Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
#51 Old 18th Sep 2011 at 10:08 PM
Quote: Originally posted by auntielynds
I get it all the time. Don't know if I should, but I just ignore it.
I'm running on my laptop, Intel Core 2 Duo, P7350 2.00GHz, 4.00GB ram

and my PC, Core i5-650 Dual-Core 3.2GHz 8GB ram

I get the message on both.

Ok, thought I was the only one.
Yeah I don't think we're supposed to ignore it though.
It really makes me nervous.
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#52 Old 25th Sep 2011 at 7:06 PM
Alright....ready to scream here! Since the Generations patch, CAW refused to open for me. So, as suggested, backed up the user stuff, and uninstalled and reinstalled, but now I get the message, "Your currently installed version of the game is not compatible with Create-A-World. You must reinstall Create-A-World. First, back up your world files and uninstall Create-A-World. Then, download the new version of Create-A-World, and install the new version.". But I JUST did that! Am I getting an old version somehow, instead of the latest one? I got it from the link in the first post, that goes to the Sims 3 site. Also, I JUST updated the game manually, using the supposedly latest patch, even though I already had it. Did that, backed up CAW, uninstalled it, reinstalled with the "latest", and now it doesn't like me. Well, still, but at least now I get an error message, instead of the nothing I was getting. I do NOT have Generations yet, and this issue is the main reason for that. Have Ambitions and Late Night expansions, though. Totally frustrated here, beyond frustrated.....have a great world almost done, and can't finish it since this issue started.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
Original Poster
#53 Old 26th Sep 2011 at 12:16 AM
LadyGreenEyes649, follow the link in the first post to Kiritra's thread. It's just under the screenshot of the error you're describing.
Field Researcher
#54 Old 27th Sep 2011 at 7:16 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
LadyGreenEyes649, follow the link in the first post to Kiritra's thread. It's just under the screenshot of the error you're describing.

Yeah, located the thread, and have several solutions from there! Have I mentioned that people here are AWESOME?? Have actually directed people here for solutions, that share the frustration with EA "support". Thanks!
Lab Assistant
#55 Old 10th Oct 2011 at 12:37 AM
I was having a problem that isn't listed. I'd get the caw flash screen and then it would shut down, no error windows, nothing.

I did a clean install of Sims, EPs and Stuff packs and used the appropriate version of CAW (I have OL and used 1.11.4 and it was still happening. Until I tried to run CAW as administrator. It came right up.

Inspire. Dream. Hope. Believe. Imagine. Create.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
Original Poster
#56 Old 15th Oct 2011 at 10:03 AM
Thanks for that, JadedSidhe- that would imply that you have your game installed to the default location (Program Files or Program Files(x86))? If so then I would always advise to install CAW and The Sims 3 to a different location anyway (for example, C:\ Games) so that the files are not affected by UAC. By running the exe as an administrator you managed to bypass the UAC restriction.

I've added this to the first post!
Test Subject
#57 Old 15th Oct 2011 at 4:09 PM
um my generations compatability is at 8 and I just noticed!!!! How can I make it 9!? please help I wanna create a world so bad!
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
Original Poster
#58 Old 15th Oct 2011 at 5:01 PM
Lab Assistant
#59 Old 16th Oct 2011 at 1:10 PM
Yes, its in x86 program files.

I got the idea of trying to run it as administrator from back when there was (maybe still is) problems downloading from the store. The only way I could do it was to run the browser as admin.

I'm not sure if I made it clear in my earlier post, (or if its important) but I turned off automatic updates, so my game is only patched up to what came with OL.

Glad I could help.

Inspire. Dream. Hope. Believe. Imagine. Create.
Test Subject
#60 Old 7th Nov 2011 at 3:03 AM
whenever I open my CAW tool, it automatically closes without even telling me any error or anything, its just, it closes automatically. i don't even know what to do... :<
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
Original Poster
#61 Old 7th Nov 2011 at 5:30 PM
danilosim, try this, which was mentioned in the first post:

CAW opening screen flashes, but CAW will not run:
JadedSidhe advises a solution to this problem in this post. Running the CAW executable as an administrator will bypass any UAC restrictions which cause this problem.
Another way of preventing this issue would be to install your CAW tool and the Sims 3 game to a non-default location, for example C:\ Games. This would ensure that UAC does not affect the running of your game.

If that doesn't work, try some of the other things in the first post:

Clear Caches
Remove in-game CC
Check patch levels
Make the CAW executable Large Address Aware (if you have more than 2Gb RAM)
Check for Version Mismatch Error

Details for all of those things are in the first post, with links.
Test Subject
#62 Old 11th Nov 2011 at 1:00 PM
This may be a not-so-common problem to every CAW-sters. Well mine, whenever I click the icon of Edit-in-game, the screen where we edit the world turns blue for about a second or two, then, it shows up the world again. When it is supposed to turn black for it to load the game itself, mine just shows up the world again and the same menus. I don't know if there's something wrong with my game or with CAW. I already updated CAW to patch 1.13 something something. I already have the complete set of Sims 3 (from Stuff Packs to Expansion Packs). I'm happy I created my first world yet I can't edit it in-game.

I don't know if I'm just impatient or what but nothing shows up.
Please, anybody knows how to fix this?!
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
Original Poster
#63 Old 13th Nov 2011 at 10:36 PM
That sounds like you have a version mismatch, make sure that all of your EPs and SPs are fully patched (not just the basegame/ latest EP) and then check your default.ini files:
http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?p=3661479
Test Subject
#64 Old 16th Nov 2011 at 3:45 PM
Urg.... I just don't get it and now I'm getting really tired that it’s making it seem even more confusing.

Originally I just want to change one or two things in the pre-made sunset valley town that I like to play with because it wouldn't let me place a lot where I wanted to, which I've only had this problem since I brought generations, ambitions and late night. So I'm wandering it had something to do with that?

But then I thought that maybe I could use create a world and change a few more things but when I loaded the down all the buildings and trees and such; a sided from the roads were missing so I thought I'd use the base layout and make my own town to my liking but I soon learnt to save after every little thing I changed as it kept on and off coming up with Crashing errors, Saving Errors and Loading Errors and I've been tiring to read things on how to fix this but it just going it one ear and out the other. I just don't get it. And now I can't even open my back-ups. =(

Can someone PLEASE help me? I'm going home to sleep now and de-stress but it would be really awesome if someone could help and then maybe I can fix it tomorrow. Maybe......

P.S. sorry if I'm posting in the wrong place, this is the first time I've had to write in this site.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
Original Poster
#65 Old 16th Nov 2011 at 5:32 PM
Zaidee, what exactly are the errors you are getting? You can post a screenshot if you like.

Also, post your game versions for ALL EPs, SPs and basegame:
http://simswiki.info/wiki.php?title...ind_Gameversion
And also let us know which version of CAW you are running. Instructions for that in the above link also.
Test Subject
#66 Old 17th Nov 2011 at 3:00 AM
Well, I'm not sure if this is right but this is what I found in regard to my version of sims.

As for the problems I've had, I've seen all of these.
I've had it crash more often then I'd like.

And I've had this 50% of the times I try to save, sorry borrow this from the first post as I can't open my town at all now.

I get this when I open any of my files but when I open the pre-made sunset valley, then I get a blank town like this.

and is I don't get the file loading error above which still allows me to edit my town then I get this below which doesn’t allow me to open my file at all.

Thanks for trying to help me. Hope I can fix it soon.
Lab Assistant
#67 Old 17th Nov 2011 at 11:48 AM
I tried everything but it still doesn't work i get that message from attempt to read or write protected memory,...
It's no LAA crash because behind Free Virtual Memory stood more than 200 Mb
I have the EP's Late Night, Ambitions, World Adventures and Pets.

Please help!
Space Pony
#68 Old 19th Nov 2011 at 5:18 PM Last edited by ruffdog24 : 21st Nov 2011 at 4:25 PM.
CAW will flash then nothing happens, I've tried to run as admin and went to advanced settings so caw would always run as admin but still nothing.
My virtual memory exceeds 200 MB and I've tried to update CAW but since I have pets I'm not sure what CAW needs to be updated to.
I also uninstalled all of my sim games except the base game then re-installed them, I also uninstalled and re installed CAW using auntielynds latest version. I also don't have any caches and all of my mods are in a folder on my desktop. Thanks in advanced
Space Pony
#69 Old 24th Nov 2011 at 5:33 AM
Haha I figured it out not sure exactly how or if this works for others but it did for me so I'll post it.
Oh and the caw opening screen would flash open for me then close and nothing would happen and I tried run as admin but it didn't work.
Sorry I can't post pics not sure how to do that either.
But anyway what I did was I moved my saved game and mods on to my desktop, then I I deleted all of my sim games and caw I then deleted all of the caches, then since on my computer you can open the start up menu and search for what ever you want I looked for everything sim related and caw related except for my saved game and mods and deleted it. Then a searched for caches there are caches on your computer that aren't just in the game folder and caw folder so I deleted those also. I then restarted my computer and ran disk clean up and then disk defragment, then I re downloaded my games (in order of what came out first) having the folders saved under C:\Program Files (x86)\Acer Games then I opened firefox (not sure why it matters but someone on the origin help told me to do it) and went to the sims website and downloaded caw and saved it under C:\Program Files (x86)\Acer Games as well. And it works, sorry if this is vague but I just kind of stumbled on it, not really sure what I did. But I thought I would let all of you know in case it helps you
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
Original Poster
#70 Old 25th Nov 2011 at 7:58 PM
Zaidee, you need to patch Ambitions, Late Night and WA:
http://simswiki.info/wiki.php?title...elp:Patch_Table
http://simswiki.info/wiki.php?title...wnload/Archived
Then download and install the latest version of CAW.

Then check your game versions as in this thread:
http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=457349

[Shelly1991 I'm helping in that thread instead of this one]

ruffdog24- basically what you did was to make sure your game was fully updated and to run the latest version of CAW, and delete all caches as mentioned in the first post. The other caches you mention could have been in your Virtual Store, or perhaps they were in a shared library. Well done for getting it to work!
Test Subject
#71 Old 27th Nov 2011 at 1:50 AM
Well this is I guess an old problem with CAW and there are a lot of solutions mentioned, but before I try them all I'd gladly know which one could actually solve the problem. I'd be really thankful for any help, because I've been working on my world for half a year and now after buying new expatiation packs I can't finish it.

I had Sims 3 Deluxe + WA. I already had to fix CAW when I bought the game, because Generations where out, but I didn't have it. Somehow I got CAW to work, but it crashed (corrupt memory message) - most likely it did so when I tried to save it after using sculpt or painting. It worked fine with objects and trees and didn't give me any error messages.

Recently I added Late Night, Generations and Pets to my game. I guess I have latest version of game with all the patches even thought I'm not that sure how and where to check it. Because I didn't update the game until the moment when I added new the expansion packs. I reinstalled and installed from new CAW. It opened and I was happy, because lat time it didn't. CAW works, but it doesn't let me do anything with the world I'm working on. The world is large and has a lot of objects already, but I guess it shouldn't be the problem. It crashes when I try to use sculpt. It also crashes when I try to save my game.

I have Windows 7 (32 bits) and 4 GB RAM. I have mods for my sims, but I take them out every time I run CAW and delete the catch files, so it shouldn't be the case. I don't know how it is with other CC, that doesn't appear in MODS folder.

It wouldn't be nice to start everything from new and I'm not sure if it will work even than. So I'll be thankful for any help what to do first, because reinstalling and installing game didn't work for me last time, it just eats away time.

I also couldn't open EIG, but I have no idea if it works, because I can't really work with my world for now.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
Original Poster
#72 Old 27th Nov 2011 at 9:31 AM
forstbergs13, first thing to do is to backup your files, and then you won't lose anything. Copy Documents\ Electronic Arts\ The Sims 3 and Documents\ Electronic Arts\ The Sims 3 Create A World Tool to a safe place.

Next thing I would check is your install location. I would advise to install in a folder you have created yourself rather than in the Program Files folder. This is because UAC is active on the system folders, so installing to a location such as C:\ Games makes sure that UAC will not interfere.

Then, check that you have made your version of CAW Large Adress Aware, so that it can use your 4Gb RAM. There are instructions and links for this in the first post.

Check that your Sims 3 game is fully updated- we have found in some cases that the patch levels of the expansion packs matter for CAW, so patch them all and then we can rule that out as being a problem. Be aware that the Launcher will only patch the basegame and your last EP. There are links to our patch tutorials and the EA patch downloads in the first post.

Once you are fully patched check your versions in the default.ini files, to make sure that CAW is fully reading all of the game files. To do this, follow the link in the first post to kiritra's game compatibility versions guide, which is under the title 'Version Mismatch Error'.

The problems you are having (EIG not working, sudden CAW crashes) are usually all solved by following those steps.
Field Researcher
#73 Old 1st Dec 2011 at 7:47 PM
My big problem seems to only be when trying to edit a pre-pets, prepopulated neighborhood in EIG with CAW- I have a large island I made quite some time ago, and I wanted to add Pets lots to spots I'd left empty for them, and Pets items to other lots- then planned to Porter in pets or add pets once things were figured out as to how- however, even just altering/building lots- even just community lots and NOT houses people live in, I get a save error in EIG, (with or without CAW still in bg). If I had CAW shut down while in EIG, I then get the error message about cannot open package (suddenly can't remember the actual wording and forgot to screencap last time I tried)

If CAW was running, I get the 'CAW has crashed, memory may be corrupt' message as soon as it tries to wake up.

This ONLY happens with that one, prepopulated world, and I am hoping desperately I don't have to re-port and re-populate every Sim the hard way- since I don't think I could get my hands on all the service Sims I made again. Anyone have any suggestions/thoughts?

Oh and respectively I have tried on both Win7 64-bit and Win XP 32-bit (desktop and laptop) and both machines have 4GB of RAM, and this world IS one that was taking over 30 minutes to save at all in EIG mode by the time I was done with it.

I added generations stuff to community lots fine, and unoccupied lots when that came out, but Pets is breaking it even just trying with those- I am able to work with new worlds, and unoccupied worlds easily.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
Original Poster
#74 Old 2nd Dec 2011 at 8:01 AM
This seems to be a common problem with user populated worlds, there doesn't seem to be a successful way to edit them. I'm seeing people mention this on the thread about opening pre-packed worlds too, so it seems to be something inherent with pre-populated worlds which is unstable.

The corrupt memory message seems to mean that CAW has basically run out of memory because you're asking it to do something impossible.
Field Researcher
#75 Old 3rd Dec 2011 at 8:40 AM
This seems to be a common problem with user populated worlds, there doesn't seem to be a successful way to edit them. I'm seeing people mention this on the thread about opening pre-packed worlds too, so it seems to be something inherent with pre-populated worlds which is unstable.

The corrupt memory message seems to mean that CAW has basically run out of memory because you're asking it to do something impossible.

UGH. Is this also meaning porting/populating worlds anew is also borked? I do have an unpopulated version, but if I can't even repopulate and save it in EIG once, no sense bothering to reopen. (Also now worried about plans for current projects in progress..)
Page 3 of 9