Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#301 Old 27th Feb 2008 at 3:04 AM
OK, here's the wages for the top job in the new careers

Oceanographer- Hand of Poseidon, $3970, 3 days
Architect- City Planner, $2300, 4 days
Intelligence- Head of SCIA, $3750, 4 days
Entertainment- Prestidigitator, $3105, 4 days
Dance- World Class Ballet Dancer, $2950, 3 days

Be back soon with the unlocks
Advertisement
Alchemist
#302 Old 27th Feb 2008 at 3:14 AM
Finally got to give it a play. it was a little ho-hum at first but as I began to see all the features developing I became quite infatuated. This pack adds a whole new element to the game and makes Sims behave much more believably. No crashes or glitches so far. Except I can't seem to turn game tips off??
Anyway, I'm really excited to play it again for an extended period of time. I'm excited to build my current Sim's personalities up and beyond anything I could have envisioned before.
Mad Poster
#303 Old 27th Feb 2008 at 3:21 AM
Wow, could this finally be a near-bug-free EP? LOL Sounds like it's the least buggy EP which is wonderful! Maybe after that whole BV fiasco the team realized they needed to be extra careful.
Alchemist
#304 Old 27th Feb 2008 at 3:29 AM
Remember Frankie, Bim said they were too busy working on Patches to worry about if there'll be another EP. lol. I guess they patched this one before it even came out!
Mad Poster
#305 Old 27th Feb 2008 at 3:32 AM
True, lol.
Alchemist
#306 Old 27th Feb 2008 at 3:34 AM
We are ruthless aren't we? Poor Bim. lol.
Mad Poster
#307 Old 27th Feb 2008 at 3:40 AM
You have a lot with 19 kids in it??? Whoa! Talk about challenge, lol!
Inventor
#308 Old 27th Feb 2008 at 3:40 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Faithlove13xxx
Im kinda excited
I have an orphanage with 19 kids.
I can't wait to see them all develop these hobbies.

My computer would explode....
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#309 Old 27th Feb 2008 at 3:43 AM
Quote: Originally posted by FurryPanda
No, what I wanted to know is not what you can unlock, but when. And what the title is at each level. So basicaly raise any one hobby a level (looks like all the titles are the same), take down title. Also take down if an unlockable becomes selectable, filled in, whatever. Thats what I wanted to know.
Thank you so much!

The titles for each hobby change at level 2, 5,8 and 10.
Nature- LeafPicker, Hugger of Trees, Force of Nature, Elemental
Science- Baby Biologist, Telescope Whisperer, Discoverer of Galaxies, Some Kind of Einstein
Cuisine- Tasty Appetiser, Talented Palate, Delicious Dish, Master Chef
Film and Lit- Regular Reader, Book Club President, Movie Maven, Media Mogul
Music and Dance- Foot Tapper, Rhythm Junkie, Groovemaster, One with the Beat
Sport- Backyard Athlete, Stadium Sitter, Season Ticket Holder, Number One Fan
Games- Casual Gamer, Weekend Warrior, Hand-Eye Co-Ordinator, Gaming Guru
Tinkering- Fixer Upper, Eager Engineer, Talented Tinkerer, Master of Machines
Art and Craft- Finger Painter, Crafty Creator, Modern Artist, Creative Champion
Fitness- Workout Buddy, Trim and Toned, Fit as a Fiddle, Leader of the Pec

Rather than typing each unlock level seperately, I'll cheat a bit (See the pics above for the unlocks on each hobby)

Cuisine, Science and Nature each have 10 unlocks so they're unlocked at each level.

Sport, Tinkering, Games and Music and Dance each have 7 unlocks and they're unlocked at 1, 2, 4, 6, 7, 9 and 10

Film and Lit has unlocks at 1, 2, 3, 4, 6, 7, 9 and 10

Art and Craft has unlocks at 1, 2, 4, 6, 7 and 10

Fitness has unlocks at everything but level 8.

I hope that make sense :S
Test Subject
#310 Old 27th Feb 2008 at 4:17 AM
If I may butt in here, I dont have the game yet but I do have the strategy guide, I see a few people have asked about the weekly aspiration goal, I wanted up offer up what the strategy guide says on this subject.

"At the start of every hour, points are added to lifetime aspiration score based on the sim's daily aspiration score level at that moment. How much your sims gain or lose at the start of each hour varies for sims of different ages"

From the chart it shows in book, it looks as the younger they are the more it adds, and eldest adds the least. whether its platinum or very low red. but red deducts points, but same aspect from more to less according to age.

"At the end of each week, your sim's daily aspiration score is measured and that amount causes a change in your sim's need decay rate. High daily aspiration score will cause the rate to slow and the lower score will cause it to accelerate (though never faster than it would decay normally). Note: The week we're talking about here won't necessarily jibe with a saturday or a sunday or whatever you generally think of as the "end" of a week. The weekly change in need decay occurs every seven days after a sim is created (in which case would be Monday) or from the last age transition. Because you can age transion a sim a day or so earlier then scheduled, this can offset the exact timing of the next "week" for daily aspiration score purposes."
#311 Old 27th Feb 2008 at 4:20 AM
Hehe... Free Time just arrived at my Office. luckily I'm working right now or else...
For those who are curious, Free Time was available since yesterday in Malaysia. I just got mine a day late since I'm too lazy to go to the store to pick it up.
Forum Resident
#312 Old 27th Feb 2008 at 5:05 AM
i have a family with 14 kids all girls be nice too see what the expansion will do for them
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#313 Old 27th Feb 2008 at 5:31 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Thunderesss
If I may butt in here, I dont have the game yet but I do have the strategy guide, I see a few people have asked about the weekly aspiration goal, I wanted up offer up what the strategy guide says on this subject.

"At the start of every hour, points are added to lifetime aspiration score based on the sim's daily aspiration score level at that moment. How much your sims gain or lose at the start of each hour varies for sims of different ages"

From the chart it shows in book, it looks as the younger they are the more it adds, and eldest adds the least. whether its platinum or very low red. but red deducts points, but same aspect from more to less according to age.

"At the end of each week, your sim's daily aspiration score is measured and that amount causes a change in your sim's need decay rate. High daily aspiration score will cause the rate to slow and the lower score will cause it to accelerate (though never faster than it would decay normally). Note: The week we're talking about here won't necessarily jibe with a saturday or a sunday or whatever you generally think of as the "end" of a week. The weekly change in need decay occurs every seven days after a sim is created (in which case would be Monday) or from the last age transition. Because you can age transion a sim a day or so earlier then scheduled, this can offset the exact timing of the next "week" for daily aspiration score purposes."

Thanks for the info Thunderesss. Does it say anything about a pop up, maybe saying if you're going to get slower or faster decay rates?
Test Subject
#314 Old 27th Feb 2008 at 6:00 AM
Quote: Originally posted by FrootLoop
Thanks for the info Thunderesss. Does it say anything about a pop up, maybe saying if you're going to get slower or faster decay rates?

am glad to have been able to help =D

you will get on of these messages that pops up at the end of the week...

Platinum: Booyeah! This week was amazing. Let's make next week more of the same.
Gold: What a good week its been! I hope I can keep this up.
Green: Its been a so-so week. I want to make this week better.
Low Red: It hasnt been the greatest week. Hopefully, things will turn around for me this week.
Lower Red: This past week has been terrible. I only hope I can break out of this rut.
#315 Old 27th Feb 2008 at 6:39 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Thunderesss

aaa that seems like it would make the game less fun.
Top Secret Researcher
#316 Old 27th Feb 2008 at 7:33 AM
Ohh ooh, I want to know if Pay all Bills works! I forgot to ask that question. If they broke Pay all Bills again :mob

Quote: Originally posted by leos_pride
Ok..pwah..its taken me a long time, but i have them...
go from top left to right. then bottom left to right. (they are in order. This goes for all of them. Some are repeated a few times. If you want to know, msg back. I have it written down. Other wise enjoy.)
Intelligence.

Oceanography

Dance

Entertainment

Architecture

(if i have missed one, let me know. Sorry the pics aren't all that clear. I have NO idea how use photoshop and had to use paint.)

Sheesh. I hope someone makes default replacements of the Intellegence career clothes. Most of them are stuff from Base Game.

The oceanographer... ... oogly. I thought oceanographers wore the whole shebang, like gloves with their wetsuits I meant. The last one is extracted from OFB.

Entertainment isn't so bad.

And the architecture career, only one new piece of clothing, unfortunately. First one is from the adventurer career, and the second one looks like something from the base game.

Lab Assistant
#317 Old 27th Feb 2008 at 7:48 AM
yeah i noticed that when i was taking pics.. Guess they didn't feel like getting creative with them.
and "pay all bills" works for me

my stories:
Something Lost
Top Secret Researcher
#318 Old 27th Feb 2008 at 8:24 AM
Oh that's a relief. I have another question, I hope you have OFB. Does the "Assign..." option work on the craft tables?

Test Subject
#319 Old 27th Feb 2008 at 8:44 AM
I'm loving the additions to writing a novel, you get to pick story elements, covers, the title, and description, and as my girl got the usual you finished have some money phone call a delivery guy pulled up and dropped of the finished copy. So then you get to read your book, and discuss it with others. Then she put it away and it was available to read in all the bookcases on the lot (not sure if it'll extend to all lots or just that one) under 'Read novel'. It said the title and the author, and the discuss options were there too. I do think discuss was added because she unlocked 'be in book club' but I'm not totally sure.

It was neat to spend all that time and then have something real to show for it. I hope that at some point adding custom covers will be possible, seems like something modders could work out.
Theorist
#320 Old 27th Feb 2008 at 11:16 AM
So, is there actually any birds flying in bird watching (like in the initial screenshot) or just the sims looking through the binoculars?
Mad Poster
#321 Old 27th Feb 2008 at 11:24 AM
Quote: Originally posted by treeag
So, is there actually any birds flying in bird watching (like in the initial screenshot) or just the sims looking through the binoculars?

Apparently there are already flying birds in game, from the neighbourhood effects catalogue, and they can be seen from inlot view, but you need some awsome graphics cards to be able to actually see them. I'm so hoping those are not the birds we've seen in the preview pics because I've never seen them myself and I was aslo hoping maybe we could get to see birds landing in the parks or maybe feeding them.
#322 Old 27th Feb 2008 at 11:31 AM
ty a lot for the screenies of the job clothes
i'm still waiting for someone to tell me what's the new reticulating splines string(when you start the game, there will be a set of about 6 phrases, and one of them will have something to do with reticulated splines; if you can tell me what does it say, i will be very tnankfull )
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#323 Old 27th Feb 2008 at 11:34 AM
Quote: Originally posted by aajolie
I'm loving the additions to writing a novel, you get to pick story elements, covers, the title, and description, and as my girl got the usual you finished have some money phone call a delivery guy pulled up and dropped of the finished copy. So then you get to read your book, and discuss it with others. Then she put it away and it was available to read in all the bookcases on the lot (not sure if it'll extend to all lots or just that one) under 'Read novel'. It said the title and the author, and the discuss options were there too. I do think discuss was added because she unlocked 'be in book club' but I'm not totally sure.

It was neat to spend all that time and then have something real to show for it. I hope that at some point adding custom covers will be possible, seems like something modders could work out.

So do the options only come up after you sit down to write the novel? I just clicked on the computer and couldn't see any extra options so I just thought it must be the same. Ooops!
Test Subject
#324 Old 27th Feb 2008 at 11:35 AM
Bookworm: I opened it up just for you. xD

'Reticulating Splines in the Zone'
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#325 Old 27th Feb 2008 at 11:38 AM
Quote: Originally posted by bookworm_duo
ty a lot for the screenies of the job clothes
i'm still waiting for someone to tell me what's the new reticulating splines string(when you start the game, there will be a set of about 6 phrases, and one of them will have something to do with reticulated splines; if you can tell me what does it say, i will be very tnankfull )

Oh, I thought I'd posted that earlier. I wrote it down...let me see if I can find it.

Factoring Hobby Enthusiasm
Claculating Lifetime Aspirations
Predicating Predestined Paths
Populating Yard with Bugs and Birds
Writing Scrolling Startup String Text
Reticulating Splines in the Zone
Recruiting Snooty Food Judges
Breaking Down Restorable Cars
Threading Sewing Needles

Page 13 of 18