Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 14th Jun 2010 at 1:54 AM
Default UGLY people in s3
Hey is it just me or are there a lot of ugly people in the sims 3?
i'm playing the lindgrabs and Melcome's face looks green.
the baylor or something like that in my opinion are ugly no amount of hair changing clothes can make them better is there a cheat to edit them?
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 14th Jun 2010 at 4:15 AM
In my opinion there's not many ugly sims in Sunset Valley/Riverview (at least not what I can remember, Sims 3 Launcher refuses to install Sims3Pack files since I after I reinstalled The Sims 3 =/ )

But in Twinbrook, that's a different story.
I've mainly encountered ugly demons in Twinbrook..

E.g.

He can stare into your soul....
Banned
#3 Old 14th Jun 2010 at 4:16 AM
Those ears! Those eyes! It must be a Bayless!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 14th Jun 2010 at 4:29 AM
twin brook thats what i meant the bayless family is ugly
Scholar
#5 Old 14th Jun 2010 at 4:38 AM
I don't know how to cheat to edit the townies unless you have some sort of mod installed, which I do not, not at this time. It's not just you. Many of the EA made sims are ugly, especially the women, in my opinion. Some of the men are okay. They do some incredibly odd things with facial sculpting. I don't expect beauty pageant level beauty but I have been shocked at how oddly distorted a lot of the faces are shaped. Take Hal Breckenridge of Riverview for instance. He's not a bad looking sim guy but when you take a look at him in CAS you'll see he has oversized eyes. Seriously oversized. It makes no sense. I've dissected quite a few townies in CAS and been shocked at how badly sculpted they are. I guess the artist was trying to go for character? I don't know. There's a whole lot of fug going on. But I have to hand it to them, every now and then they made some who are keepers. My favorite Sims3 sim of any in my library is an EA made one, not one of mine.

The green tint is something I noticed, too. It's one of the EA skintones--I think it's supposed to be like a so-called olive skintone, sort of like my own. But it can look kind of sickly in Sims. Skin coloring issues is another of my concerns with Sims 3. Honestly I'm not too crazy about how dark brown skintones look on my pc in Sims 3. To be honest I think they didn't do so hot with skintones at all in Sims2, either. But with Sims3 there's an issue with darker brown skin that I don't see with the light skins.

With Sims3, even with most of the custom skins I've tried, brown and dark brown skintones look painfully blotchy. I feel bad that as a result most of my Sims3 sims tend to be medium to light skinned. I've got some beautifully sculpted black sims of both genders but they are blotchy and it pains me to see them in game when I know how beautiful they could have been from having seen them look NOT blotched in CAS. The skin is broken down into distracting red, yellowish and dark brown pixelation kind of distortion. The darkest skin coloring I can seem to get without this ugly distortion would be a medium tan color. I wish I knew how to fix this problem.

I had so many gorgeous dark skinned sims in Sims2, thanks to custom skintones. I used to make my own custom dark brown skintones, so I know there was, even with Sims2, a tendency for very dark skin to distort into blotchy patterns. It's a reason I never released a very intense dark brown version of my custom skintones. I tried to make them but the quality wasn't up to my standards. Still, I managed to get the skin dark enough to approximate some of my favorite real life black and brown skintones. In Sims2 my dark skinned sims were some of my most beautiful. But in Sims3, once I get the sliders for the skintones down to get the exact brown shade I want, I get that horrid blotching. I have this issue even with my new graphics card, high settings, appropriate drivers, etc. I won't rule out that it's a problem on my end, but I have some skepticisim about that.

What if one little pop could open a world of wonder
So sensory, so satisfying. It's the magic Friskies makes happen every day in so many ways
Friskies, feed the senses. Cat sez eff that, gimme cheezburgers.
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 14th Jun 2010 at 4:45 AM
I use, uuh... Totally forgot the name of the male skintone maker, default replacement skins though (hairy body, ish... someone ought to know). And I use one of LadyFrontbums female default skintones, along with her child and toddler default tones.

EA skintones are pretty bad in my opinion, on the other hand I get a good giggle when I see a overweight (male) sim at the local pool, especially if his swimming garment doesn't include a shirt. BIG abs on a HUGE stomach is hilarious.

Either way, they really ought've put down more work into the face sculpting at least...

Another thing I noticed is that most of the Twinbrook residents my sims fraternize with, started out as old adults/almost elders, some of them are dead now, the rest are close to death...

It's odd...
Alchemist
#7 Old 14th Jun 2010 at 9:21 AM
Quote: Originally posted by summersong86
To be honest I think they didn't do so hot with skintones at all in Sims2, either. But with Sims3 there's an issue with darker brown skin that I don't see with the light skins.

With Sims3, even with most of the custom skins I've tried, brown and dark brown skintones look painfully blotchy. I feel bad that as a result most of my Sims3 sims tend to be medium to light skinned.

what i dont like about the darker sims 3 skintones is how indeed, it looks in game. but not for blotchiness.
say you want to make a character who is a 'drow' for w/e reason. very dark skin, light hair, etc etc.
it might all look fine in CAS, but as soon as i click 'finish' and theyre released into the game...
its like lighting doesnt apply to them despite being solid creatures.
or the game thinks that because theyre so DARK, they couldnt possibly be subject to gradual shading and lighting effects.

as a result, my black sims end up looking like silhouettes with eyeballs. not my favorite.

( also, my story progression seems to take joy in my misery and practically all of the sims that migrate to my towns are black black or tan somehow. and for some reason, even if a tan sim isnt THAT tan, if they mate with a lighter sim, the skin always turns out darker on w/e babies they have. see where this is going?
so i am constantly having to watch the ratio of races in my towns and periodically manually insert some diversity. pain in the... )

"The more you know, the sadder you get."~ Stephen Colbert
"I'm not going to censor myself to comfort your ignorance." ~ Jon Stewart
Versigtig, ek's nog steeds fokken giftig
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 14th Jun 2010 at 11:14 AM
There are some ugly sims in TS3. There were ugly ones in TS1 and TS2 as well. I'm not sure why EA feesl the urge to clutter up my nieghborhoods with ugliness, and it isn't just the faces that are ugly, some of them have some horrible traits as well. They do sometimes get it right, Don Lothario, Billy Caspian and Sherman Bagley are all pretty nice looking. Christopher Steel, after a few turns at the gym and a new haircut is pretty cute and he is a good dad to his two daughters in my SV game.

I usually load up my neighborhoods with single CAS sims and let them go wild, witht he idea that they will repopulate the town with better looking sims. I usually wait for the townies to die off and replace them with CAS sims.

What I don't get is that I have made some very nice looking CAS sims, without the aid of mods or slider hacks. Why couldn't EA do the same?
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
#9 Old 14th Jun 2010 at 11:27 AM
They put ugly sims in neighborhoods because, quite frankly, real neighborhoods aren't just full of beautiful people, and 90% of the world population is, in fact, rather ugly.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 14th Jun 2010 at 11:29 AM
Quote: Originally posted by J. M. Pescado
They put ugly sims in neighborhoods because, quite frankly, real neighborhoods aren't just full of beautiful people, and 90% of the world population is, in fact, rather ugly.

Good point and 100% true, unfortunately.
Fucking Awesome Nutbag
#11 Old 14th Jun 2010 at 11:34 AM
I guess I am the remaining 10%.
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
#12 Old 14th Jun 2010 at 12:48 PM
Look on the bright side: Breed with random townies for a few generations and everyone will be generic pudding.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Forum Resident
#13 Old 14th Jun 2010 at 2:36 PM
oh my god pescado said something funny. i am in shock.
Lab Assistant
#14 Old 14th Jun 2010 at 6:34 PM
I would like to see pictures of everyone that think the default people's ugly
Lab Assistant
#15 Old 14th Jun 2010 at 6:41 PM
Quote: Originally posted by J. M. Pescado

I beg to differ, at least where I live most people are breedable. Wow that sounds bad.

Either way. I've never met people as UGLY as in The Sims 3 (Twinbrook especially, Riverview/Sunset Valley looks OK in my opinion). Just look at those ears, and that face!

He can stare into your soul...

Quote: Originally posted by FlyingEvil
I would like to see pictures of everyone that think the default people's ugly

I'll get right to it.
Theorist
#16 Old 14th Jun 2010 at 6:46 PM
No Ugly is quite different than "not supermodel quality" everyone has flaws but not so much that they barely look human, I have no problem with RV & SV sims but TB sims are just scary!

Hi I'm Paul!
Theorist
#17 Old 14th Jun 2010 at 8:29 PM
I like the Twinbrook sims. Oh sure they're kind of ugly, but at least they look unique and a lot more creative than the previous towns. I didn't care for Sunset Valley and Riverview sims, they didn't look a whole lot different than the generic happy moon-pie puddingface sims that the game auto-generates as townies and NPCs. TB sims look a lot more realistic - people in real life ARE this ugly, if not uglier. I'm not talking about the photogenic models and celebrities that grace websites, magazines, TV, and movies. I'm not even talking about the young, vain, and self-conscious that you might see at high school and college. I'm talking about regular every-day folks, people who are out of school, married with children, and just don't care any more. Spend time in any public place (i.e. Wal-mart) and you'll see they are the majority. For example, TB sims are no uglier, and in most cases, better looking, than the real people photographed at http://www.peopleofwalmart.com.

I give EA props for at least spending the time to make unique less pudding-y faces for Twinbrook.

Resident wet blanket.
Test Subject
#18 Old 14th Jun 2010 at 9:50 PM
what are TB sims?
Alchemist
#19 Old 14th Jun 2010 at 9:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by rct3rock321
what are TB sims?

TwinBrook - new town w/Ambitions EP.

"The more you know, the sadder you get."~ Stephen Colbert
"I'm not going to censor myself to comfort your ignorance." ~ Jon Stewart
Versigtig, ek's nog steeds fokken giftig
Banned
#20 Old 14th Jun 2010 at 10:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by GnatGoSplat
For example, TB sims are no uglier, and in most cases, better looking, than the real people photographed at .

At least their faces a symmetrical. Real faces are not. Well they are Sims, after all!

But there is a correlation between beautify and symmetry. About a century ago, some researchers decided to do a profile as to what criminals look like. So they got pictures of a lot of criminals and made a composite drawomg. And low and behold, everyone thought the composite criminal looked pretty attractive. In making the composite drawing, they put a lot of symmetry into the facial features.

So sims have the advantage of having symmetrical features. But even that does not save the Bayless clan!

Then, of course, there is the statistical concept of regression towards the mean. Simply put, over several generations, the offspring of the weirder mutations will become more normal. And the offspring of abnormally beautify sims will also become more mediocre. It's why the "remove the ugly gene" challenge has statistics on the side of the gamer -- at least to getting rid of the ugly. Creating beautiful is more of a challenge.

Plus the sims are not overwhelmingly overweight.
Banned
#21 Old 14th Jun 2010 at 10:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by rct3rock321
what are TB sims?

Sims with tuberculosis.
Forum Resident
#22 Old 14th Jun 2010 at 10:33 PM
I'll call this batch of Sims "Death by Pudding"
Theorist
#23 Old 14th Jun 2010 at 11:05 PM
ROFL @ POW I love that site XD

I wouldn't compare them to twinbrook though, I didn't find any one on that site to be as ugly as TB though, and if that's the low of our society then our society isn't THAT ugly

Hi I'm Paul!
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
#24 Old 15th Jun 2010 at 12:04 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Dojan5
I beg to differ, at least where I live most people are breedable. Wow that sounds bad.
I argue that you simply have really low standards.

Quote: Originally posted by tjstreak
Then, of course, there is the statistical concept of regression towards the mean. Simply put, over several generations, the offspring of the weirder mutations will become more normal.
The reason this happens much faster in TS3 is because of "Vanilla Pudding Syndrome". Every single other sim the game generates other than the premades will be a "Vanilla Pudding" that has no facial features at all. Since a given facial feature has a 50/50 shot of being inherited, as more Vanilla Pudding is added to the mix, it rapidly dominates and takes over.

Scholar
#25 Old 15th Jun 2010 at 12:08 PM Last edited by juansfalcin : 30th Sep 2014 at 3:15 PM.
That's why I gave all townies in Sunset Valley a facelift with Awesomemod. Now they look pretty and not a freakshow. :D
Page 1 of 4