Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 6th Jun 2009 at 8:03 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Supernatural, University Life
Rant/Halp?
Alright, like many people on this site, I am devoted to the Sims2, but I am also excited by my Sims3. I'm not sure if this fully complies with the forum rules, but I have to say... I HATE YOU, VISTA.

Cheat activation is so simple for the Sims - we all know it, it's [Ctrl]+[Shift]+C, right? Easy! However, on my laptop (which runs on Vista), I've never, ever, EVER, not even ONCE, been able to get this to work. And I've tried it dozens of times on both the Sims2 and the Sims3. Like, what is this, Mr. Laptop? You have a working keyboard, right? What gives?

For the Sims2, I found ways to survive without cheats, of course. There's a variety of great mods out there that have made the Sims2 the best gaming experience for me. But I don't know what I'm going to do about the Sims3. I mean, how can I surivive until someone makes some kind of Insimenator-esque mod for this game? How am I going to last without being able to type in MOTHERLODE eighty times every time I play? NOOOO!

I realize there might not be anything we can do about it, but I seriously needed to rant. No one in the outside world understands just how pressing this issue really is.

Anyway, thanks for listening, MTS. If anyone else had this issue and wants to rant (or, better yet, knows what I need to do to fix it) that'd be the most epic thing you could do for me, ever.
Advertisement
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#2 Old 6th Jun 2009 at 8:47 PM
Tried this? Game Help:Cheat Box Won't Appearwiki

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Scholar
#3 Old 6th Jun 2009 at 11:26 PM
Do you have an HP?
Coffee, anyone?
retired moderator
#4 Old 6th Jun 2009 at 11:38 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Gangreless
Do you have an HP?

That's in the tutorial White linked to.

I'm worried that my latest Salvation Army donation will result in homeless people looking like sluts from the 90s.
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 7th Jun 2009 at 3:33 PM
I have Vista, but I don't have this problem '=)
Test Subject
#6 Old 7th Jun 2009 at 9:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by alyssacirne
Cheat activation is so simple for the Sims - we all know it, it's [Ctrl]+[Shift]+C, right? Easy! However, on my laptop (which runs on Vista), I've never, ever, EVER, not even ONCE, been able to get this to work. And I've tried it dozens of times on both the Sims2 and the Sims3. Like, what is this, Mr. Laptop? You have a working keyboard, right? What gives?

I had that problem with my desktop playing Sims 3 the first time. But when I quit and played the game later it did work... it's just in Vista it's a transparent bar at the top that's barely noticeable unless you are looking for it. But it's there.
Coffee, anyone?
retired moderator
#7 Old 7th Jun 2009 at 9:54 PM
In XP the bar is quite transparent. I don't think it has a thing to do with the OS. You have to look for it..a bit.

I'm worried that my latest Salvation Army donation will result in homeless people looking like sluts from the 90s.