Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 8th Oct 2013 at 12:39 PM
Default UV Mapping Woes: Sleeved outfits hate being unsleeved.

The resulting outfit is untextured at the shoulders (like a badly torn outfit from the top), has a clothing texture in the inner right arm just below the armpit and has a brown shoe print wrapped around the right shoulder. I would take screenies of the problem, but a) I pretty much described in detail and b) I'm through with that mod, until I can find a way to get around this.

Any ideas? The clothes used in all the UV Mapping textures were never mapped in a way that would get in the way of biceps and such. Thank you, terrible EAxis mappers!

EDIT: And yes, that solitary black bar right below the shoe soles present in the first half is a sleeve.

2nd EDIT: Also note that the problematic jacket flap is placed in a way that makes it hard to impossible to move without altering/ruining the back flap in some way.
Screenshots
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 8th Oct 2013 at 1:08 PM
I don't think that's an issue you'd be able to get around without remapping the mesh. Maybe try moving the overlapping parts of the texture around so they aren't overlapping, and adjusting the UV map to match? I remember having similar issues like that before, and moving parts around on the texture and map usually worked for me.

my tumblr - sim pics and downloads
my dreamwidth - ts2 downloads
linkdecrypter - bypass adfly and other harmful pay per click download link hiders
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 8th Oct 2013 at 2:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Legislacerator
I don't think that's an issue you'd be able to get around without remapping the mesh. Maybe try moving the overlapping parts of the texture around so they aren't overlapping, and adjusting the UV map to match? I remember having similar issues like that before, and moving parts around on the texture and map usually worked for me.

Is there a good remapping tutorial? Because when I press "remap" in Milkshape Texture Coordinator, it remaps back to whole body view....
Sockpuppet
#4 Old 8th Oct 2013 at 6:26 PM
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#5 Old 10th Oct 2013 at 9:01 AM
Quote: Originally posted by BloomsBase
http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=145153

Ty, I will read through this tutorial.