Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 15th Jan 2010 at 12:07 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3
Default Very very wierd issue...
I am not quite sure how to explain this, but I will try nevertheless and provide details. Essentially, this is the issue at hand for me, when I am in game, what happens is that randomly, like every 10 secs, every sim that is in the household will suddenly freeze for like a good 2-3 secs, before they go normal again, now the wierd part about this freeze is that it's the SIMS themselves that freeze, nothing else does, like those visual effects will still keep going (i.e. Music pumping out, Video from TV still going, Water in pool still moving) it's just the SIms themselves.

So far, I have tried out the following methods:

-ResetSim (worked twice, but after that just no)
- Removed Lot from Edit Town and replaced lot or Move to different Lot.
- Removed Custom Content (As in Removing the folder)
- Restarting the game (only fixes it for like the first 5 minutes, then happens again)

My Computer Specs:
Quad Core 6600 (2.6Ghz )
8GB of RAM 1066Mhz
Nvidia 9800GT
Graphics Driver 195.81 provided by Laptop2Go

This is just frustrating me. I will also record a video of it and put it on Youtube just to show what I mean. But right now I really would appreciate any help I can get! Thank you for your time and patience.
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#2 Old 15th Jan 2010 at 12:37 AM
Quote: Originally posted by iamthebest22
when I am in game, what happens is that randomly, like every 10 secs, every sim that is in the household will suddenly freeze for like a good 2-3 secs, before they go normal again, now the wierd part about this freeze is that it's the SIMS themselves that freeze, nothing else does, like those visual effects will still keep going

I can tell you that issue is most likely the result of a runaway scripting process, eating up all the time on the simulator.

The animations run on a separate thread, and that is why they are unaffected.

However, I can not posit *what* would be causing the issue.

I would suggest uninstalling all mods, and see if the issue resolves itself.

You may also want to try starting a fresh town and see if the issue extends into that save as well.

----

Hopefully, someone else will be able to suggest a better course of action.

Good Luck.

NRaas Industries: Sims 3 Mods for the Discerning Player, hosted by The Wikispaces.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 15th Jan 2010 at 1:05 AM
Okay thanks for the help. YOur comment just reminded me of something, and I'm testing it right now (crossing my fingers cause it's working for now) I just remembered that I'm on a Custom map, and I moved to the Country one that came with the game and so far it's working fine. (knocks on wood) Will keep update going in case anything happens, but so far thanks!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 15th Jan 2010 at 4:07 AM Last edited by iamthebest22 : 15th Jan 2010 at 4:31 AM.
I know shouldn't double post, but after 3 hours, it's occuring again, which is just wierd, it makes me think that it's most likely something with the packages, but still i cleaned out all the caches and did uninstall the mods (if by that you mean the packages).

Update: This is indeed very wierd, I am somewhat certain it's a package now, if I go travelling, or in the Sunset Valley, if I go into ANYwhere except looking at my home, I don't have that issue. Now i have to find out which stupid thing it is... T_T

Another update, this is my Nvidia Driver version:

Edit: Hopefully final edit, I think and I am 90% sure now why it happened again LAWL, apparently one of my sims got stuck in the ground, and when I found him and used the ResetSim, the freeze suddenly just disappeared LOL I don't know why a stuck sim in the ground would cause every other sim to freeze once in awhile but xD definately hoping that's fixed now. Thanks to those that helped!