Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 13th Nov 2014 at 8:30 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Supernatural, University Life, Into the Future
Install Order?
I recently bought "Island Paradise" but I already have all other expansion packs save "Ambitions" and the stuff packs installed. Am I going need to uninstall and reinstall my expansion packs in order to avoid problems? I can't remember if the issue has been fixed yet or not.

"I want to see where the sirens sing."

http://www.last.fm/user/chryseis
Advertisement
is going to be a cat when she grows up.
retired moderator
#2 Old 13th Nov 2014 at 10:27 PM
I'm not sure what "issue" you're referencing, but why would you need to install/reinstall all of your games just to install a new EP?

Strangers in a Strange Land--The Shin Yi Legacy | last updated 3.7.2014
My Simblr | Is probably NSFW
Test Subject
#3 Old 14th Nov 2014 at 10:31 AM
Installing them in wrong order can mess up your game (I just ran into this when I returned to the game recently myself). I would back up everything you have and try it. If it messes things up, then you can do the entire uninstall/reinstall.
Site Helper
#4 Old 14th Nov 2014 at 7:45 PM
That was the case in Sims 1, but it was "fixed" in Sims 2 and 3. It should not be an issue. Although this is a very complex, EA game we are talking about, so "oughtta be ain't is, and Is ain't oughtta be."

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook