Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 16th Jun 2009 at 11:36 PM Last edited by LazerFish : 17th Jun 2009 at 2:35 AM.
Default Feedback on these patterns?
I have created some patterns in Photoshop, I like them, but they aren't exactly the highest quality (no vector), and I don't know if anyone else would be interested:

My favorite would probably be the misfits t-shirt pattern. It's a bit smaller than on an actual misfits shirt, but it's easy to get used to. The skull, words, and shirt are all recolorable.

If it were a little higher quality, my favorite would be the Gonzo shirt, though:

The background, fist, button, and sword/words are all recolorable, with the outline of the design staying black.
I've also made a pretty good Star Trek com badge:

It looks great on the shirt w/ recolorable shoulders, the only problem is that it is also shown on the backside of all the shirts
I've also made a couple of seamless patterns:

The riddler style pattern has a recolorable background and 3 sets of recolorable question marks (to make Matthew Lesko style suits :D), and the anarchy pattern has only 2 recolorable areas.
I've attached them all in a rar, if you want them, I might upload them to the main site if enough people like them. If you would like to make higher quality vector versions of any of these, please do Feel free to redistribute as you see fit. Or you can not like them, as well :D

edit: you can find the tiles in "Themes", the two shirts in "Misc" and the Com Badge in "Fabrics" (I think that was an accident on my part)
Attached files:
File Type: rar  lzr_patterns.rar (45.4 KB, 24 downloads) - View custom content
Description: Download

If you can't beat them, arrange to have them beaten.
George Carlin
Advertisement
Eminence Grise
#2 Old 17th Jun 2009 at 12:26 AM
Not my type of thing... don't like real world pop culture logos in my sims game :/ Especially if the contain English text. I'm sure a lot of folks will like these though

If you're going for realism, one suggestion... use slightly duller, less saturated colors (move towards the middle of the color wheel), and consider introducing a lil light noise to your background layer. T shirts are usually cotton and they fade quickly. The texture on the pants in your screens should give you an idea of how fabrics look when they've been washed a couple of times.
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#3 Old 17th Jun 2009 at 12:30 AM
There's a tool coming out -very- soon that will allow you to put these as emblems just on particular shirts, and only on the front. I'd hold off releasing the Misfits, Comm badge, etc. till it's out.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 17th Jun 2009 at 1:30 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Srikandi
If you're going for realism, one suggestion... use slightly duller, less saturated colors (move towards the middle of the color wheel), and consider introducing a lil light noise to your background layer. T shirts are usually cotton and they fade quickly. The texture on the pants in your screens should give you an idea of how fabrics look when they've been washed a couple of times.
Yeah, I've noticed that the shirts need textured more, and the colors are oversaturated, when I release the final version they'll be changed

Quote: Originally posted by HystericalParoxysm
There's a tool coming out -very- soon that will allow you to put these as emblems just on particular shirts, and only on the front. I'd hold off releasing the Misfits, Comm badge, etc. till it's out.

Awesome, I can't wait! The Misfits one is ok as it is (a lot of their shirts are front/back), but the Com Badge really needs to be on just the front. I have around 10 different ones from the different series of trek that I will probably release as a group :D

George Carlin
Test Subject
#5 Old 17th Jun 2009 at 7:30 PM
Default looks great!
I think the patterns look great, you do lovely work!
Blessings,
PuterWitch

Quote: Originally posted by LazerFish
I have created some patterns in Photoshop, I like them, but they aren't exactly the highest quality (no vector), and I don't know if anyone else would be interested:

My favorite would probably be the misfits t-shirt pattern. It's a bit smaller than on an actual misfits shirt, but it's easy to get used to. The skull, words, and shirt are all recolorable.

If it were a little higher quality, my favorite would be the Gonzo shirt, though:

The background, fist, button, and sword/words are all recolorable, with the outline of the design staying black.
I've also made a pretty good Star Trek com badge:

It looks great on the shirt w/ recolorable shoulders, the only problem is that it is also shown on the backside of all the shirts
I've also made a couple of seamless patterns:

The riddler style pattern has a recolorable background and 3 sets of recolorable question marks (to make Matthew Lesko style suits :D), and the anarchy pattern has only 2 recolorable areas.
I've attached them all in a rar, if you want them, I might upload them to the main site if enough people like them. If you would like to make higher quality vector versions of any of these, please do Feel free to redistribute as you see fit. Or you can not like them, as well :D

edit: you can find the tiles in "Themes", the two shirts in "Misc" and the Com Badge in "Fabrics" (I think that was an accident on my part)
Eminence Grise
#6 Old 18th Jun 2009 at 5:41 AM
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 20th Jun 2009 at 1:57 AM Last edited by LazerFish : 21st Jun 2009 at 12:16 AM.
Here is a report on my progress:

The shoulders, undershirt, and main part of the shirt (minus the badge & collar pips) are all recolorable.The collar looks a little jagged, but in motion it's not that noticable. Any comments/critiques/ you may have would be appreciated.

I've learned a bit about the editor now and I'm going to remake the shirts I've already made so that they will be recolorable, which is why there haven't been any releases from me yet. Fear not, they are coming :D

George Carlin
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 21st Jun 2009 at 8:05 AM
That looks great. I really want that shirt for my sims. Any chance you will do the Original Star Trek badges as well?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#9 Old 21st Jun 2009 at 9:59 AM
Yes, actually, I plan to make TOS, TNG, and maybe one with alternate reality com badges It will probably take me a week or so, though, I don't have a lot of time each day to work on them. I uploaded the one in the pic to the site, but I still have to do some editing to be approved (not much, this one should be released later today/tomorrow

George Carlin