Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 13th Feb 2015 at 5:35 AM
Default Easy Woohoo?
I have a number of mods in my game, including Nraas' Woohooer mod, but I don't think I've changed too many settings on that. What I've been noticing lately, though, is that it seems really easy to get another sim to Woohoo with my sim. They don't have to be romantic or anything; I just had one today who was only at Friend level, and I asked her to sleep over and she said she didn't know me well enough, and then I went under Romantic, and the Woohoo option was there, so I clicked on it and it worked. I don't remember it being that easy when I played unmodded, but it's been a long time. So, my question is, does this seem like something that would probably be the effect of a mod, or is it that easy in the base game?

One other thing that's probably worth noting; my sim doesn't have any special traits or Lifetime Rewards which would make him more attractive. In fact, he's a Slob, so both he and his house are rather smelly.
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#2 Old 13th Feb 2015 at 5:45 AM
That's an NRaas feature! There's probably a way to disable WooHoo under a certain relationship threshold, but I couldn't tell you what it is.

"If I be waspish, best beware my sting."
Forum Resident
#3 Old 13th Feb 2015 at 8:58 AM
The "easy" woohoo is indead an effect of the woohooer mod, under it's settings (Town Hall/Nraas/Woohooer) lots of thing can be changed, including friendship lvl for woohoo, i belive.

I want my Space Pony title back.. why was it there such a short time..
One Minute Ninja'd
#4 Old 13th Feb 2015 at 11:32 AM
If you want to get fancy, there a tuning file available for woohooer that lets you set all kinds of things for your personal tastes. Once set, it will give you continuity for every game you start, which beats trying to remember the settings and adjusting them every time you start a new game. And yes, you can adjust the thresholds for things like when woohoo can occur, especially autonomous (although a low threshold does make for amusing party scenarios).
#5 Old 13th Feb 2015 at 12:23 PM
Yeah, you need to go into woohooer and increase the numbers for the liking gate and all that to make it more difficult. Do you use Woohooer scoring mod too? You can lower some of the scores in that using S3PE - because all it is, is an XML file.

Its no fun if it is too easy. But if you get the "irresistible" trait, make a wish for beauty from a genie, get the Master seducer lifetime reward etc. you can make a sim who can pretty much woohoo with anyone.
#6 Old 13th Feb 2015 at 12:37 PM
Just a little rant: Ever notice that the relationship level is always exactly the same for the two sims in the relationship? That bugs me because it is so not real. I can recall half a dozen times when my own human level was "she's a goddess!" and hers was "He's a creepy stalker nerd". Just because you like someone doesn't mean you'll like 'em back.

The other thing is how it scores. Really? No woohoo because one sim likes green, and the other Irish Green? Or No woohoo because your astrological signs are incompatible? What's that about? Like, "oh, you like Irish green? Well, get back into your day duds, girl, 'cuz I ain't doin' it with no girl who's favorite color is Irish green! Its GREEN or no woohoo!"
Site Helper
#7 Old 13th Feb 2015 at 5:20 PM
It is my understanding that the mutual relationship scores are a part of the game engine. It's annoying, but it's the way EA built the game and it's too deep to touch.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Test Subject
Original Poster
#8 Old 14th Feb 2015 at 4:10 AM Last edited by rb813 : 14th Feb 2015 at 4:47 AM.
Okay, that helps. I think what probably happened is I set the option for non-romantic Woohoo because I wanted it to be possible that people who are only Friends could Woohoo, but not automatic. Going over the list of interactions now, it seems like "Romantic Liking Gate For User Directed" is the one that would make this not just happen whenever I feel like it. Is that correct, and if so, how unlikely is it that mere Friends would ever consent to a casual hookup?

Edit: looking at it again, it seems like I was wrong. It rather appears to have something to do with trait-scoring. I notice in the EA Rule-Set part, it says, "When disabled, the interactions are either always successful, or governed by the "Trait Scoring" in this mod, depending on your other settings." There's not an "automatic success" option that I need to turn off, right? As long as I turn on trait-scoring, that will make it not be automatic anymore?

But, then being said, I'd still like to know if anyone has an estimate, guess, or ballpark figure of how likely/unlikely it is that Friends would consent to a casual hookup, if Trait Scoring is turned on but no tuners are used.
Test Subject
#9 Old 19th Feb 2015 at 12:28 AM
I was starting to notice that myself as well. No matter who with, it was the same. Not to mention the "Try for Baby" opinion was very easy to achieve as well. It seems very easy for them to get into relationships as well... or that may just be me.
Field Researcher
#10 Old 19th Feb 2015 at 2:19 AM
you wanna bang or nah?
Instructor
#11 Old 19th Feb 2015 at 2:22 AM
Hence the awesomeness of the "Friends with Benefits" moodlet.
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 19th Feb 2015 at 2:27 AM
I'm guessing it's Woohooer that's doing this for me, too. I have a house with three people in it, a brother and sister, and the brother's live-in boyfriend.. who could try for baby with the sister (Never actually did it, but the option was there.) Liiiiittle bit messed up.