Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 11th May 2008 at 12:47 PM
Default How do I allow to click partly through an object?
Hey,
I hope this question isn't too simple or otherwise inappropriate for this forum...
I've made this set with transparent coloured planes to place over the water surface that will change the colour of the water surface.
I think it's quite easy to use but there's also one problem: Seasons or Free Time users can't fish in the ponds with such planes . The options of the water are not clickable any more because they are blocked by my mesh.
Do you know a way how I can make the water surface clickable through my object? But I still need of course an area where to grab the mesh... Do you know how I can do this???

Thanks in advance for all replies!
jon119
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 12th May 2008 at 11:09 AM
Clickable areas are defined by bounding mesh.
When you import a mesh to SimPE, note checkbox to the right, 'use in bounding mesh (by Pinhead)' - you need to uncheck it if you don't want current part to be clickable. I don't know, though, if you'll still be able to pick/move an object in Build mode if you'd make all of it not included to bounding mesh.
There were some issues with bounding mesh for boned objects, so better leave a backup of your package before playing with it
Instructor
Original Poster
#3 Old 12th May 2008 at 12:24 PM
Ok, thank you!
I'll try it later but perhaps it's easier to just make another little pond for fishing...