Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Fresh fruit from the bigot tree
Original Poster
#1 Old 11th Feb 2014 at 10:38 PM
Default Best way of advancing the riches scale.
I was playing today, and noticed how repetitive it can be to advance to the top of a career in every generation to be able to mantain an expensive lifestyle. There must be other options to pay for that mansion with a butler in it. Maybe buying venues, racing and breeding horses, or stealing riches from foreign countries. What would you suggest?

Also, I only have up to supernatural, so my options are a bit more limited.

Do not install pescado's mod. It is the one producing the errors it warns you about. Get Twallan's instead. It cleans your save file and prevents glitches.
Advertisement
One Minute Ninja'd
#2 Old 11th Feb 2014 at 10:52 PM
Self employed is the way to go. Writers, especially, can rake it in once they build up a royalty stream, especially romance novelists. Invest the proceeds into the town's businesses and venues, and within a generation, you'll be using familyfunds to withdraw money from the family's account, as it starts to look kind of silly. No one need ever work a rabbit hole job again with that strategy, although I find it's helpful to have at some of the family members in RHs, just so I don't have to worry about them during day.

Other good approaches are alchemists (as you have SN), as the elixirs go for big bucks at the elixir consignment store (far too valuable to use for stuff like making fairies), and gardeners. If you really work your garden, getting the quality of the produce high, they also sell quite well at the consignment store.

Personally, I like artists. Once they're established, a few paintings a day keeps everyone driving nice, fancy Fresh Prince cars, and to break up the monotony, I found a slick replacement pack for the painting images, with 1,500 new, original paintings, in place of the same boring EA stuff.

And of course, if you're into theft as a path to riches, I'd go with a kelpto computer geek. Between what they can swipe and hack, they can do alright too.
Top Secret Researcher
#3 Old 11th Feb 2014 at 10:54 PM
I've played games where my wealthy idlers did nothing for money but invest in real estate. You don't have Island Paradise, but the resorts give you some massive income. Without it that, if you've purchased everything in town, you get a pretty good amount every week. You can't buy everything in the catalog, but you can afford a butler at least.
Instructor
#4 Old 12th Feb 2014 at 12:48 AM
If you don't want your sim to work, like at all, dogs are helpful. Have one or two, train them to hunt, they start bringing in some great things. Plus with the Gem cutting machine from supernatural, you don't have to waste money by shipping them AND you get gem dust.
Instructor
#5 Old 12th Feb 2014 at 2:24 AM
Transmuting metals is the quickest path to great wealth. When done in conjunction with the alien's transmute ability, one can max out a sim's wealth in short order (100 million somoleons)
Original Poster
#6 Old 12th Feb 2014 at 12:10 PM
If I got it right, then, I would have to adopt two dogs, train them to bring gems to use in the gem cutter machine, employ my sim in the painting career, and invest the money in real state. I knew there was another way. Thank you.

Do not install pescado's mod. It is the one producing the errors it warns you about. Get Twallan's instead. It cleans your save file and prevents glitches.
Field Researcher
#7 Old 12th Feb 2014 at 12:48 PM
I had a horse ranch/farm that worked pretty well for a while, though I needed at least 5 sims to get it working profitably. I suppose it would be easier now with the tractor premium content.
Instructor
#8 Old 12th Feb 2014 at 5:43 PM
I don't mess with getting my sims jobs I just use the familyfunds cheat

You only live once make the most of it..:)
just a girl
#9 Old 12th Feb 2014 at 6:17 PM
1. Growing Tiberium. It multiplies and is worth 30-40 thousand for one piece.
2. Drilling.
3. Sale of paintings after the author's death. Even the cheapest $4 drawings made at low skill levels, rise in price in 1000 after the death of the author. The same applies to photos - I don't delete even the bad pictures, because then they will cost as masterpieces. This process takes time, but it's very good.
4. Breeding horses. They require little care, and they train, run and jump themselves, even without the help of the player. Good horse can be sold for 10-15 thousand. Stallions can also be led in horse riding center.
5. Kleptomaniac + rich neighbors' garages.
6. Genie. Make a wish to get rich.
Original Poster
#10 Old 12th Feb 2014 at 8:09 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Lamare
1. Growing Tiberium. It multiplies and is worth 30-40 thousand for one piece.

Sadly, you are late with this. I sold the tiberium gem my dog got. But for the next time, I will remember your tip. Do you know how much time tiberium takes to grow and if it produces more?

Top Secret Researcher
#11 Old 12th Feb 2014 at 8:36 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Rafe Weisz
Sadly, you are late with this. I sold the tiberium gem my dog got. But for the next time, I will remember your tip. Do you know how much time tiberium takes to grow and if it produces more?

It takes about a day. The time is a little random; if I put down multiple gems, they'll grow at different times.

It does not produce more. However, if you have the gem cutter, you can cut it into a spire and then grow the gem dust as well. It doesn't seem to work if you cut it completely into dust, though. Also, you need to get it cut into a spire in order to make it grow, or go to another world and grow it there if you don't want to cut it. I used to have a martial artist who would chop up space rocks and find gems inside. Every three tiberium gems, the family would go on vacation and grow it out there. Of course, you get more money if you can also grow the dust, but it's an option.
Original Poster
#12 Old 12th Feb 2014 at 8:47 PM
I like how it sounds, hugbug993.

Does anyone know how the spire cut translates to spanish in the game?

Top Secret Researcher
#13 Old 12th Feb 2014 at 8:51 PM
If I remember correctly, tiberium only has two cut options, so the spire cut should be easy to find.
#14 Old 13th Feb 2014 at 2:03 AM
Quote: Originally posted by hugbug993
You don't have Island Paradise, but the resorts give you some massive income.

not if you run motels the way I run them *insane cackle* http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=507986

Instructor
#15 Old 13th Feb 2014 at 8:06 AM
You all work too hard for becoming rich. My solution is the simplest, not a game cheat, and I used it very effectively in the Sims 2 as well: "Marry a rich townie."
Simple as that.
Original Poster
#16 Old 13th Feb 2014 at 5:57 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Floraflora2
You all work too hard for becoming rich. My solution is the simplest, not a game cheat, and I used it very effectively in the Sims 2 as well: "Marry a rich townie."
Simple as that.

I was looking for a way to keep the family rich for many genearations. Your way is good to making a family rich, but not for mantaining their lifestyle for long.

Inventor
#17 Old 13th Feb 2014 at 6:48 PM
motherlode?