Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 24th Sep 2014 at 4:38 AM
Default Goofy things that happen in your game?
I had my bard performing a play today. Just before the play started a random townsfolk wandered onto the stage. I believe he had the unkempt trait because all during the play, he stood right next to my bard, burping and farting along with the action. He looked like a third actor onstage and his bodily functions almost seemed to be reactions to the simlish speeches and gestures. After the play, he wandered off the stage and ended up puking on the ground and passing out on the floor.

This reminded me of a time a few days earlier I was doing the Big Wedding quest. I had everything lined up to finish.. but I realized I forgot to actually have the bride ask the NPC groom to marry her. So right before the wedding she asked and he refused! This caused a massive relationship and mood tank. I tried to fix it, but it just got worse each time and the quest meter went from platinum to gold. So I quit without saving. I almost got to the end again and I realized the maid of honor forgot to learn feast ale. So she had to run all the way to the village, read the book, fake make it in the tavern so I could remember the ingredients and then go back to the village to buy them.. then FINALLY run back to the wedding. The quest timer started scolding me. Luckily the bride and groom didn't notice that the maid of honor was off running around the village. They were trying so hard to get married. They had the usual route failure that happens several times.. then several times the wedding was interrupted because the groom had the bloodthirsty trait and kept getting into duels and fistfights with the guests. At one point, I made the bride sneak into the spy's room to take a nap and get a bite to eat so she could survive her own wedding. I managed to finish platinum.. just barely. Quest meter was very angry at my sims and punished them harshly.

I also love generic sims Medieval wackiness, like fights breaking out during church sermons right in front of the pulpit or watching the big burly enforcer start crying and get a big warm hug and some comforting from a prisoner he let out of the stocks shortly before.

Anyone else have great sims medieval tales to tell?
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 26th Sep 2014 at 2:10 PM
In one of my towns, I finally figured out that a lot of the townspeople who participated in quests were invisible. no idea why. the other visible townspeople would talk to them and stuff but they were not visible to me. totally weird. and i could not interact with them for the quest so i had to cheat to get to through the quest.
Scholar
Original Poster
#3 Old 1st Oct 2014 at 2:23 PM Last edited by kewpie : 7th Oct 2014 at 2:21 PM.
I just started up a new quest and found my wizard in the stocks. I thought it was part of the quest, but it wasn't. For whatever reason, the constable had locked up my wizard right before I started this quest. If it were the spy, I'd understand. I still wonder what the wizard did.

Figured it out: Wizard was Peteran and tore down the Jacoban proclamation of the day.