Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 20th Aug 2018 at 4:56 AM Last edited by KhaoticWolf : 23rd Nov 2018 at 10:13 PM.

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Kativip's Bottle Issue
Hi, I'm having a small issue using Kativip's bottles from the Violet Nightmare collection (please be aware that her custom items has some 18+ content on the website if you go there). I can't place it on any of the wall shelves in my game, but I see that it can be placed on top of a shelf based on the pictures provided.

Here are the pictures of the bottles on the shelf.
Pic 1
Pic 2

I'm at a total loss as to what I should do to get the bottles on the wall shelf. Can anyone help me?
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 20th Aug 2018 at 8:22 AM
I got the same issue. I belive the shelfs used is from her "minimalism" (spelling probebly incorrect) set. It's the kitchen set on kativip's website. There are a few cheats that have to be used but it's in the description of the shelfs (in game).
Mad Poster
#3 Old 20th Aug 2018 at 11:47 AM
She probably used cheats or OMSPs to place the bottles.

Deco items can be recategorized/fixed so they can be placed on shelves, but how difficult that is depends on which item it was cloned from. Sometimes it's enough to change a few numbers in the OBJD, and other times you have to fix one of the BHAV resources. Another thing that might help is to make the objects shiftable (if you have AL). Then (as long as the shelves are in the right height) you don't need OMSPs to place them, just the Moveobjects cheat, the Snapobjects cheat, and the button to shift the item up.
Scholar
#4 Old 20th Aug 2018 at 5:53 PM
Simmer22 pointed out the cheats I was referring to. Here are the download I as well: http://kativip.ucoz.ru/load/kativip..._gray/11-1-0-50 (more colors available) They have the shelves in your pics (if you don,t have them). The cheat codes are in the description of the objects in baymode. (I did not have the time to write this earlier as I have to get back to work).
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 21st Aug 2018 at 1:32 AM
Quote: Originally posted by simmer22
She probably used cheats or OMSPs to place the bottles.

Deco items can be recategorized/fixed so they can be placed on shelves, but how difficult that is depends on which item it was cloned from. Sometimes it's enough to change a few numbers in the OBJD, and other times you have to fix one of the BHAV resources. Another thing that might help is to make the objects shiftable (if you have AL). Then (as long as the shelves are in the right height) you don't need OMSPs to place them, just the Moveobjects cheat, the Snapobjects cheat, and the button to shift the item up.

Luckily, I was able to contact her and she confirmed that she used the OMSPs to place the objects. Thank you for help though! :D
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 21st Aug 2018 at 1:34 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Mrmo
I got the same issue. I belive the shelfs used is from her "minimalism" (spelling probebly incorrect) set. It's the kitchen set on kativip's website. There are a few cheats that have to be used but it's in the description of the shelfs (in game).

I thought it was the shelf from the minimalism set, but the shelf wasn't the issue. The Shiftable OMSPs mod was needed to place the bottles on the shelves. I hope this helps you as well!
Scholar
#7 Old 21st Aug 2018 at 5:27 AM
KhaoticWolf: Yes it was, because I did not know thats OMSPs was needed. Now I need anyone to help me use OMSPs because I do not know how.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#8 Old 21st Aug 2018 at 6:59 AM
You grab one, try raising and lowering it with the [ ] keys until you see it's the right height. If not try another, they have numbers on them. Place your item on the OMSP (must be one tile object and placeable on an OMSP) You might also want some cheats on like move objects, quarter tile or snap off. Place your item where you want it then use the swatch tool to make the OMPS invisible. Basically, the OMSP is a tiny square that acts like a shelf often in a bright purple or green that you place then make invisible. There are others that look different, but the main set here looks like that. SilentLudity makes the best sets of OMSP's. http://modthesims.info/member.php?u=2134630 I use these sets for just about everything.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Test Subject
Original Poster
#9 Old 21st Aug 2018 at 7:04 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Mrmo
KhaoticWolf: Yes it was, because I did not know thats OMSPs was needed. Now I need anyone to help me use OMSPs because I do not know how.

The OMSPs are like little blocks (which come in both visible and invisible) that you can place objects on top of. Once you have the object on top of the block, you can use the block to lower or lift objects to different heights using the [ ] keys. You can also use the moveobjects and snapobjectstogrid cheat to rearrange your objects however you like.

Anyway, the main thing is that when you download the OMSPs, she provides a notepad that gives you easy instructions on which block to use and how many clicks of the [ ] keys to get the height you want. So for example, she might have something like Counter = Block 1 up 10. This is the exact height of a counter where your object would rest if you used Block 1 and clicked the " ] " key up 10 times. To be honest, it requires some playing around with, but it doesn't seem too bad once you get the hang of it. I hope I was somewhat clear lol.
Mad Poster
#10 Old 21st Aug 2018 at 10:46 AM Last edited by simmer22 : 21st Aug 2018 at 11:02 AM.
This set is very helpful when you're trying to find the perfect height for an item, because they cover pretty much any height and start at floor level: http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=325570
(you do need Apartment Life installed to get any use out of them, though - otherwise you're stuck with regular one-height OMSPs)

OMSPs are essentially extra slots you can make invisible. Some come in one height (table, bed, counter, etc.), but SL's versions are shiftable and/or angled, meaning they're even more useful for those difficult angles or heights that the static OMSPs don't cover. They also allow for sims to be placed on them, for posing purposes (most static OMSPs are for objects only). OMSPs are very handy for decoration and posing sims, particularly when used with the "Moveobjects" and "Snapobjects" cheats. Only 1-tile objects can be placed on OMSPs.