Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 21st May 2011 at 5:00 PM
How to disable UI Sounds ?
Hello everyone,
I would ask if someone could tell me how you can disable UI Sounds of the game I'm making a series Sims3 and I need to disable UI Sounds and sound effects keep the game thanks in advance for your answers
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 22nd May 2011 at 12:59 PM
i believe in game you can go into options then the little speaker tab. the sliders for sound options should be there.

I'm cooler than cool! I'm stupid!
Top Secret Researcher
#3 Old 22nd May 2011 at 1:49 PM
"UI Sounds" sounds like little mouse click when you click around? In Option, check to mute "Sound Effect" would take care of it, but I think you may lose something else too, like sounds from TV or computer. I am testing it right now: I can still hear neighbor fighting (sound effect of apartment) but playing computer is totally silent now.

I don't understand what you meant by saying "I need to disable UI Sounds and sound effects keep the game". In part because you didn't even put a comma or any kind of pause. But mainly are you looking to completely disable all TS3 sounds? Or what part of TS3 sound you really need to keep playing? If you are using Windows 7, this is extremely easy. Go to Mixer panel (speaker icon at system tray) and look for "The Sims 3" and mute it. All other sounds (music from mp3 players, sound from youtube video on web browser, any other sound sources) will still play except TS3.

Hope this helps.

I work for a living, but I don't necessarily live for a working.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 22nd May 2011 at 4:09 PM
No, actually the problem is that:
I am doing a series with the Sims 3 and while I film I would ask them to action. But why the UI Sounds should not be enabled in order not we hear them. But if I use the options to disable sound effects this will disable the UI Sounds and other sound effects such as computer or mobile phone that rings. But I do want to disable the UI Sounds and not the other sound effects. Anyone have a solution?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 30th May 2011 at 11:30 PM
UP ! I still need your help
In fact, if there was a mod like this: http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=281167
for sims 3 it would be great Anyone know how?
Scholar
#6 Old 31st May 2011 at 12:15 AM
Oh, you mean when you un-pause the game (while recording)?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 31st May 2011 at 8:36 PM
Yes :D
But also with the sound speeds and other noises that can be annoying while you're recording!
Test Subject
#8 Old 1st Jun 2011 at 3:39 AM
I need to know how to do this too. Not because I'm recording, just because I LOATHE the click of the mouse sounds in Sims 3 and in Sims Medieval. It drives me crazy. But I like the other background sound effects and want to keep those.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#9 Old 8th Jun 2011 at 7:25 PM
UP! Still interested, nobody knows a solution?
Thank you in advance
Test Subject
#10 Old 9th Jun 2011 at 8:51 PM
I would like this too, id love to record with sound so i wouldn't need to add sound effects.
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 17th May 2013 at 1:19 PM Last edited by Anjalah : 17th May 2013 at 1:40 PM. Reason: I said that the modderation was a great idea except it was for the Sims 2, so I had to do something
Right Link For The Sims 3 Mod
Quote: Originally posted by serenity020
http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=281167

This isn't the right mod for The Sims 3. I just realized that the mod you linked us is for the Sims 2. Here is the mod for the Sims 3 though: http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=458056 hope this helps

The Sims 1: The gameplay was good, many things to do if you have all expansion packs. 5/10
The Sims 2: Great for machinima, not gameplays 9/10
The Sims 3: Great Gameplay 7/10
The Sims 4: Improving but so far 8/10
One Minute Ninja'd
#12 Old 17th May 2013 at 3:09 PM
Ah, I'm sure they would have appreciated your guidance to the mod 2 years ago, when the thread was written. You might be a little late in helping them out now, though.
Test Subject
#13 Old 22nd Dec 2014 at 3:48 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Anjalah
This isn't the right mod for The Sims 3. I just realized that the mod you linked us is for the Sims 2. Here is the mod for the Sims 3 though: http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=458056 hope this helps

Downloaded plenty of working and non-working mods, but never really comment or thank. I wanted to personally say thanks for this. And thanks to Google. Making the (Sim) world a better place, everyday.