Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 4th Jan 2015 at 1:43 PM Last edited by laschrader : 4th Jan 2015 at 5:07 PM.

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Seasons
My game keeps closing down when i open it! *solved*
Hello as you probably saw in the title, im having issues opening my game.Let me explain what's happening exactly.
1.I click on the sims 3 launcher and i click the play button
2.I wait a bit as usual and then it just exits to windows but its still in my taskbar and everytime i click on it to go back in, it just takes me out again!I had the same problem yesterday but i just took out all my mods and cc and it worked.
However, i added cc and mods this morning and then i played and the same problem came up, so i took them off but the problem continued.I've cleaned my cache files and the thumbnails and pretty much everything and now im dry with ideas.I even reinstalled, saved my screenshots and videos somewhere else and still did nothing.As far as i know i had this same problem yesterday but it was easily fixed but now im thinking it would of worked if i hadn't added that cc/mods but i cant find the mods or cc in any of my sims 3 folders.They are in the bin!I would really like to play my game soon because im quite far into a game.I dont think i have ever ever ever had this problem except yesterday and today and no one else seems to be having it (google searches assume)
(edit) Oh and i have all expansions and some stuff packs but i don't think that makes a difference?
Please help me, thanks.
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 4th Jan 2015 at 1:49 PM
Are you on Windows or on Mac?

If on Windows, directly run TS3W.exe instead of using Launcher.

Launcher is a crapfest of buggy code that EA never bothered to fix, as long as they can leech gamers' money buying stuff from their store.

Nobody is Perfect. I am Nobody. And I'm trying to make something wonderful for The Sims 3.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 4th Jan 2015 at 2:32 PM
Quote: Originally posted by pepoluan
Are you on Windows or on Mac?

If on Windows, directly run TS3W.exe instead of using Launcher.

Launcher is a crapfest of buggy code that EA never bothered to fix, as long as they can leech gamers' money buying stuff from their store.

Im on windows
Where do i find this TS3W.exe?I've heard of it before but i cant remember where it is
Top Secret Researcher
#4 Old 4th Jan 2015 at 4:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by laschrader
Im on windows
Where do i find this TS3W.exe?I've heard of it before but i cant remember where it is

It's in "C:\\Program Files\Electonic Arts\The Sims 3\Game\Bin", assuming that you installed the game on drive C.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 4th Jan 2015 at 4:10 PM
I looked there but inside my the sims 3 there is only 'Mods'
Strange huh?
I know i downloaded it with a disk because i have the disk on my table right now
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 4th Jan 2015 at 5:04 PM
Default Finally
Ooh ok guys i figured it out now.Me and my brother were poking about on the internet and found this
http://forums.steampowered.com/foru...d.php?t=1734357
it helped alot for others who may have this problem, I had to turn the fullscreen mode from 1 to 0 but then once the game loaded up i just changed the resolution and now it works like a charm!Thanks to all those who helped though