Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#76 Old 8th Oct 2008 at 10:33 PM
LadyDragon202, completely uninstall Homecrafter Plus, including manually removing any files left behind after the uninstall. Then reinstall. Then follow the instructions in the Wiki article if it still doesn't work.
http://www.sims2wiki.info/wiki.php?...elp:Homecrafter
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#77 Old 12th Oct 2008 at 7:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by LadyDragon202
i have anyon have problems with the working folder in projects not showing up i get it up but have to temp plates to work with. i am missing the templates folder help

Please follow that link in the post above yours to the Sims 2 Wiki, go to the If All Else Fails section and do those step by step instructions. It is proven to work and solve this problem.

Hi, Please visit me at my MiniSite at TSR:

http://thesimsresource.com/artists/TabbyLou/

All my items/recolors are FREE!
Test Subject
#78 Old 14th Oct 2008 at 8:45 PM
Thank you so much for your help IssaNet and cameronsnan. My Homecrafter works perfectly again.
Test Subject
#79 Old 15th Oct 2008 at 11:24 PM Last edited by SookieSim : 15th Oct 2008 at 11:33 PM.
I have thoroughly read all the posts (not just this one) about homecrafter issues and fixes. I have never had a problem with homecrafter (other than the rgiles floor one) before UNTIL I recently had to do a complete reinstall on my computer for video driver issues. After this reformat/reinstall I could not get homecrafter to work. I have spent the last 3 months attempting every idea posted on this site and others and still was not having any luck. This afternoon my issues were finally solved!!!! I wanted to post this resolution for people with Windows XP who are still suffering issues with Homecrafter Plus.

Step 1. uninstall homecrafter.
Step 2. go to c/programfiles/eagames ---- Manually delete any leftover Homecrafter folder.
Step 3. go to My Documents/EAgames ----Manually delete any leftover Projects folder. (you will want to save any floor/wall files you have there first).
Step 4. go to c/Documents and Settings/All Users/Shared Documents/EAGames/TheSims2 ----Manually delete any leftover homecrafter/project folders located here also.
Step5. go to RegEdit and remove all registry keys that say homecrafter......THIS IS AN IMPORTANT STEP! If like me you don't know how or are uncomfortable messing with regedit seek help from someone (my hubby is network administrator and did mine).
Step 6. REBOOT!
Step 7. Reinstall Homecrafter...BUT DO NOT INSTALL TO DEFAULT LOCATION!!! I selected Advance and simply left the default location path in the install to window. This turned out to be a CRITICAL step for me. Instead of allowing HCP to install to default which turns out to be a combination of MyDocs/EAgames/Projects and C/documents and settings/all users, it forced HCP to install ONLY into the original file path of C/programfiles/eagames and mydocuments/eagames leaving HCP folders out of the whole documentsandsettings/allusers nightmare path.
Step 8. I did replace the exe file with the one to issa found here http://chii.modthesims2.com/getfile.php?file=820985 after doing an advance reinstall. (originally, replacing this exe did NOT solve all my HCP issues. I could get HCP to run and load but it did not acknowledge any .bmp's already in my projects folder or any new ones I made trying to get this whole issue solved. I could not get it to read from the documentsandsettings/allusers nightmare path either and tried all the suggestion posted on that including the read only change etc etc. Nothing worked.)
After replacing the exe I cicked on HCP and held my breathe, but not for long, everything functioned as it did originally.

**EDIT**
I'm not a programmer but I certainly feel that the issue for me (a Windows XP user) turned out to be the triplicate file pathing, adding in the whole c/Documents and Settings/All Users/Shared Documents/EAGames/TheSims2 directory with the orginal 2 caused some serious complications in actually getting HCP to run! While it may solve Vista issues it confuses XP, which I eliminated by choosing Advance Install.
#80 Old 16th Oct 2008 at 4:06 AM
I always Advance Install when available. This may explain why I had fewer issues than you. Thanks for the contribution!

This Space Intentionally Left Blank
Test Subject
#81 Old 9th Nov 2008 at 3:58 AM
I LOVE YOU ISSANET! I have Vista, and it wasn't working at all. Thank you soo much!
Test Subject
#82 Old 11th Nov 2008 at 11:46 PM
guys I have tried everything what I could found here and I still get the error window, but without the word error, jus the x.

I tried the exe file...everything. I still think it's because I have vista home premium.

I'm getting tired of it! now I don't even get to download it at all. a few times I get the install window (to choose your language and sorts) but now that even does'nt show up any more. PLEASE HELP!!
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#83 Old 12th Nov 2008 at 8:27 AM
Will it work if you reboot the PC? You may have to remove some registry files if the computer thinks that the program is already installed. If the program appears on add/remove programs, then uninstall it and reboot. Try everything in this article:
Test Subject
#84 Old 12th Nov 2008 at 1:12 PM
I have done all of that. god this sucks...

I even tried it on my old pc with xp. and guess what. It still does'nt work!

I must be doing something wrong, but I don't know what. I have installed WinRAR could that be it? that you really need winzip?

everyting works...bodyshop works. but homecraft... grrrr
Lab Assistant
#85 Old 13th Nov 2008 at 8:11 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SookieSim
I have thoroughly read all the posts (not just this one) about homecrafter issues and fixes. I have never had a problem with homecrafter (other than the rgiles floor one) before UNTIL I recently had to do a complete reinstall on my computer for video driver issues. After this reformat/reinstall I could not get homecrafter to work. I have spent the last 3 months attempting every idea posted on this site and others and still was not having any luck. This afternoon my issues were finally solved!!!! I wanted to post this resolution for people with Windows XP who are still suffering issues with Homecrafter Plus.

Step 1. uninstall homecrafter.
Step 2. go to c/programfiles/eagames ---- Manually delete any leftover Homecrafter folder.
Step 3. go to My Documents/EAgames ----Manually delete any leftover Projects folder. (you will want to save any floor/wall files you have there first).
Step 4. go to c/Documents and Settings/All Users/Shared Documents/EAGames/TheSims2 ----Manually delete any leftover homecrafter/project folders located here also.
Step5. go to RegEdit and remove all registry keys that say homecrafter......THIS IS AN IMPORTANT STEP! If like me you don't know how or are uncomfortable messing with regedit seek help from someone (my hubby is network administrator and did mine).
Step 6. REBOOT!
Step 7. Reinstall Homecrafter...BUT DO NOT INSTALL TO DEFAULT LOCATION!!! I selected Advance and simply left the default location path in the install to window. This turned out to be a CRITICAL step for me. Instead of allowing HCP to install to default which turns out to be a combination of MyDocs/EAgames/Projects and C/documents and settings/all users, it forced HCP to install ONLY into the original file path of C/programfiles/eagames and mydocuments/eagames leaving HCP folders out of the whole documentsandsettings/allusers nightmare path.
Step 8. I did replace the exe file with the one to issa found here http://chii.modthesims2.com/getfile.php?file=820985 after doing an advance reinstall. (originally, replacing this exe did NOT solve all my HCP issues. I could get HCP to run and load but it did not acknowledge any .bmp's already in my projects folder or any new ones I made trying to get this whole issue solved. I could not get it to read from the documentsandsettings/allusers nightmare path either and tried all the suggestion posted on that including the read only change etc etc. Nothing worked.)
After replacing the exe I cicked on HCP and held my breathe, but not for long, everything functioned as it did originally.

**EDIT**
I'm not a programmer but I certainly feel that the issue for me (a Windows XP user) turned out to be the triplicate file pathing, adding in the whole c/Documents and Settings/All Users/Shared Documents/EAGames/TheSims2 directory with the orginal 2 caused some serious complications in actually getting HCP to run! While it may solve Vista issues it confuses XP, which I eliminated by choosing Advance Install.

Sookiesim! Thank you so much for taking the time to post your solution! I have been pulling my hair out for a month, and finally read far enough through this thread to find your post! Following your steps exactly is the only thing that worked for me in getting Homecrafter to start after some walls and/or floors caused it to crash.
Following in the good-neighbor spirit you have displayed, there's a couple of things I'd like to add.

I'm no programmer either, but I ran regedit.exe and clicked 'Edit>Find', typed in homecrafter and ticked the 'key' box in the 'Look At' portion of the window, found the key containing homecrafter and deleted it.

Also, I used Delphy's Download Organizer to re-group all my floors and walls into a folder which can be easily moved from my downloads before I fire up Homecrafter. This way, any crash-causing culprits are out of the way when I'm ready to make a new wall or floor. When I'm finished playing in Homecrafter, I put the Walls/Floors folder back into my downloads before I fire up my game.

Thank you again so much! Perhaps someone else will find this information useful!
Sesquipedalian Pisciform
retired moderator
#86 Old 13th Nov 2008 at 8:26 PM
I also had a problem with Homecrafter not loading -I am using windows XP. I found the Homecrafter in the program files from the start menu, right mouse click, select run as, choose my user and opens every time.
Lab Assistant
#87 Old 18th Nov 2008 at 1:03 AM
OMG IssaNet...
I was in half-disbelief that this would work for me, But IT DID! And after HOURS of trying soooo many things to fix it... And frustration cuz I'm not smart enough to do stuff with SimPE... I am sooooooo happy my HomeCrafter works again!
Thanks soooo much!
And thanks to Miska for the zip file since I don't have a rar program!
Test Subject
#88 Old 21st Nov 2008 at 12:03 AM
Oh my goodness, that worked perfectly! Thanks SO MUCH!! :D
Test Subject
#89 Old 25th Dec 2008 at 10:54 PM
Thank you Issanet! Your solution worked. =)
Test Subject
#90 Old 1st Jan 2009 at 5:49 PM
@IssaNet: thank you very much. I have vista on my laptop which had no problem running it, but when I install on my gaming pc predator vista 64bit it did not run until now after installing your modified . Thank you again.
Test Subject
#91 Old 4th Jan 2009 at 11:33 PM Last edited by TaraLover : 4th Jan 2009 at 11:35 PM. Reason: I forgot to add something.
I do not understand.
Quote: Originally posted by joshua122203
@IssaNet: thank you very much. I have vista on my laptop which had no problem running it, but when I install on my gaming pc predator vista 64bit it did not run until now after installing your modified . Thank you again.

I don't understand what IssaNet said. I tried it. My dad tried to help me (he's a database administrator- something to do with computers) and he couldn't fix it. And I have a Vista.

~~Rebecca~~
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#92 Old 6th Jan 2009 at 6:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by TaraLover
I don't understand what IssaNet said. I tried it. My dad tried to help me (he's a database administrator- something to do with computers) and he couldn't fix it. And I have a Vista.

Try this, TaraLover:
I could make a joke about database administrators but I won't!
Test Subject
#93 Old 10th Jan 2009 at 10:56 AM
First off, I want to say a very big thank you for whoever originally gave the info to fix this. I recently lost my XP installation to unrecoverable massive corruption, so I had to reinstall everything from scratch. Today I tried to run HomeCrafter for the first time since the reinstalls, to make one wall I need to finish a lot, and wallah, it wouldn't work! Kept crashing, and crashing, and crashing.

Originally I assumed this was the same problem I had before with HomeCrafter sometimes managing to corrupt itself and having to uninstall and reinstall it. So I tried that, and first off, the uninstaller program kept hanging, after it did remove all the files and folders and shortcuts. Secondly, after rebooting and clearing out the prefetch directory and reinstalling and doing everything I could think of, it STILL would not run.

Then I turned to Google, and found this thread. Sure enough, when I checked my file date it said 12/13/04. I did try the Run as... suggestion as well, and it booted up, but did NOT go to the right folder, because it did not see any of my already installed CC.

Since I keep old downloads archived because I've had to dig them out more than once, I went digging, and found a HomeCrafter installation file that was dated June 2006. Tried installing from that one, and wallah, everything is now fine again. The file date on the .exe in this one is 1/11/06.

The XP installation I lost, HomeCrafter had been working perfectly fine, and was only 2-3 months old, installed last summer or so. But I probably used one of my old installation file downloads to put it in. This time, because of massive data corruption on my hard drive, I wanted to make sure the file was fine and redownloaded from EA and installed that one, so apparently that's where the problem snuck in.

The first thing that popped into my mind after installing successfully from the old installer file was to share it because of those here who have expressed confusion on being able to follow the method explained here, but with the 8 MB file size I don't have anywhere I can upload a file that big. =/
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#94 Old 10th Jan 2009 at 2:20 PM
Thanks Meadow9259- we already have a copy of the older Homecrafter executable uploaded to the MTS2 servers:
However if the version you have is a different one to that, I could upload it as well, as an alternative- it may help a few people who are saying that Issanet's file doesn't work for them. All you'd have to do is to upload the exe to a file host, like Mediafire or 4Shared, and PM me the link. Then I can test it and upload it to the database.
Lab Assistant
#95 Old 1st Feb 2009 at 12:07 AM
What do you do if you have no 'HC bin'?
Top Secret Researcher
#96 Old 1st Feb 2009 at 4:52 AM
Default Finally!!!
Quote: Originally posted by cameronsnan
Huge thanks to Issanet! :D

Edit by simsample:

After spending HOURS upon HOURS browsing the web, trying to find a remedy to my problem, it turns out, I had to right-click on the shortcut, choose Run as... and select CURRENT USER/protect my computer and then next thing you know, I can use it!!!
I was gonna run it as the current user at first, but i saw the As... part and thought, "I think I might mess it up..." so yeah.
Thanks to the person who brought that up!

ENTJ
Lab Assistant
#97 Old 2nd Feb 2009 at 7:16 PM
Help. I've followed all the directions read above, and HC is now showing in it's proper place and even loads, but there is no 'projects' folder thus no templates and nowhere to stick my walls and floors.
Test Subject
#98 Old 3rd Feb 2009 at 2:46 AM
Oh My Gosh!!
Quote: Originally posted by miska
Everyone . . .

After the previous post I tried something that I recalled reading while looking for answers to the Homecrafter problem yesterday.

When executing the program from the Windows Start menu (via the shortcut) rather than just left-clicking on it and executing 'normally', right-click on the short cut and select RunAs. Doing this will bring up a box that asks which user you want to run the program as/under. Just check to make sure your Windows UserName is selected (it should be by default) and click the 'OK' button. When I did this Homecrafter loaded quickly/ appeared before my eyes. How strange, but it worked!

It seems that Homecrafter now will only run under the default Administrator account, and not just an account with Administrative Rights. I don't run in default Administrator mode (as I keep that account for pure troubleshooting) and just use the account that I set up initially when installing Windows which by default has Administrative Rights.

Hope this Helps!

~*~ Miska ~*~

Thanks Miska!
When i tried this, it worked. i was soooo excited i fell off my chair! i had been having trouble with getting HOmeCrafter to work for ages, and now it works fine!
Test Subject
#99 Old 8th Feb 2009 at 10:06 PM
Easy as pie my friend i was having issues of saving content, I deleted the original folders containing the HCP, then downloaded and installed the new HCP, opened the HCBin folder copied and pasted the new HCP file in there and deleted the old one and started it up, like a dream now I can load my stuff up. This deal also corrects the issues of the HCP refusing to save items by saying "You do not have enough disk space to export selected textures"
Thanks so very much for this download!!
Test Subject
#100 Old 20th Feb 2009 at 6:33 PM
Many, many thanks to IssaNet.
Page 4 of 6