Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Field Researcher
#26 Old 6th Mar 2015 at 7:49 AM Last edited by veronica55 : 6th Mar 2015 at 8:36 AM.
Here, I swear I didn't do this on purpose I was randomizing this sims outfit in cas and here is what the game suggested :

Not to mention he is a father of 2 and I was going to sclupt the mother after him but now I am kinda confused thinking what woman on earth would marry and have kids with him...

Sul Sul! Hooba Noobie?
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#27 Old 6th Mar 2015 at 12:50 PM Last edited by Silly Merricat : 6th Mar 2015 at 1:03 PM.
I'm actually super impressed that the pink socks match the hat. There's a method to his fashion fail, lol.
Instructor
#28 Old 7th Mar 2015 at 4:34 AM
Funny. When they mentioned they would have planned outfits or "looks" as I think they call them, I thought that was how they were going to solve that problem of the poorly dressed townies. Make it so there random spawns would draw from the looks, not the individual items. Get enough folks saving and uploading their style/looks that could be drawn from and hey, no more funny outfits. Guess they decided there wouldn't be enough variation.

Wonder how hard it would be to make a mod to do that though? Draw from the planned outfits, not the individual clothing items.
Field Researcher
#29 Old 7th Mar 2015 at 6:53 AM
I think they made it just color-matching sensitive which makes sense since you can't write a coding that will teach the computer to have a good taste of style and if they made a premade outfits pool, soon or later we would see some sims walking around in exact same outfits which would be annoying. I think townies dressed randomly in a super silly way adds a certain humor to the game it's not that bad imo.

Sul Sul! Hooba Noobie?
Mad Poster
#30 Old 7th Mar 2015 at 8:46 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Kateishness
I'm not sure if the latest patch has fudged something up in my game, but I've been noticing a lot of category clothing disasters lately, especially in athletic and party wear, also seem to be getting an overkill of accessories in swim wear (hats, glasses, earrings, bracelets, necklaces and as many rings as they can squeeze on their lil' silly-simmy fingers).

It's become so bad I've had to go through all my townies to give them some normal looking outfits, for the sake of my own sanity.

Here's some examples:

Bear in mind, these ones are quite tame compared to some of the monstrosities against fashion I've already removed.

Lol I needed the laugh I got from these after being up till almost 4 am doing laundry XD

BTW, where'd you get the Hijab that party grandma is sporting?
Sockpuppet
#31 Old 7th Mar 2015 at 8:10 PM Last edited by Crystalline~ : 7th Mar 2015 at 8:32 PM.
What

Edit: omg
Lab Assistant
#32 Old 7th Mar 2015 at 8:18 PM Last edited by pentabet : 8th Mar 2015 at 1:39 AM.
Been enjoying this thread, and just saw this while playtesting a community garden.

These two women randomly wandered in wearing the same outfit (surprised they didn't Die from Embarrassment, lol).
Earlier in the session I saw a guy wearing that shirt/pants combo as well, so it doesn't seem to be a girl thing.
Lab Assistant
#33 Old 8th Mar 2015 at 12:02 AM
Quote: Originally posted by lil bag2
Lol I needed the laugh I got from these after being up till almost 4 am doing laundry XD

BTW, where'd you get the Hijab that party grandma is sporting?

As much as I need to change them due to my OCD, they do give me a good giggle from how ridiculous some of the combos are.

I grabbed the Hijab from LumiaLover's awesome Tumblr.
One Minute Ninja'd
#34 Old 8th Mar 2015 at 12:16 AM
So, with the photos posted here, are we to assume EA stretched the truth a bit when they said sims will dress better way back when? Or does this fall under the eponymous statement I believe uttered by Honest Grant, "Things Change"?

Although the matching pink socks and cap is a pretty good trick they pulled off, especially without CAST to match the exact same shade so well. So some thought, however warped and misguided it may have been, must have gone into allowing that pairing to occur so effortlessly.
Instructor
#35 Old 8th Mar 2015 at 3:49 AM
Quote: Originally posted by veronica55
I think they made it just color-matching sensitive which makes sense since you can't write a coding that will teach the computer to have a good taste of style and if they made a premade outfits pool, soon or later we would see some sims walking around in exact same outfits which would be annoying. I think townies dressed randomly in a super silly way adds a certain humor to the game it's not that bad imo.

See, when I heard about the premade outfits I thought they were going to make it so people could save though for future use and upload to the site, much like how you can with complete sims. That would hopefully widen the pool of choices with time. Doesn't seem they did that either or am I wrong?
Lab Assistant
#36 Old 8th Mar 2015 at 8:48 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Crystalline~
Edit: omg

The shirt says "asoko," which basically means "over there" in Japanese. Not sure if that shirt is meant to be both sassy and prude at the same time or what. :þ
Instructor
#37 Old 8th Mar 2015 at 10:04 AM
GGTG - Gorgeous Glamorous Townie Gals

Field Researcher
#38 Old 8th Mar 2015 at 1:25 PM Last edited by Silly Merricat : 8th Mar 2015 at 3:01 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by eskie227
So, with the photos posted here, are we to assume EA stretched the truth a bit when they said sims will dress better way back when? Or does this fall under the eponymous statement I believe uttered by Honest Grant, "Things Change"?

Although the matching pink socks and cap is a pretty good trick they pulled off, especially without CAST to match the exact same shade so well. So some thought, however warped and misguided it may have been, must have gone into allowing that pairing to occur so effortlessly.

I'm not convinced the fashion fail is entirely EA's fault, although some of it certainly is like the gentlemen with the pick hat and socks above, lmao. I've noticed that as I've added more and more CC, my townies went from looking mostly normal with an occasional goofy outfit to much more on the cracktastic derp end of the spectrum. It could be that by random chance the amount of potential fashion fail increases the more options you give the townie generator or it might be that CC isn't getting flagged correctly.
Scholar
#39 Old 8th Mar 2015 at 2:53 PM
@pentabet -- That's the "bum" uniform. Certain NPCs get classified as homeless bums who live in the park.
Mad Poster
#40 Old 8th Mar 2015 at 3:12 PM
I just realized that the bums are covered in paint. Those aren't just any old ordinary bums - they're all homeless painters!

Addicted to The Sims since 2000.
Field Researcher
#41 Old 8th Mar 2015 at 4:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by VerDeTerre
I just realized that the bums are covered in paint. Those aren't just any old ordinary bums - they're all homeless painters!

EA is subliminally providing social commentary. Stay out of those fancy art schools, kids.
Sockpuppet
#42 Old 9th Mar 2015 at 4:57 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Alistair
The shirt says "asoko," which basically means "over there" in Japanese. Not sure if that shirt is meant to be both sassy and prude at the same time or what. :þ

The shirt actually says "over there, cunt"
Theorist
Original Poster
#43 Old 9th Mar 2015 at 7:38 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Alistair

I'll assume that's the Japanese equivalent of a shirt saying something to the effect of "my eyes are up there"
Page 2 of 2