Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 24th Jun 2014 at 9:47 PM
Default Passing down businesses and lifetime wants?
My sims life time want was to have 5 top level businesses. Her grandmother had the same one and achieved it. I passed the businesses down to her through the family and did the social interaction to pass it down. She now had all but didn't achieve her life time want. Does she have to open 5 new businesses?
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 24th Jun 2014 at 9:50 PM
most probably, she would have to actually have achieved it herself....
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 24th Jun 2014 at 9:56 PM
Her goal was to "own 5 top businesses". She owns them, but not good enough I guess. Lol. Anyone else know for sure?
Instructor
#4 Old 24th Jun 2014 at 9:58 PM
Try to let one of the businesses go down a level, then up it again to top level. This might trigger the LTW to register as being achieved.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#5 Old 24th Jun 2014 at 10:16 PM
You can either buy 5 businesses and get them all to rank 10 or buy one business and get it to rank 10, let it drop back to rank 9, get it back to rank 10, 5 times over and that will also fulfill the LTW. It was an old legacy trick back in the day when legacy stories were all the rage. I've never done it myself but I've seen it done in 2-3 legacy stories. If she already has five try letting all five go down a level and then getting them back up a level. I don't know if passed down business count.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#6 Old 24th Jun 2014 at 11:13 PM
I highly doubt the game tracks who started a business. I'm guessing it tracks memories of getting top business, and taking over one already at top level probably doesn't give the Sim a memory of reaching top rank. Letting it drop and going back up should grant them, and count towards LTW.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 26th Jun 2014 at 10:23 PM
thanks so much. I will attempt this. I opened one new one. I kind of enjoy businesses. Maybe I will do it again anyway...or maybe I will do one and quit. xD