Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!

Early American "Colonial Style" Fireplaces *new mesh* UPDATED 7 Oct 2011

SCREENSHOTS
Downloads 3,603 Thanks  Thanks Favourited 251,318 Views
  Featured Upload!   This is a featured upload! It showcases the best talent and creativity available on MTS and in the community.
Uploaded: 17th May 2006 at 2:49 PM
Updated: 7th Oct 2011 at 6:00 PM - Updated Base Mesh for Compatibility with Numenor's Scriptorium
Again with the update, it's been a long, long time! I was recently asked to add a re-colorable subset to the mesh, after numerous attempts I resorted to totally redoing it instead. It now has re-colorable inserts that you can mix or match to the frame to suit your taste or mood.

**Please note that any recolors made for the old mesh will not work properly on this new version, I'm sorry about that but it was the only way I could get it to work.

(OLD UPDATE) Major Update for compatibility with the New Scriptorium Installer by Numenor

I've been building early American style homes and wanted fireplaces for them that matched the style. The ones in the game just don't look right and you probably know what I think of them anyway :D.

It works exactly like the Maxis fireplaces, even has the same chimney.
For a fireplace, it is low poly, 1424, and vert, 1601.

You are welcome to post and share any recolors of the mesh that you create wherever you wish, just provide a link to the mesh on MTS2 or to my own site so the correct installation instructions can be found.

Very important, you must follow these instructions carefully or the fireplace will not show up in your game. These instructions are based on installing my fireplace using Numenor's THE SCRIPTORIUM Installer.

In the zip you will find a txt file named, "99_CTNColonial_Fireplace.txt".

After installing the Scriptorium go to your, ".....\My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads", folder and double click on a the new shortcut you will find there named, "Scriptorium_Fireplaces".

It will open the folder where you must put that txt file, no editing of any Maxis files involved. (This is the actual path that the shortcut takes you to, "C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\The Sims 2\TSData\Res\Catalog\Scripts\Scriptorium_Fireplaces".)

**Please remember to remove the old txt file from the Scriptorium folder.**

Then just place the fireplace package and it's recolors in your usual Downloads folder.

That's it, Enjoy

Install instructions are also included in the zip.

Enjoy, Kathy

This should work with all versions of TS2, if you have any problems please let me know.