Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 24th Dec 2016 at 7:56 AM Last edited by Liz : 27th Dec 2016 at 8:01 AM.
Default Removing Custom Star from Recolours
No idea if this is the right forum (I promise I did a Search before I posted, though!). I'm attempting to fix some rosebush recolours I did a while back that were all blue-flashy in the snow. I finally wrapped my head around this tutorial -- http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=572634 -- enough to try it. Good news? Yay!! My recolour gets snowy in the snow!! Bad news? The actual rosebush in the catalog now bears the custom-content asterisk, and all the original colours line up like they're recolours of mine.

Is there a way to remove this star or remind the item which file is actually the boss? Or am I better just making a standalone bush in order to keep the star from leading anyone to muck up their game files by deleting the rosebush?

EDIT // I ended up making a stand-alone clone for the recolours. If anyone has a suggestion for a better way to go next time, I'd still be very interested to hear it. Thanks for reading! ^_^