Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Forum Resident
#26 Old 21st Aug 2011 at 12:41 PM Last edited by missy harries : 21st Aug 2011 at 12:58 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Element Leaf
A baby can't be created in a "tummy" or gut. It's the same reason women can't get pregnant from -ahem- swallowing sperm.

Creating a sperm-like cell is one thing. Creating an area for a fetus to develop within the human body is another thing entirely.

If they can do it in a test tube then I don't see why not. Look, fist pregnant man

EDIT: Intresting article on aforementioned site.

Disclaimer: These are the personally, personal opinions of me, myself and I. Yours may vary.
Terms & conditions do not apply
Advertisement
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#27 Old 21st Aug 2011 at 1:09 PM
That site is a performance art piece, missy harries. The female uterus is specifically made to provide a proper environment for a fetus, expanding over the course of the pregnancy, forming a placenta, and providing vital oxygen, nutrients, etc., to the fetus. There is no equivalent structure in a man, though I guess it -might- be possible for a uterus to be transplanted into a man - or there are some people born with chromosome disorders who may outwardly appear to be male, but may have some internal female organs including perhaps a functional uterus.

I think we're getting a little bit off the topic here though.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Forum Resident
#28 Old 21st Aug 2011 at 1:23 PM
Haaaaaa, I'm such a doink! Wiki

I still stand by my 'if they can do it in a test tube' though.
I don't really think male pregnancy is too off topic though since a lot of men really do want to experiance child birth and a big part of that wanting comes from how they feel about they're sexuallity. i.e. a lot of men who feel or think they are women want the whole pregnancy/birth/child rearing experience.

Disclaimer: These are the personally, personal opinions of me, myself and I. Yours may vary.
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#29 Old 21st Aug 2011 at 1:41 PM
It's probably -eventually- possible, just not possible with our current technology. Not sure why men would want to do it unless it was something like a gay couple that just really wanted to do the whole thing themselves... being pregnant sucks.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Forum Resident
#30 Old 21st Aug 2011 at 1:58 PM
Well, I used to be a late night person and you can get some intresting late night tv regarding sex and sexuallity, there was one program I remember watching regarding sex change and sexuallity. Basically there was a guy who felt he was born into the wrong body, he was physically a man be he felt he should have been a women hence the hormone therapy and a sex change (they actually showed that operation and explained how it worked........), but he stated that even after the transormation into femaledom he still didn't 'fully feel' like a women because he could not be pregnant or give birth and he needed that to feel 'whole 'especially since he was attrected to men and fully belived that 'his right as a woman' was being denied. It's intresting to note though that he did save some of his sperm.

Lab Assistant
#31 Old 22nd Aug 2011 at 11:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by HystericalParoxysm
I think we're getting a little bit off the topic here though.

I disagree. I think the subject of males becoming pregnant and giving birth is relevant to 'What factors into its definition.'

Gay males can be just as effeminate as females and want the same things they want. The same goes for females. I once knew a lesbian she was big and muscular and manly with short hair. She worked in refuse collection for a living, you know emptying heavy bins into the back of a garbage truck.

Trolling on the forums comes autonomously I am an evil sim, and I get a positive moodlet from it :D
Inventor
#32 Old 23rd Aug 2011 at 12:10 AM
Gender performance is not sexuality. They are not equal. A woman could be more "masculine" in her gender performance and be heterosexual just the same as a man could be "feminine" in his gender performance and be heterosexual. The false idea that only lesbian women act masculine and only gay men act feminine is a stereotype.

I could be wrong about your meaning, katy perry, and if so I apologize. Your post just read to me like you were suggesting that her being manly and lesbian were somehow correlated.

Which I think is important to this topic. It's important to realize and remember that gender performance has nothing to do with sexuality.

I don't know that there is a clear answer to the OP's original question.I do not believe that most humans are clearly 100% heterosexual or 100% homosexual or equally bisexual. Sexuality is fluid and can change over the course of a lifetime. And sometimes, especially for those who feel ashamed of their sexuality, they may live out their entire life performing heterosexuality while never feeling like they are truly romantically or sexually attracted to the opposite sex so there's a lot to consider.

My personal opinion on it is this: whatever a person identifies as, is what that person is, and it's really not up to me or anyone else to police their sexual identity to make sure they have had the appropriate amount of sexual experiences to know who they are.

kittens!
Lab Assistant
#33 Old 23rd Aug 2011 at 7:35 PM
Quote: Originally posted by wickedblue
Gender performance is not sexuality. They are not equal. A woman could be more "masculine" in her gender performance and be heterosexual just the same as a man could be "feminine" in his gender performance and be heterosexual. The false idea that only lesbian women act masculine and only gay men act feminine is a stereotype.

I could be wrong about your meaning, katy perry, and if so I apologize. Your post just read to me like you were suggesting that her being manly and lesbian were somehow correlated.

Which I think is important to this topic. It's important to realize and remember that gender performance has nothing to do with sexuality.

I don't know that there is a clear answer to the OP's original question.I do not believe that most humans are clearly 100% heterosexual or 100% homosexual or equally bisexual. Sexuality is fluid and can change over the course of a lifetime. And sometimes, especially for those who feel ashamed of their sexuality, they may live out their entire life performing heterosexuality while never feeling like they are truly romantically or sexually attracted to the opposite sex so there's a lot to consider.

My personal opinion on it is this: whatever a person identifies as, is what that person is, and it's really not up to me or anyone else to police their sexual identity to make sure they have had the appropriate amount of sexual experiences to know who they are.

Yes, what you are saying is correct not all gay females are masculine and not all gay males are feminine. If I suggested gender personality factored into sexuality I didn't mean to. I also know two women who are quite girly and are very much in love with each other.

I was trying to illustarate a point that some gay male couples want to have a baby themselves, so I feel this issue factors into what goes into a persons sexuality, and discussing it is not 'going off topic'.

Trolling on the forums comes autonomously I am an evil sim, and I get a positive moodlet from it :D
Fresh fruit from the bigot tree
#34 Old 29th Aug 2011 at 10:32 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Extensa5420

Interpretation: Sexual orientation that deviates from heterosexuality, or homosexuality, is evil. Homosexuals (people who perform homosexual acts) do evil things and thus are punished. If there are smart people, the smart people would know how to rid the evil or dissolve the evil by understanding sexual orientations.

No, homosexuals are not evil. They are just the confused ones, the ones that need to be helped. The victims if you prefer that word. I'm afraid to tell you I'm sure the evil people behind the "tons of genders" idea are straight.

Do not install pescado's mod. It is the one producing the errors it warns you about. Get Twallan's instead. It cleans your save file and prevents glitches.
Retired
retired moderator
#35 Old 29th Aug 2011 at 10:38 PM
Quote:
I'm afraid to tell you I'm sure the evil people behind the "tons of genders" idea are straight.

Biologists?

Come, come now. They're not evil. They just like slicing things.

CAW Wiki - A wiki for CAW users. Feel free to edit.

GON OUT, BACKSON, BISY BACKSON
Forum Resident
#36 Old 30th Aug 2011 at 12:27 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Rafe Weisz
No, homosexuals are not evil. They are just the confused ones, the ones that need to be helped.

What makes you think they're confused? I'm pretty sure they don't want or need your help either......

Field Researcher
#37 Old 30th Aug 2011 at 12:39 AM
Of couse they are confused, I mean.... they are having sex with people of their same sex, it is obvious that they don't know what they're doing.

/sarcasm

It is tedious to see that people out there simply don't understand that homosexuals are not confused people that are just lost and need someone to tell they want they really want (which obviously is being heterosexual and having a happy family with as many kids as god wants). Seriously, it does not affect your lives, why can't you just leave people alone?
Test Subject
#38 Old 19th Sep 2011 at 12:14 AM
sexuality is a label its a definition we give our selves, its comforting to know we belong in a group labled by society, but sometimes we are not correct in our self evaluation. we are not really anything, we are just human and our sense of identity does not really exist apart from in our minds, i believe that the shedding of (or rather realisation of this fact is called zen)

to be truely happy you must stop thinking about what you are because its all in your mind. "I" does not exist.

in terms of the sims sexuality is nras master controller

Page 2 of 2