Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 11th Feb 2017 at 2:48 PM
Default Allowing Neutral Witches to Create Good/Bad Witch Objects?
Hi there,

I've finally had enough with the fact that Neutral Witches can't make any witchy objects except the Little Miss Wendalyn Sculpture. I've had a look around for mods to change this but I can't find anything, so I want to try and edit this myself. I have Sim PE and have found the Throne of Light, but I've got no idea where to go beyond that. If anyone could point me in the right direction, that would be great

Thanks for any help I get
Advertisement
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 11th Feb 2017 at 10:25 PM
Quote: Originally posted by HugeLunatic
Either bhavs, bcons, or str probably control what they can make.

Thanks I'm having a look at BHAVs and seeing what I can do with them now
Field Researcher
#4 Old 11th Feb 2017 at 11:49 PM
Within the cauldron creation BHAVS (Group 0x7FB62949), there is reference to a called tree "CT-Can Make?" (There's about 2 dozen BHAVs with that name- probably one for each reagent, potion and craftable object). That's where it checks for skill and alignment to get you started.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 12th Feb 2017 at 12:42 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Neder
Within the cauldron creation BHAVS (Group 0x7FB62949), there is reference to a called tree "CT-Can Make?" (There's about 2 dozen BHAVs with that name- probably one for each reagent, potion and craftable object). That's where it checks for skill and alignment to get you started.

Thanks I've just had a look through all the information on the cauldrons and not much of it was making sense to me; I've just done a quick tutorial on BHAVs so I know a little bit. I'll have a more in-depth look tomorrow and see if I can figure anything more out. If I did manage to modify this, would I need to make a new GUID as a copy of the object, or would a new GUID prevent my changes from being applied to any true cauldron ( as opposed to a custom, "copy" cauldron)?
Scholar
#6 Old 12th Feb 2017 at 3:33 AM
GUID? Why would you clone the object anyway? You just extract the BHAVs you want to from game files and import to a new package file. At least that’s what I’d do, correct me if I’m wrong.

“Secret is only a secret when it is unspoken to another.”
Simblr
My profile on the official forums
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 12th Feb 2017 at 1:58 PM Last edited by FluttershyOwl : 12th Feb 2017 at 3:29 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Voeille
GUID? Why would you clone the object anyway? You just extract the BHAVs you want to from game files and import to a new package file. At least that’s what I’d do, correct me if I’m wrong.

I'm not brilliant with Sim PE, I picked it up a couple of months ago so I could make some custom majors for my game, so when I do anything with an object I usually have to clone it first (open Object Workshop, find item, hit clone, create the package) and I don't know about other ways XD
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#8 Old 12th Feb 2017 at 3:16 PM
You can just untick the "Set Custom Group ID" box and that will (generally) give the unedited resources, which you can use it override the original. In this case, though, I don't think the BHAVs you need to edit will be in the object files anyway; you'll want to import them using Object Tools -> Import Semi-Globals, or just by opening up the objects.package and hunting down the resources you need by name.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#9 Old 12th Feb 2017 at 3:40 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Nysha
You can just untick the "Set Custom Group ID" box and that will (generally) give the unedited resources, which you can use it override the original. In this case, though, I don't think the BHAVs you need to edit will be in the object files anyway; you'll want to import them using Object Tools -> Import Semi-Globals, or just by opening up the objects.package and hunting down the resources you need by name.

Just having a look in the WitchGlobals now, can't see very much in there to do with controlling what witches can make what. Its a real shame there isn't more information out there about the WitchGlobals and how to modify them; I'm really surprised there isn't already a mod that allows neutral witches to do more then they could already.
Mad Poster
#10 Old 12th Feb 2017 at 4:37 PM
Before founding out, I speculated neutral witches/warlocks could. Welp... I'll guess I'll have to create bad and good witches, have 'em brew it and put it on sale at the magic shop which they'll about get ownership over.
Field Researcher
#11 Old 12th Feb 2017 at 5:22 PM
Quote: Originally posted by FluttershyOwl
Just having a look in the WitchGlobals now, can't see very much in there to do with controlling what witches can make what. Its a real shame there isn't more information out there about the WitchGlobals and how to modify them; I'm really surprised there isn't already a mod that allows neutral witches to do more then they could already.

The Lights and Thrones crafting isn't controlled by TEST BHAVs in the cauldron pie menu, instead relies on "add/Change the action string" primitive called from the BHAVs "Build Menu - Witch Light Sources" and "Build Menu - Thrones" in group 0x7fB62949. These use the called trees "CT- Can Make?" as tests for alignment and magic skill to provide the appropriate menu options to the cauldron.
A quick and dirty fix would be to extract these "CT- Can Make?" BHAVs and bypass the line that checks for the alignment (some already don't use it).
The drawback would be that Good witches could make Evil items and vice-versa (hence, quick and dirty).
But the alignment information appears to be stored on an inventory token (seen in witch global "CT - Get Alignment") and passed to these test BHAVs as a parameter, and I've never been good at mucking with those.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#12 Old 12th Feb 2017 at 8:44 PM Last edited by FluttershyOwl : 12th Feb 2017 at 9:07 PM.
The Lights and Thrones crafting isn't controlled by TEST BHAVs in the cauldron pie menu, instead relies on "add/Change the action string" primitive called from the BHAVs "Build Menu - Witch Light Sources" and "Build Menu - Thrones" in group 0x7fB62949. These use the called trees "CT- Can Make?" as tests for alignment and magic skill to provide the appropriate menu options to the cauldron.
A quick and dirty fix would be to extract these "CT- Can Make?" BHAVs and bypass the line that checks for the alignment (some already don't use it).
The drawback would be that Good witches could make Evil items and vice-versa (hence, quick and dirty).
But the alignment information appears to be stored on an inventory token (seen in witch global "CT - Get Alignment") and passed to these test BHAVs as a parameter, and I've never been good at mucking with those.

Ok, I've been rummaging around a bit more and have managed to extract the Light Sources and Thrones BHAVs, but I can't find to original "CT -Can Make" BHAV. I can see the Thrones and Light Sources pointing to it, I just don't know where that original BHAV is. Do I necessarily need the "Can Make" BHAV, or will the Thrones and Light Sources BHAV files do? Also, what will I need to do to them to change who can make what? Sorry for all the questions, I'm still very new to this XD

EDIT: Just been having a look at the extracted BHAV files, the Light Sources has extracted differently to the Thrones. The Thrones keeps the names of the 'Add/Change Action String' and the 'CT - Can Make?' pointer, but the Light Sources 'CT - Can Make?' has changed to 'Carry Bag - Start' and the 'Add/Change Action String' has changed to 'UNK:MakeAction:0x1D'. Is this normal? If not, how can I change it?
Field Researcher
#13 Old 12th Feb 2017 at 9:40 PM
Ok, I've been rummaging around a bit more and have managed to extract the Light Sources and Thrones BHAVs, but I can't find to original "CT -Can Make" BHAV. I can see the Thrones and Light Sources pointing to it, I just don't know where that original BHAV is. Do I necessarily need the "Can Make" BHAV, or will the Thrones and Light Sources BHAV files do? Also, what will I need to do to them to change who can make what? Sorry for all the questions, I'm still very new to this XD

EDIT: Just been having a look at the extracted BHAV files, the Light Sources has extracted differently to the Thrones. The Thrones keeps the names of the 'Add/Change Action String' and the 'CT - Can Make?' pointer, but the Light Sources 'CT - Can Make?' has changed to 'Carry Bag - Start' and the 'Add/Change Action String' has changed to 'UNK:MakeAction:0x1D'. Is this normal? If not, how can I change it?

You can find the "CT-Can Make?" BHAVs by sorting the BHAV resources by name, since they are different groups. All of them have to do with Witchery.
Once extracted, find the lines that say Check Alignment or Get alignment and bypass them. Whatever line is going into them, have it go to the line that follows them instead. IMPORTANT: Follow the arrows, not the actual order the functions are laid out in.
Alternately, you can have both the "True" and "False" outputs go to whichever one the "True" currently points to.

Until you get a bit more proficient with SimPE, I wouldn't mess with the Make Object BHAVs. The reason the Action Strings are reading wrong in your extracted package is that you also have to pull a "Make Action Primitive String Set" that goes with the group- otherwise it defaults to the ones you see.
I could be wrong, but once your package is in game, it may point to the right resources (been a while since I've actually made any mods), but I think it's unnecessary to alter those BHAVs anyway.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#14 Old 12th Feb 2017 at 11:18 PM
You can find the "CT-Can Make?" BHAVs by sorting the BHAV resources by name, since they are different groups. All of them have to do with Witchery.
Once extracted, find the lines that say Check Alignment or Get alignment and bypass them. Whatever line is going into them, have it go to the line that follows them instead. IMPORTANT: Follow the arrows, not the actual order the functions are laid out in.
Alternately, you can have both the "True" and "False" outputs go to whichever one the "True" currently points to.

Until you get a bit more proficient with SimPE, I wouldn't mess with the Make Object BHAVs. The reason the Action Strings are reading wrong in your extracted package is that you also have to pull a "Make Action Primitive String Set" that goes with the group- otherwise it defaults to the ones you see.
I could be wrong, but once your package is in game, it may point to the right resources (been a while since I've actually made any mods), but I think it's unnecessary to alter those BHAVs anyway.

Thanks very much for all your help, I've remembered I've downloaded a mod to make the witchy light sources buyable, so that negates my need to change the Light Sources file I've finally found the Can Make BHAV; only problem is, there are loads of them XD Any way of telling which is which?
Field Researcher
#15 Old 13th Feb 2017 at 1:00 AM
Thanks very much for all your help, I've remembered I've downloaded a mod to make the witchy light sources buyable, so that negates my need to change the Light Sources file I've finally found the Can Make BHAV; only problem is, there are loads of them XD Any way of telling which is which?

They will match the groups for the respective thrones from the OBJD (Object Data) - 0x7f81b15c for the Good one and 0x7ffc49f7 for Evil
Now that I look at them, you probably don't want to bypass the alignment check entirely (If you do, go straight to "Witch - Get Skill") After the Get Alignment call, there is a comparison to a Const Value. You should experiment with those so the functions include Neutral witches too.
Good Luck.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#16 Old 13th Feb 2017 at 9:30 PM
They will match the groups for the respective thrones from the OBJD (Object Data) - 0x7f81b15c for the Good one and 0x7ffc49f7 for Evil
Now that I look at them, you probably don't want to bypass the alignment check entirely (If you do, go straight to "Witch - Get Skill") After the Get Alignment call, there is a comparison to a Const Value. You should experiment with those so the functions include Neutral witches too.
Good Luck.

Ok, found the Thrones and extracted them. I thought I'd try and be clever by doing some detective work and seeing if there was any link between the const values on the thrones and the Little Miss Wendalyn Sculpture (which is the only object Neutral Witches can make), however the numbers on the statue (and by extension, all the other Can Makes) are different to the ones on the thrones. There also doesn't seem to be anything online about the alignment IDs either. If I can't figure it out, I might just have to link the Get Alignment straight to the Get Skill just for the sake of simplicity; I'm not too bothered about Good Witches being able to make bad thrones and vice versa.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#17 Old 15th Feb 2017 at 2:40 PM
Good News! After ages fiddling around with the BHAVs, I decided to bite the bullet and make it skip the Alignment check. Saved the two BHAVs as packages and shoved them in my game, and discovered that my strongest witches, good, bad, and most importantly, NEUTRAL witches had the options to make both the thrones (haven't got time to test if they are able to make them) Super happy that they're finally able to make these things and not be restricted because of their null-alignment :D