Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 9th Nov 2014 at 1:46 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Generations, Pets, Supernatural, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Default Weird Late Night Installation Glitch?
Every time I try to install late night it freeze at 11 (file 630 out of 663) minutes and the disc makes loud noises, stopping and starting. The disc itself has strange perfectly circular engravings on it, (similar to a tree) I think as a result of trying to install it on my cousins computer, because it make a loud buzzing noise. I'm installing it now and so far it's taken 10 minutes but when it gets past the two hour mark I'm gonna stop trying. Help! I want my late night back. I have NO CC OR MODS at all right now! Not even a mod folder.
System specs:
Processor 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
Memory 4 GB 1067 MHz DDR3
Graphics NVIDIA GeForce 320M 256 MB
software OS X 10.9.5 (13F34)

“You want weapons? We’re in a library! Books! The best weapons in the world!”
— The Doctor, Season 2, Episode 2
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#2 Old 9th Nov 2014 at 1:47 AM
I also only have sims 3 and university at this moment

Alchemist
#3 Old 9th Nov 2014 at 1:00 PM
Well, if the disk has clearly the kind of markings/scratches/lines that didn't use to be there and don't look normal, then it's safe to assume that the disk is damaged. I checked my own Late Night disk just moment ago and there are no engravings in it. You may need to to buy another copy. One reason to strange noises from the cd/dvd drive can be because the drive itself has broken or is about to but if it works fine with other disks, then that is not the reason here.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 9th Nov 2014 at 6:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by varpunen
Well, if the disk has clearly the kind of markings/scratches/lines that didn't use to be there and don't look normal, then it's safe to assume that the disk is damaged. I checked my own Late Night disk just moment ago and there are no engravings in it. You may need to to buy another copy. One reason to strange noises from the cd/dvd drive can be because the drive itself has broken or is about to but if it works fine with other disks, then that is not the reason here.

Thank you. It's weird because they are perfectly circular and look like they could be just part of it.

Alchemist
#5 Old 9th Nov 2014 at 6:24 PM
They could be completely normal, especially if they were there before. Have you tested the disk on another computer again? Perhaps in your cousin's? Just to see if works?

Are they like this one (it's xbox disk in this vid but the damage sounds similar): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eMP8pyjwXYY
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#6 Old 11th Nov 2014 at 1:53 AM
Quote: Originally posted by varpunen
They could be completely normal, especially if they were there before. Have you tested the disk on another computer again? Perhaps in your cousin's? Just to see if works?

Are they like this one (it's xbox disk in this vid but the damage sounds similar): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eMP8pyjwXYY

Strangely enough, there are more circles than that. I think I found a solution though. Turns out (I got the disc about one or two years ago) I registered it on an old sims 3 community account, so I made an origin account for it and found a digital copy. I'm going to try installing it.

Alchemist
#7 Old 11th Nov 2014 at 11:07 AM
Yes, that's the good thing about Origin. All your registered sims games show up there. How did I forgot to ask you about that? Anyway, it's great you did that, since now you don't need to buy a disk.