Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 20th Mar 2005 at 11:02 AM Last edited by AineBreathnach : 20th Mar 2005 at 3:58 PM.
(Linking textures **found**) Now sinks and mirrors help still needed**
1.) I have made a some curtains, and I also decided to see if I could make my roller blind work on digonal walls, I didnt want to ask questions where they have already been asked, so since yesterday morning, (I have worked on this about 15 hours :weep: ) I have been on a steep learning curve! I found threads by Boblishman, Numenor and Miche , (before I looked in the wiki, duh!) and worked out how to link the diagonal file to the straight file, I now have one set of lovely working curtains, very nicely textured, HOWEVER :weep: my texture on the diagonal object is still using its original texture.
I kind of worked out that I have to link the diagonal blinds texture, to the texture of the straight blind. And I have a sneaky suspicion that it may have something to do with the shape reference file, and the GMDN ???? But I am totally stuck, :weep:
I have been reading posts for what seems like hours now and am getting nowhere very fast! So my apologies if the info is somewhere on the forum I just cannot find it!

Okay I found the information I needed for question 1) here,
One down two to go!
Hiding under procedure B (thanks Nummenor I owe you :bump: ) But will leave the question in for any other texture challenged people like me, LOL

....................................................................................................

2.)Also while on the subject, of textures, (I am making a bathroom) how do you link the mirror texture, all I get are the red x's and o's where there should be a mirror glass) I read all of Peter_Hallands posts, but he doesnt explain how he did it. :weep:

3.) And when I make a sink, I animates perfectly (took me ages to work out the water LOL) but when my poor simmie washes her hands this also reverts back to the original texture, or flashes that lovely blue flashy texture, (fine if you want a disco lighting sink, but not for my poor simmie Annie who likes things a bit more conservative LOL)

Please help and my undying gratitude to anyone that can, even if it is just to point me to the right threads, or solve part of my texture problems,

I am using the latest version of simpe, and Delphy and Miches texture tool, (the latest version.)

Thanks
Annie -x-

textures -----------> :fight:

Imagination is more important than knowledge.
Albert Einstein (1879 - 1955)
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 21st Mar 2005 at 9:22 PM
Quote: Originally posted by AineBreathnach
2.)Also while on the subject, of textures, (I am making a bathroom) how do you link the mirror texture, all I get are the red x's and o's where there should be a mirror glass) I read all of Peter_Hallands posts, but he doesnt explain how he did it. :weep:

What you need to do is in the SHPE file for the mirror, on the Parts tab, the mirror mesh (probably simple_mirror_reflection if you haven't changed it) probably refers to a cloned Material Definition. You need to change the material definition reference to be just "simple_mirror_reflection" (no hashes no guid's etc). This will use the external material definition for mirror reflections. You can then delete the cloned material definition for the reflection.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 21st Mar 2005 at 11:06 PM
Thankyou thankyou thankyou did i say thankyou yet?
**************rushing off to try it Thankyou!
Annie -x-