Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 14th Nov 2014 at 10:00 PM Last edited by MillieAnne : 15th Nov 2014 at 7:40 AM.

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, Late Night, Pets, Supernatural, Island Paradise
Default Mods do not work in game.
I have followed this guide three times to no solution. Guide

My game is patched to 1.67.2.024001.

I downloaded 7-Zip file manager and unzipped the 'Frameworksetup' using the 'Extract here' command.

I have previously downloaded custom content such as clothes, houses and furniture, which work fine but the packages do not. Here is a screenshot of the packages downloaded. Here is the succsesful content that has downloaded. Here

I'm not sure what other details I can give.

NOTE: After my first attempt, all my saved games and CC vanished from the game
Advertisement
1978 gallons of pancake batter
#2 Old 14th Nov 2014 at 10:08 PM
The path shows \Electronic Arts\Mods\Mods\Packages with two Mods folders. It should only be \Electronic Arts\Mods\Packages, though.

If gotcha is all you’ve got, then you’ve got nothing. - Paul Krugman
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 15th Nov 2014 at 7:39 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Buzzler
The path shows \Electronic Arts\Mods\Mods\Packages with two Mods folders. It should only be \Electronic Arts\Mods\Packages, though.
Thank you for pointing that out, that's been amened but still no use. One thing I noticed though is that after I did the first change, all the saved game and CC vanished from the game.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 15th Nov 2014 at 3:03 PM
How come lots and clothes will work but packages dont?
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#5 Old 15th Nov 2014 at 3:47 PM
Just to check, that picture of the Launcher you included - was that to demonstrate that the .package files weren't showing up in the Launcher's list? 'Cause they're not supposed to - you'll need to go ingame and see if they're working or not.

Also, it's a bit confusing to refer to "clothes and lots" on the one hand and ".package files" on the other, since clothes and lots can come as either sims3packs or as .package files. In fact the only kind of content that can't be of either filetype is hacks, which have to be .packages. So it's clearer if you say sims3packs or packages.

When you say the first change, what exactly did you do? Just moving the Mods folder wouldn't have caused your other stuff to vanish, so I suspect something else happened there. Did you get the other content and the savegames back in the end?

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 15th Nov 2014 at 7:43 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Nysha
Just to check, that picture of the Launcher you included - was that to demonstrate that the .package files weren't showing up in the Launcher's list? 'Cause they're not supposed to - you'll need to go ingame and see if they're working or not.

Also, it's a bit confusing to refer to "clothes and lots" on the one hand and ".package files" on the other, since clothes and lots can come as either sims3packs or as .package files. In fact the only kind of content that can't be of either filetype is hacks, which have to be .packages. So it's clearer if you say sims3packs or packages.

When you say the first change, what exactly did you do? Just moving the Mods folder wouldn't have caused your other stuff to vanish, so I suspect something else happened there. Did you get the other content and the savegames back in the end?

Thanks for the info, I'm not down with the sim slang!

Okay so to calrify, the sims3packs work, the packages don't.

Follow the guides, the only thing I didn't do is have 7-Zip File manager.

I'm not sure how to get that stuff back and I'm stilling missing some sims3packs, I think I may have deleted the original files uploading them onto the game. I'm not that bothered about that though, just want some mods.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 17th Nov 2014 at 5:01 PM
Are there any other suggestions? I would be very greatful for all the help I can get. I'm reluctant to start a new game incase the saves get whiped again.
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#8 Old 17th Nov 2014 at 6:34 PM
Hum, but you said in the first post that you did use 7-zip? If you didn't, what did you use instead?

Also, are the missing saves and sims3pack stuff still visible in the TS3 folder, but just not showing up ingame? Or are they completely gone?

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#9 Old 17th Nov 2014 at 6:36 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Nysha
Hum, but you said in the first post that you did use 7-zip? If you didn't, what did you use instead?
I didn't use anything, I missed that the first tme so I just right clicked and unzipped the file using windows
Test Subject
Original Poster
#10 Old 24th Nov 2014 at 11:07 PM
This still neds to be fixed
Field Researcher
#11 Old 20th Dec 2014 at 2:03 PM
Quote: Originally posted by MillieAnne
This still neds to be fixed

Just saw this. Have you solved your problem?

If not, I'd like to assist you.
Test Subject
#12 Old 30th Dec 2014 at 3:24 AM Last edited by caitlorca : 30th Dec 2014 at 3:35 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by pepoluan
Just saw this. Have you solved your problem?

If not, I'd like to assist you.

I`m not the OP but I`m having the same problem. Instead of starting a new thread, I`d thought I`d just reply here. I am trying to get the Overwatch mod to work, the resource.cfg file is in : documents/electronic arts/thesims3/mods/packages folder. Yes, I capitalized both Mods and Packages. I was under the impression that a pop would appear when I restarted my game to let me know that the mod is good to go (so to speak), but nothing has popped up. Any thoughts as to what I may have done wrong? Thanks in advance.

EDIT: I got it to work, I somehow missed a step, but it`s all working fine now.