Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 26th Dec 2014 at 5:19 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Showtime, Seasons
Default Objects and inter-household relationships lost when moving towns?
Hello folks! I'm a relatively new TS3 gamer and I've some questions about some issues that popped up while moving between different towns.

I'm currently playing a legacy family I plan to move between different worlds for each gen in order to try the different EPs. Previously, this hasn't posed a particular problem: their ancestors moved seamlessly from Sunset Valley to Bridgeport. The Bridgeport to Riverview move was a bit laggy because I had stayed almost two entire generations in Bridgeport, so the household had quite a few members to move, but other than that, it was fine.

However, when I tried to move from Riverview to Twinbrook, two things happened: first, when I got there, I realized my entire family inventory had been emptied. Granted, I chose to sell all furniture when moving, but I seem to recall doing the same in SV without it selling all the things in the family inventory as well?? Regardless, there were some non-buy mode things in there, such as the frosted P.I door, etc. that I'd been planning to use in my new house that I can't get back now.

Second, when I arrived, I checked the relationships of the different household members, and they had gotten kind of jumbled. Mostly between the now resurrected ghosts (I use Twallan's MC), but among a few of the living members, too. I've heard that this is fairly common when moving big families and it's nothing unfixable via MC, but it's still kind of annoying since I can't remember the exact relationships, especially among the older generations. This is especially important, since my legacy family is just getting bigger.

So my questions are:

- Is there any way to cheat my way to the objects from the professions, so I can replace what was lost? Also, was the emptied family inventory a glitch or something that comes with selling the furniture?

- Are there any mods that can prevent relationships being altered between household members when moving big families to a new town? (I use the original EA method, but I resurrect the ghosts first by adding them to my family via Twallan's MC.)
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 26th Dec 2014 at 6:02 PM
Check out Traveler from the Nraas site, it's one of Twallan's mods as well, I'm not all that familiar with it, don't use it myself, but the people there are always very helpful.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 26th Dec 2014 at 7:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Batsheba
Check out Traveler from the Nraas site, it's one of Twallan's mods as well, I'm not all that familiar with it, don't use it myself, but the people there are always very helpful.

But that one requires WA, I think? I haven't bought that EP yet :/

EDIT: Furthermore, I think that helps with retaining relationships left back at home; not really solving the problem with relationships being messed up between family members moving with you? But thanks for the suggestion anyway
Field Researcher
#5 Old 27th Dec 2014 at 11:34 AM
@nitromon is right, it was Porter and not Traveler.

Do read carefully NRaas Porter's FAQ.

Nobody is Perfect. I am Nobody. And I'm trying to make something wonderful for The Sims 3.
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 27th Dec 2014 at 4:16 PM
Actually you don't need WA anymore if you have either IP, ITF of UL since they use the same metod.

Quote from NRAAS;
"*Note that beginning with v86 of Traveler, which requires Patches 1.66-1.67, the requirement to have the World Adventures EP installed for vacation style travel to other worlds has been lifted."

About the messed up relationships though I don't know.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#7 Old 4th Jan 2015 at 1:39 AM
Thanks a ton! I'll check out Porter, then. I'll keep Traveler in mind, but since I'm not really interested in going back to the towns I've left behind, I think Porter will be better suited for my needs.

As for the messed up relationships, I think it's a side-effect of sticking too many sims with too many inter-relationships on the same lot. Even after the move, I've seen this happen - I had an elder sim who died recently, and some next-gen kids born into the house. When the elder sim's ghost came back to haunt them, I saw that her relationships with her children (the parents of the next-gen kids) had been reduced to strangers, but she was oddly enough best friends with the next-gen kids that she had never met before.

It's a little odd to me though, since I've heard of people who cheated their way to +30 kids from different spouses in the same house and people keeping their legacy ancestors around in a backyard cemetery for generations (much like I do now), and yet I can't find any mention of some fix to the problem. I really don't want to send them to the cemetery :/