Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 12th Nov 2014 at 10:35 AM
Default Is there a fix for black ceilings in screenshots?
I already know about this from the SimsWiki:

But I want to take photos where more than 1 ceiling will be present if that makes sense. The level I'm on displays the ceiling correctly but the other ceiling higher up is pitch black.
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 13th Nov 2014 at 12:53 AM
Hmmm this happens occasionally with me. It might be a graphical glitch because sometimes it0s normal and sometimes it's black. Just try the trick you mentioned a few times and/or try going into Buy/Build mode and changing to night/day then day/night again. You can try removing the custom ceiling and putting it back on again, too.
Site Helper
#3 Old 14th Nov 2014 at 7:50 PM
If nothing else helps, you can take two pictures, one with the ceiling black and one with the angle as close to the same as possible, but showing the ceiling above looking normal. Then use Photoshop to copy the ceiling from the second picture and place it in the first one, adjusting as needed.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Site Helper
#4 Old 15th Nov 2014 at 7:20 PM
Do you use Control 5-9 and Shift 5-9 to save camera angles? That, plus Q and E for down and up help a lot in lining the camera up.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Site Helper
#5 Old 16th Nov 2014 at 9:49 PM
It's not one of the better known features. Good luck.