Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
#26 Old 19th Jun 2009 at 6:31 PM
I kind of miss bathing my babies and yes going to restaurants/clubs even though I imagine there will be an ep that will enable clubs and restaurants eventually.

"I'll never understand why weather wasn't included" =seasons type Ep
"They make beautiful UNSWIMMABLE beaces. W T F?"= vacation BV type Ep
Notice how there isn't any pets? that will probably be our next Ep
of course it's all about making the money.
Advertisement
Test Subject
#27 Old 19th Jun 2009 at 6:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by petwaitress
I kind of miss bathing my babies and yes going to restaurants/clubs even though I imagine there will be an ep that will enable clubs and restaurants eventually.

"I'll never understand why weather wasn't included" =seasons type Ep
"They make beautiful UNSWIMMABLE beaces. W T F?"= vacation BV type Ep
Notice how there isn't any pets? that will probably be our next Ep
of course it's all about making the money.

I miss bathing my babies too because the interactions were really cute and made for some nice pictures. I liked using the changing table too. It just seems like 2 steps back instead of what should have been forward.

I also was most irritated about not being able to go into all the community lots. It may not have been so frustrating except the advertising made it seem like community lots were a huge deal in Sims 3. I never though I would have community lots that I couldn't even see inside of or actually watch as I could do in Sims 2 when I went into a restaurant! Another way I feel they took 2 steps back.

Does it appear to be easier for sims to fall in love and get married than it was in Sims 2? It seems like that to me but I hadn't been able to play in over a year. I figured with the emphasis on personality traits it would be more difficult for 2 totally opposite individuals to fall in love.
Scholar
#28 Old 19th Jun 2009 at 6:57 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Ghanima Atreides

My personal "What were they thinking?" moment was when I discovered how babies and toddlers have self-cleaning, vanishing diapers and their bottles are pulled out of mom or dad's ass.
Thanks a bunch, Ghanima, you made me laugh so hard I spit my coffee on my keyboard and almost inhale some up my windpipe. Having had a baby, I wish babies and toddlers did have self-cleaning vanishing diapers. I don't know about pulling the bottle out my, er...well I am just happy that despite having boobs like the pictured sim, I was able to nurse, after all.
Theorist
#29 Old 19th Jun 2009 at 8:12 PM
I just got Sims 2 Castaway for Wii last weekend. One thing I was surprised about is it DID have multiple body sliders. Separate sliders for torso proportion (from bigger chest and slimmer waist to smaller chest and thicker waist), arm thickness, and leg thickness. None of the Sims 2 games for PC and not even Sims 3 has that. If they could do it for Wii, why not PC? I was surprised to say the least.

Resident wet blanket.
Scholar
#30 Old 19th Jun 2009 at 8:20 PM
Sims2 console also had body sliders like you described for Castaway. That's what I was expecting for Sims3 and when I got the game, I did say "What were they thinking" when I saw this implementation of body sliders.

My real What Were They Thinking moment was finding out you couldn't dig for shells at the beach or make sand castles. Or hearing from everyone else that babies were like Sims1 Larva again.
Instructor
#31 Old 19th Jun 2009 at 9:18 PM
Maybe they are going to include the extra sliders in a future expansion pack. It wouldn't suprise me at all.

Love does not consist of two people looking at each other, but of looking together in the right direction. - Antoine de Exupery
Test Subject
#32 Old 19th Jun 2009 at 9:33 PM
My worst WTF is when chubby sims exercise tons, get thin and then GAIN ALL THE WEIGHT BACK no matter how skimpy you are with their food. If you don't put them on the treadmill every single day they get fat again. Yet if you "pump iron" with a sim they bulk up all weird-like. <sigh>
Alchemist
#33 Old 19th Jun 2009 at 9:35 PM
Quote: Originally posted by bluswans
My worst WTF is when chubby sims exercise tons, get thin and then GAIN ALL THE WEIGHT BACK no matter how skimpy you are with their food. If you don't put them on the treadmill every single day they get fat again. Yet if you "pump iron" with a sim they bulk up all weird-like. <sigh>

That's a major pet peeve of mine. That and they made so many fat townies. Fat Townies make fat children.
Instructor
#34 Old 19th Jun 2009 at 9:44 PM
Quote: Originally posted by kennyinbmore
That's a major pet peeve of mine. That and they made so many fat townies. Fat Townies make fat children.

When I had the no bus mutilation option on with Awesome mod, no one in my town was ever fat.

I took it off though cause I wanted some fat people.
Instructor
#35 Old 19th Jun 2009 at 9:49 PM
Well its called "genetics", if someone is genetically predisposed to be a land whale there is little that can be done, the body is geared towards accumulation of fat.

Also, I guess, when someone creates a Sim its safe to assume they want for the Sim to be that way ... not that the player wants for the Sim to be a muscular lingerie supermodel despite the fact the Sim looked like Jabba the Hut when created.

As for the boobs ...

Well, female Sim does not seem to start to grow a belly until about half way of the Fat slider but the boobs do get bigger but so does the thighs and butt as the muscular slider also have some effect, it seems to rotate the breasts.

So a 100% muscular/ 0% Fat Female Sim is going to be flat as a board.

And yes, I so wish we had more individual sliders instead of that overall slider ...
Instructor
#36 Old 19th Jun 2009 at 9:56 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Drakron
Well its called "genetics", if someone is genetically predisposed to be a land whale there is little that can be done, the body is geared towards accumulation of fat.

...And yet I was born into a family of morbidly obese people. Somehow, I have managed to keep from becoming like them. There's lots that can be done, it just takes a bit of work.

Also, I guess, when someone creates a Sim its safe to assume they want for the Sim to be that way ... not that the player wants for the Sim to be a muscular lingerie supermodel despite the fact the Sim looked like Jabba the Hut when created.

What if I make a Sim that starts out heavy, but wants to be an Astronaut, so she has to get fit?

Or I make Jared, the Subway guy?

Heavy people do sometimes get smaller IRL.

Count no Sim lucky until he is dead.
Alchemist
#37 Old 19th Jun 2009 at 9:56 PM
Quote: Originally posted by alyria80
When I had the no bus mutilation option on with Awesome mod, no one in my town was ever fat.

I took it off though cause I wanted some fat people.

I don't do mods
Test Subject
#38 Old 19th Jun 2009 at 10:01 PM
I don't get the thought that went into the breast part of the game.. :x I'm skinnier than my sim irl (( I swear it's not a fib or anorexia xD )) yet... I'm pretty sure that I'm not bound to a negative AA bra cup. xD

But my 'wtf? o.O' moment was from going to the park, and seeing 3 out of five people kinda... chubby. Alright, they were pretty fat. Except it seemed to only be their belly and neck. o.o;;
Instructor
#39 Old 19th Jun 2009 at 10:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CleoTheMuse
...And yet I was born into a family of morbidly obese people. Somehow, I have managed to keep from becoming like them. There's lots that can be done, it just takes a bit of work.

I am sorry but I have to call on that, my boby is the opposite were it does not accumulate fat.

Do I enjoy being a walking sack of bones? not but hell ... doing no exercise and having a fat diet changed nothing, I am skinny and that is it.

Also I use as a example fat people but many times (now) it happens not because of genes but diet habits, lets not confuse what happens due to lifestyle and what happens because of genetic pre-disposition, also just because your family have a certain trait does not mean you necessary will have it ... just because one of your family member is diabetic (like my late grandfather) does not necessary means you will.

Obesity can be a illness, even if it people will use that as a excuse does not change the fact for many people their body mass is unfortunatly outside their control.
Instructor
#40 Old 19th Jun 2009 at 10:31 PM
...lets not confuse what happens due to lifestyle and what happens because of genetic pre-disposition, also just because your family have a certain trait does not mean you necessary will have it ... just because one of your family member is diabetic (like my late grandfather) does not necessary means you will.

Obesity can be a illness, even if it people will use that as a excuse does not change the fact their body mass is outside their control.

Trust me, in my family it's definitely genetic...and I definitely inherited the gene(s)!

I have to work at staying small. If I slack off, even for a few days, the weight starts to creep up. So, in that respect TS3 has it right...You would have to be on the treadmill every day to stay slim. But you were making the claim that someone who had made a heavy Sim would want them to be heavy forever...which from a story writing perspective, I can say that's not true.

You said, "If someone is genetically predisposed to be a land whale there is little that can be done."

I was taking issue with this statement since it is definitely not true...and with the use of the term "land whale" which shows an amazing lack of sensitivity towards the people who are heavy.

Instructor
#41 Old 19th Jun 2009 at 10:40 PM
Oh, that ... I mean more like in TS2 were we only need to watch the fat/muscular slider and not worry about a Sim getting far or getting out of shape much.

TS2 have no body genetics besides skintone, of course it actually had some simple genetic model as TS3 seem to have some body genetics on shape but no genetic model outside a simple inherit chance percentage.
Instructor
#42 Old 19th Jun 2009 at 10:47 PM
Trust me, in my family it's definitely genetic...and I definitely inherited the gene(s)!

I have to work at staying small. If I slack off, even for a few days, the weight starts to creep up. So, in that respect TS3 has it right...You would have to be on the treadmill every day to stay slim. But you were making the claim that someone who had made a heavy Sim would want them to be heavy forever...which from a story writing perspective, I can say that's not true.

You said, "If someone is genetically predisposed to be a land whale there is little that can be done."

I was taking issue with this statement since it is definitely not true...and with the use of the term "land whale" which shows an amazing lack of sensitivity towards the people who are heavy.

Given your description it sounds like the game has it right. You can change but you'll always gravitate towards a certain size.
Instructor
#43 Old 19th Jun 2009 at 10:48 PM
I don't do mods

Well then I hope you find tubby chicks as hawt as I do. :p
Test Subject
#44 Old 20th Jun 2009 at 6:49 AM
I'll never understand why weather wasn't included

Umm.. so they can sell it to you AGAIN later (if in fact you purchased it for sims 2)...

that would be my guess
Test Subject
#45 Old 20th Jun 2009 at 7:19 AM
I don't do mods

and your on a site called modthesims....lol nice=] made me giggle. heh.
my what are they thinking moment was when i saw my sim teleport into and out of a car. were they too damn lazy to make a walking and getting into and out of a car animation? they had it in the sims 2 o.0 they randomly just get rid of it in the sims 3. this is supposed to be about progression -.- clearly EA knows nothing of this~! anyway, and a traffic system, we have an open neighborhood but somehow it feels the same, anyway, the traffic system, i would like it if we had more realistic traffic isues, like traffic jams and having a car go around another car or having to wait behind it instead of just passing through a car like its some kind of "realistic ghost" =D
Lab Assistant
#46 Old 20th Jun 2009 at 11:02 AM
What if I make a Sim that starts out heavy, but wants to be an Astronaut, so she has to get fit?

Or I make Jared, the Subway guy?

Ahah, that made my day.
I thought about creating a chubby sim and make him loose weight, as it would be an additional challenge, and I'm curious about how exactly you loose the weight.
I have those two twin sisters, they are born to lean parents. One is athletic, works out a lot, is extremely lean and rather muscular. The other one does a cardio workout every other day, and I noticed that she is getting rather muscular and not losing weight, in fact she's almost to the half of the fat slider. She does only cardio workouts, no strenght ones, and has never eaten when she was not hungry. Weird, really weird. I don't like this at all.
Alchemist
#47 Old 20th Jun 2009 at 6:53 PM
Quote: Originally posted by NiKKname
and your on a site called modthesims....lol nice=] made me giggle. heh.
my what are they thinking moment was when i saw my sim teleport into and out of a car. were they too damn lazy to make a walking and getting into and out of a car animation? they had it in the sims 2 o.0 they randomly just get rid of it in the sims 3. this is supposed to be about progression -.- clearly EA knows nothing of this~! anyway, and a traffic system, we have an open neighborhood but somehow it feels the same, anyway, the traffic system, i would like it if we had more realistic traffic isues, like traffic jams and having a car go around another car or having to wait behind it instead of just passing through a car like its some kind of "realistic ghost" =D

lol, it's a cool site for discussing the game, but I've never modded my game.

Quote: Originally posted by alyria80
Well then I hope you find tubby chicks as hawt as I do. :p

I kind of do
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
#48 Old 20th Jun 2009 at 7:20 PM
Genetics does not enable one to violate the laws of conservation of mass. You will notice how a thousand years ago, very few people were fat. Why? Because they DIDN'T HAVE ANY FOOD. People aren't genetically predisposed to being fat, they're predisposed towards fuel economy, and become fat when they then eat like starving people when they are not, in fact, starving. If they quit stuffing their faces, they wouldn't end up like whales. No amount of genetics enables one to violate the Law of Conservation of Mass.

That's sort of the reason why sims are coded to revert over time (and not that anti-physics-nonsense), but unfortunately it also makes it impossible for the player to change anything.

As for the boobs ...

Well, female Sim does not seem to start to grow a belly until about half way of the Fat slider but the boobs do get bigger but so does the thighs and butt as the muscular slider also have some effect, it seems to rotate the breasts.

So a 100% muscular/ 0% Fat Female Sim is going to be flat as a board.
Internally, the game does't implement the "Fatness" slider below the midpoint as "fat". A sim actually has 3 attributes, "muscle", "fatness", and "thinness". If you give a sim "fatness" in CAS below the middle point, you are instead making them unusually stick-skinny and this is why they are flat and look like they have anorexia when you drag it all the way down. Increasing the muscle slider then simply makes them even more flat.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Test Subject
#49 Old 20th Jun 2009 at 7:24 PM Last edited by NiKKname : 21st Jun 2009 at 6:43 AM.
mehh... another what were they thinking moment was when u have a really skinny girl thats really muscular and she has less than an a cup
Instructor
#50 Old 22nd Jun 2009 at 9:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by HaphazardSim
Am I the only one losing interest as more and more information on this expansion is released?

Expansion?

Page 2 of 4