Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 9th Nov 2014 at 5:31 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, Ambitions, Late Night
Default No books in one particular save file
I have this annoying problem, and I'd like to know if there's any way to fix this.

In one of my The Sims 3 saves are no books - at all: All the bookshelves are empty, the book store is empty, and I can't write a book. If my sim is trying to write a book, she sits down in front of the computer, but as soon as she tries to start writing she'll just pops next to the computer. (In the same way sims do when doing the "resetsim" code)

- I've removed all downloaded/custom content what's so ever - my game is currently completely vanilla.
- I uninstalled the whole game (and its expansion packs - Ambitions & Late Night) and removed all The Sims 3 content from my computer. (I did backup my save files)
- Then I reinstalled them, and put the saves-file folder (which contains the copies of my save files, of course) in the The Sims 3 -folder, where it belongs.
- Still no books.

Everything else works just fine. And yeah, the problem is with my save file itself (I think?) since this problem appears only with this one particular save file: There are books when I start a new game.

Also, I don't know if it has something to do with this book problem or not, but when I start the Launcher I got script error -message (see the picture) I haven't noticed any difference on anything between choosing "yes" or "no", the game works normally any way. (except for the books, of course)
Screenshots
Advertisement
Alchemist
#2 Old 9th Nov 2014 at 9:12 PM
Don't know about the book problem but I get that launcher error sometimes, as well. I remember reading that it has something to do with the store advertisement running on the laucher's background, so it's basically harmless.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 10th Nov 2014 at 12:50 PM
^ Oh, yeah! Now that you mentioned that I realized that it may have something to do with the AdBlock I've installed. And yes, indeed! I tried it just now: I paused the AdBlock, then ran the Laucher, and the script error didn't appear. Then I closed the Launcher, unpaused the AdBlock, ran the launcher again, and then the script error appeared again.