprison the stupid teenage sim passerbys who knocked over his garbage can, only releasing them back into the world when they literally went insane. Having sims move in to a house to keep really seems to take the spice out of it, sort of eliminating the 'against their will' element.
Now all people who post stuff like this feel horrible for being so demonic XD and I do too when I type this. Just let it be known I take great pleasure in creating medieval neighbourhoods where defying the king and slapping his daughter gets you jailed with the bloodhounds, although it's been very satisfying casting fireballs at sims who break into my home.

So back to my base question: does anyone have any ideas on how to imprison sims not belonging to your family/household? Google searches haven't been all that forthcoming. Thank you!
I swear I'm a good person ><
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#2 Old 14th Oct 2016 at 11:43 PM Last edited by Emmett Brown : 17th Oct 2016 at 6:39 PM.
I would just invite them over and then lock the door so they couldn't get out.

But after some update... 1.67 or 1.64, they just started to disappear once they were trapped (if NPCs). I'm not sure why EA changed it so you can't kill sims by walling them off or taking out the pool ladders.
Top Secret Researcher
#3 Old 15th Oct 2016 at 5:58 AM
Once a sim wouldn't leave my property so I built a basement, sent him down there and removed the stairs. No windows, no doors, no escape.

But he was still pissing me off and just woudn't die so I teleported my inventor sim down there and detonated explosions on him.

Good times.

I wouldn't put a lot of effort into getting it transported.
Site Helper
#5 Old 18th Oct 2016 at 9:31 PM
I have patch 1.67, but not most of the EPs. I did accidentally discover that a sim who was invited to stay the night and who wandered into a room that had the secret bookshelf door as the only entrance could not figure out how to open the door from the front (book-filled) side and remained trapped in that room even after announcing they were leaving. (At least until my sim accepted an invitation to a party being held by the trapped sim's wife. My sim showed up at the party, followed a few moments later by the guy who had trapped himself in the basement for 3 days. Unfortunately, the trapped sim promptly died of starvation as soon as he showed up on the lot, which was a real drag on the party.)

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Mad Poster
#6 Old 19th Oct 2016 at 3:41 AM
There are a few important things to remember when setting up your glass enclosed temperature controlled octagonal zoo cages, of course complete with all the comforts of home in each cell, for trapping the selected townsfolk so that you can invite everyone else in town over to gawk at them. One is that sims cannot actually see through glass walls, so fences might be a better idea for at least part of the structure. And then some of the friendlier inmates might wander over to say hello to your visitors. Another is that your visitors are bound to get hungry while staring at your subjects for hours, so some well-placed popcorn and snow cone machines, maybe some Seasons festival booths and picnic tables, are always a good idea. A souvenir/gift shop near the exit would be a nice touch and might provide some extra income to keep things running.

If you expect your subjects to breed, it will work out better if you infuse their slop or whatever you plan to throw them at feeding time with plenty of cinnamon. And finally, your subjects will make lots of noise at night, think somewhat synchronized foot stomping until the wee hours, so it would be wise to place your own sleeping area as far away from them as possible if your sim is not a Heavy Sleeper.

Disclaimer: Of course this won't work. Between EA's own stuck sim checks and that of Overwatch, which I suspect many of you have, your inmates will keep getting reset and magically sent home even if their needs appear to be met. I like the idea of making them all part of the active household though, and then one could use either MasterController or DebugEnabler to make them not selectable (therefore subject to Free Will only, not player commands). Hmm...
Test Subject
#7 Old 23rd Oct 2016 at 5:14 PM
I usually just invite them over and lead them into the garage while the garage door is open and then once they're inside I close the garage door. As far as I know, with the garage door closed and no other means to exit said room, they don't get reset for some odd reason. It's amusing.