Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 25th Feb 2012 at 3:27 PM
Default Help reinstalling clean installer
Hi,

So I got the known issue "please uninstall old version of Clean Installer before proceeding" but I made a big mistake and I don't know how to fix it. I thought that by deleting the folder in the recycle bin would uninstall it, but apparently it is still installed but my computer cannot locate the exe file ( obviously because I just deleted it in the recycle bin which I then emptied ), everytime I try to find it.I don't know what to do now, to make sure that it is properly uninstalled before reinstalling, and I really really wish I could fix this so I can use it again. please tell me what to do to fix this problem!!! T_T I have Windows 7 if that helps, and I'm not technologically savy.

Thank you if you are still reading, and I hope someone can help me fix this..if at all. TT
Advertisement
Site Helper
#2 Old 25th Feb 2012 at 4:44 PM Last edited by Mootilda : 25th Feb 2012 at 5:16 PM.
Please do not post the same problem in multiple places. Let's stick to this thread.

Never uninstall an installed program by deleting the folder. You are only making problems for yourself, since you will need to clean the registry by hand and editing the registry is always dangerous.

Here is the solution:
http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=217787