Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 12th Aug 2015 at 10:10 PM
Default I need help making this room
so i had this really vivid dream last night and there was this really cool house that im trying to replicate, but im not sure its possible to do what i want for it in sims 2, although ive seen some really neat stuff done.

the living room and the kitchen are attached but in the dream the kitchen was slightly elevated, im not sure if i can do that on sims especially if i have the house on a deck. ive provided a screenshot, basically i want the wooden part slightly below the rest of it. is it possible?
Screenshots
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 12th Aug 2015 at 11:15 PM
The simplest thing is to use the stage tool, the wooden-looking foundation, under the tile part. It's designed to fit inside houses on foundations.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Scholar
#3 Old 13th Aug 2015 at 10:01 AM
Problem is the routing issues with stage tool, if you don't allow room to walk about, furthermore, you can't place doors on it because it's halfway up, decorations will look odd unless shiftable with AL...

The drop off has been made. You've been warned.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#4 Old 13th Aug 2015 at 10:38 AM
I can't really see what you are trying to do but if the kitchen is against the wall it can work with a fence on the open sides.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Theorist
#5 Old 13th Aug 2015 at 3:04 PM
Yes, you should be able to elevate the tiled area using the indoor foundation, aka stage tool, as I think all kitchen appliances and counters can be placed on them normally. Of course, you will have to put stairs somewhere where they look "natural".

Also, topics like this belong in the Create --> Creator Feedback forum.
Scholar
#6 Old 13th Aug 2015 at 5:42 PM
Will CFE work here, or will it f*** up the house?

The drop off has been made. You've been warned.
Theorist
#7 Old 13th Aug 2015 at 6:26 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Kankritty
Will CFE work here, or will it f*** up the house?

CFE could be used, but why go that route if indoor foundations would do the job nicely?
When CFE is used to make split levels such as this, it will always put splits into the walls, which then can't be covered with patterned wall coverings because the splits would be highly visible on the pattern, so why bother going that route? You also can't hang objects on the wall segments that have the splits.
Oh, and CFE does not fuck up houses. It's people who don't know how to use CFE properly, discreetly and sparingly that fuck up houses.
Theorist
#8 Old 13th Aug 2015 at 6:43 PM
Come to think of it, I actually have a starter house that has a raised kitchen and dining area, although I always viewed the house as having a sunken living room.
It's here: http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=540283. Take a look at the floorplan and cutaway pics.
In the case of this house, I did use CFE because the raised area also includes the bathroom and bedroom, which require doors and windows, which means indoor foundations would not work.
But as I said, I view this as having a sunken living room, not a raised kitchen/dining area. A matter of perspective, I guess.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#9 Old 13th Aug 2015 at 8:47 PM
Yes that is a sunken living room, which is just the same as making an attached garage only it's a living room. The OP only wants the kitchen higher so stage tool would be best.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Top Secret Researcher
#10 Old 13th Aug 2015 at 9:48 PM Last edited by krudyard : 13th Aug 2015 at 10:33 PM.
I have a raised kitchen in one of my houses.

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#11 Old 13th Aug 2015 at 10:41 PM
alrighty, I got allot of replies to that thanks ill try the stage tool then? thanks everyone for your help
Theorist
#12 Old 14th Aug 2015 at 12:58 AM
Quote: Originally posted by krudyard
I have a raised kitchen in one of my houses.

That's a beautiful-looking interior.
You know you can paint those indoor foundations the same as the nearby walls, unless you want them unpainted.
Top Secret Researcher
#13 Old 14th Aug 2015 at 1:02 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ScaryRob
That's a beautiful-looking interior.
You know you can paint those indoor foundations the same as the nearby walls, unless you want them unpainted.

Thank you.
Yeah I saw that and thought "oh dammit". It wasn't until after I took the picture and exited the game that I actually noticed I hadn't painted the foundation!
Alchemist
#14 Old 14th Aug 2015 at 1:31 AM
from my understanding, their are 2 types of indoor foundations; one released with Open For Business, the other released with H&M Stuff.
without those packs, the constrainfloorelevation cheat might be the closest.

about placing stuff on different wall types, that can be tweaked with one of the installation files.
Theorist
#15 Old 14th Aug 2015 at 1:45 AM
krudyard, the only thing I just noticed about your kitchen is that there appears to be a ceiling light near the refrigerator that hangs down to about a Sim's shoulder level. I would use a light that stays up near the ceiling.
Top Secret Researcher
#16 Old 14th Aug 2015 at 1:54 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ScaryRob
krudyard, the only thing I just noticed about your kitchen is that there appears to be a ceiling light near the refrigerator that hangs down to about a Sim's shoulder level. I would use a light that stays up near the ceiling.

Thanks for the feedback. I hadn't noticed that either! (I built the house 'generations' ago.)
Mad Poster
#17 Old 15th Aug 2015 at 9:03 PM
onica, please share pictures when you're done!

I use the sims as a psychology simulator...