Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 26th Nov 2015 at 5:41 AM
Default Under stairs storage/usage for S4
I'm reasonably sure that somewhere somehow someone has done this mod - I spotted a bookcase under a set of stairs in a d/l house for S4....at least I think that's what I saw. Is there such a thing? and where, please., can I find it????
Advertisement
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#2 Old 26th Nov 2015 at 1:30 PM
You don't need a mod to use the space underneath stairs. Just put stuff there. You may want to use bb.moveobjects though.

Or do you mean objects like these built-in shelves: http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=526023 (TS2) ?

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.
Scholar
#3 Old 26th Nov 2015 at 6:38 PM
There is this: http://www.thesimsresource.com/down...ms4/id/1288321/
you will still need to use bb.moveobjects on to place it. it also says "The dresser works only on one Side - so make sure your Sim can go in front of it on the right side"
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 26th Nov 2015 at 7:39 PM
What I saw was a regular bookcase under the stairs...probably was with moveobjects - I considered that but hate to get into rather or not I have to run that mod all the time for the bookcase to be accessible? and I'm concerned that if I run "moveobjects" all the time, when I build additionally will it affect the placement of routine objects? I did consider that and was simply hoping there was a staircase mod that stood alone. I know, I'm expecting a bit too much I think lol BTW I was aware of the dresser item on TSR which also requires "moveobjects". I guess I'll just have to get acquainted with running bb.moveobjects on - all the time :-P Thank you both for commenting. (Comments, unless trolling, kind of validate that the OP isn't completely crazy :-D ...off track maybe but not crazy!)
Forum Resident
#5 Old 27th Nov 2015 at 4:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Skanning
What I saw was a regular bookcase under the stairs...probably was with moveobjects - I considered that but hate to get into rather or not I have to run that mod all the time for the bookcase to be accessible? and I'm concerned that if I run "moveobjects" all the time, when I build additionally will it affect the placement of routine objects? I did consider that and was simply hoping there was a staircase mod that stood alone. I know, I'm expecting a bit too much I think lol BTW I was aware of the dresser item on TSR which also requires "moveobjects". I guess I'll just have to get acquainted with running bb.moveobjects on - all the time :-P Thank you both for commenting. (Comments, unless trolling, kind of validate that the OP isn't completely crazy :-D ...off track maybe but not crazy!)

You can turn moveobjects off again. From what I've tried with certain places under stairs, routing might work. The routing issue will still work either way, moveobjects doesn't affect routing, just placement. If it works in that position, it will work with it off too