Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 13th Jun 2014 at 12:26 PM Last edited by simperatrix : 13th Jun 2014 at 1:51 PM.
Default How do I make my Klepto stop stealing from his own house?
I've done a search but didn't find the answer. Perhaps you could help me. I'm playing Maximus McDermott from Riverview. He is a Klepto Sim in this game, but the problem is that he keeps stealing things from his own house. Is there a way to stop him from swiping his own stuff??

Thanks.

Back to Sims after a 2-year hiatus!

Blogs, to be resurrected once I get a new graphics card load TS3 on my new computer:
STEALIE NICKS Klepto King Challenge (updated 9/16/14)
THE HOUSE OF MOODICI (the Altos' Renaissance in Riverview)

my EA forums page
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 13th Jun 2014 at 4:34 PM
Change his traits?
One Minute Ninja'd
#3 Old 14th Jun 2014 at 1:15 AM
Quote: Originally posted by simperatrix
I've done a search but didn't find the answer. Perhaps you could help me. I'm playing Maximus McDermott from Riverview. He is a Klepto Sim in this game, but the problem is that he keeps stealing things from his own house. Is there a way to stop him from swiping his own stuff??

Thanks.

You could just have him mail the stuff back to himself. Although that would probably be redundant as they're already in the family inventory when he swiped them. As long as you don't sell the stuff off, you just have to put it back from inventory, and think of it more like an eccentric trait, stealing from oneself. At least no harm comes to others, and it makes your sim happy.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 14th Jun 2014 at 4:26 AM
Quote: Originally posted by eskie227
You could just have him mail the stuff back to himself. Although that would probably be redundant as they're already in the family inventory when he swiped them. As long as you don't sell the stuff off, you just have to put it back from inventory, and think of it more like an eccentric trait, stealing from oneself. At least no harm comes to others, and it makes your sim happy.

*Sigh* I guess. It's just a pity that he's using up his chances to Swipe Something, and his family could really use that extra loot. Plus I was thinking of decorating his house only with items he'd stolen, just to see how wacky it got.

Hmm, I wonder whether the item depreciates when he swipes it. If it does then his family's getting even poorer!

The other day, I was confused because everyone in the family had terrible Bladder bars. Then I realized that he had swiped their only toilet! Brilliant, Maximus, just brilliant.

I'll just deal with it. Thanks for the replies

Back to Sims after a 2-year hiatus!

Blogs, to be resurrected once I get a new graphics card load TS3 on my new computer:
STEALIE NICKS Klepto King Challenge (updated 9/16/14)
THE HOUSE OF MOODICI (the Altos' Renaissance in Riverview)

my EA forums page
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#5 Old 14th Jun 2014 at 11:17 AM
I cannot say that I have ever seen any of my klepto Sims steal in their own home. I have three dedicated kleptomaniacs and one of them has his whole house furnished with "borrowed" stuff but never has he swiped anything on his home lot. Are you sure that this is not a mod issue?
Test Subject
#6 Old 15th Jun 2014 at 3:24 AM
Quote: Originally posted by simperatrix

Thanks.

Okay... Let's just make sure he doesn't come in my Sims' homes and steals.
Anyway, try to evict them from the house in Edit Town, and move them back in. Maybe that will help.
Test Subject
#7 Old 15th Jun 2014 at 10:57 PM
Wow that's kinda funny.. I made a family full of klepto's and they've never stolen from their own home o.o haha