Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 8th Nov 2014 at 1:42 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise
Default Custom Content Compatibility
I have sims 3 up to island paradise&movie stuff, I also have it updated to the latest patch. I've downloaded lots of different package files and they are already unzipped when I download them so I know this isn't my problem. However, a lot of the package files aren't working, mainly anubis sims cc, skins (from various places) and eyes/contacts. I don't know why they aren't working and it's so frustrating.

They worked before, however, I haven't played sims in a couple of years due to lack of time and computer, but obviously since then there have been more ep's, sp's and patches.
The only other things I use are the nraas mods.

Does anyone know any skins anywhere that work with the latest patch and up to island paradise & movie stuff pack?
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 8th Nov 2014 at 7:47 AM
I too am having this same problem. Up to a few days ago AL my package files were working beautifully, but all of sudden they aren't. And I have tried all the options that are on MTS. I am wanting to not wanna play and my fave home that I built and recolored will be a mess w/o some of my files. I have all ep/sp minus 70's, 80's, 90's...Diesel Stuff and Movie Stuff.

Treat all people the exact same way that you yourself deserves to be treated; you're less likely to make enemies that way.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 8th Nov 2014 at 8:29 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Redd Velvett
I too am having this same problem. Up to a few days ago AL my package files were working beautifully, but all of sudden they aren't. And I have tried all the options that are on MTS. I am wanting to not wanna play and my fave home that I built and recolored will be a mess w/o some of my files. I have all ep/sp minus 70's, 80's, 90's...Diesel Stuff and Movie Stuff.

It's so, so weird, the only things that are working are the nraas mods and a select few cas items.. I can't use my fav Anubis CC, any skins, eyes, anything.. It's really stressing me out because like you I have tried everything and so I don't know why they're not working.

I'm going to try deleting my Sims 3 folder, re-launching the game so that it re-creates it, downloading the framework again and trying it all from scratch one last time, then i'll let you know if I can get it to work
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 8th Nov 2014 at 9:08 AM Last edited by PhoenixPlumbob : 8th Nov 2014 at 9:28 AM.
Okay, I think I know what the problem might be, but, I don't know how to fix it...
So the other night when I downloaded cc I had to unzip it, however, for some reason after that, when they downloaded they were already unzipped... As .RAR files... to work in sims they need to be .PACKAGE.
That's why some work and some don't, the ones that are .RAR or 7Z don't work, they need to be .PACKAGE and I don't know how to change the format. I might post another thread to see if anyone knows how to change the format.

What format are your files in?
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#5 Old 8th Nov 2014 at 9:42 AM
.Rar and .7z are still compressed (zipped) files with .package inside. You'll need a program to decompress (unzip) them. Here are the instructions on what program to use and how to do it: http://simswiki.info/wiki.php?title...2C_and_7z_Files
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 8th Nov 2014 at 9:57 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Don_Babilon
.Rar and .7z are still compressed (zipped) files with .package inside. You'll need a program to decompress (unzip) them. Here are the instructions on what program to use and how to do it: http://simswiki.info/wiki.php?title...2C_and_7z_Files

They aren't zipped though, they are unzipped, I don't have the option to unzip them like I do with zipped folders and they look like an unzipped file (like a white sheet of paper)
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 8th Nov 2014 at 9:58 AM
They look like package files, just in a different format
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#8 Old 8th Nov 2014 at 10:10 AM
No, they are still archived, but because they are a different archive format and as apparently you don't have the required programs, like WinRAR or 7-zip, Windows will show them as plain files. Really, you should read the article in the link I gave.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#9 Old 8th Nov 2014 at 10:18 AM
Okay, well I'll double check, thanks
Test Subject
Original Poster
#10 Old 8th Nov 2014 at 11:42 AM
Thank-You! Sorry for my lack of brain on this matter, it appears I missed placed my knowledge of using mods since I last played!
Test Subject
#11 Old 9th Nov 2014 at 2:37 AM
My files are in package format, I use WinRAR to download and unzip or however. I'm just not getting how all of a sudden they just started clashing and not allowing my game to come on.

Treat all people the exact same way that you yourself deserves to be treated; you're less likely to make enemies that way.
Field Researcher
#12 Old 9th Nov 2014 at 2:40 AM
Redd Velvet, did you download something new recently?
Test Subject
#13 Old 11th Nov 2014 at 3:29 AM
No not recently. I got nervous and just stopped cus it seems that I can't add anything new. Any new item will cause the others to stop working. I get all my mods from this site.