Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 21st Feb 2014 at 7:40 AM
Default Silly Question
I was watching a Sims 3 video and I saw Sims sitting on the grass like in Sims 2 and it wasn't a pose thy were moving like in Sims 2. My question is did this come in an EP cause I only have the base game and I don't have this option.

You only live once make the most of it..:)
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#2 Old 21st Feb 2014 at 8:39 AM
My Sims won't either, except on a picnic blanket.
Mad Poster
#3 Old 21st Feb 2014 at 9:22 AM
Sims will sit on the grass for specific interactions, like watching the stars with a love interest or partner (Generations) or using a laptop (University). Must have those EPs. Sorry.

Resident member of The Receptacle Refugees
Let's help fund mammograms for everyone. If you want to help, Click To Give @ The Breast Cancer Site Your click is free. Thank you.
Top Secret Researcher
#4 Old 21st Feb 2014 at 9:32 AM
Swell. If I get Generations, I can watch the stars at night, but in the daytime I'll usually be grounded.
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#5 Old 21st Feb 2014 at 10:07 AM
Well, give your Sim the Brooding trait if you've got Supernatural and then in the daytime they can contemplate the hollowness starlessness of life while sitting on the ground.
Mad Poster
#6 Old 21st Feb 2014 at 10:41 AM
Yeah, forgot about that one, babele44. Thanks.

Also thought about meditation but need WA for that one. Still an EP interaction. *shrugs*

Resident member of The Receptacle Refugees
Let's help fund mammograms for everyone. If you want to help, Click To Give @ The Breast Cancer Site Your click is free. Thank you.
Instructor
Original Poster
#7 Old 21st Feb 2014 at 5:24 PM
Well for now I'll just keep putting benches on my Sims lawns I guess for now I won't have to worry about grass stains on their clothes

You only live once make the most of it..:)
Site Helper
#8 Old 22nd Feb 2014 at 11:53 PM
If you really want a shot of them sitting on the grass, put a picnic basket on the ground save the game, and have them use the picnic basket. (no table) Then use Move objects to get the resulting blanket and basket out of the way.

Restore the saved game once you finish, in case you managed to corrupt something. It's a major pain to track down the community picnic basket in buy debug if it needs replacing. And if you have it on a home lot it would be really annoying to decide you want to build later and have the spot where the picnic basket was unusable because of the no-longer-existing object.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook