Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 29th Mar 2010 at 1:01 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Default .Package files not showing up in game
yesterday, i decided to update my game to 1.11. i removed my mods folder b/c i wanted to keep my custom content. i did not save or backup my current game files b/c i wanted to start fresh. all i have is the base game on windows xp

i went through the process following step-by-step manual uninstall instructions from the sims3 tech customer support thread.
the game was uninstalled and then reinstalled and it works terrifically.

all the sims3package files are downloading via the launcher and appearing in game

all the .package files won't appear in game. i have checked to make sure i was placing my mods folder back in the correct place over and over again. i tried just installing one file thinking the folder was too large at first but still no luck. no .package files at all in game. what do i need to do?
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 29th Mar 2010 at 1:46 AM
You need to install "the Framework" for .package files to show up in your game. This consists of 3 componets: resource.cfg, d3dx9_31.dll, and mods/packages folders. The really easy way is to use Delphy's Framework Installer Tool.

Move your current mods/packages folder to your desktop, download, install, and run the Framework Installer Tool. It will place the 3 things, mentioned above, in the proper place. Then copy or move the contents of the mods/packages folder to the one under program files/electronic arts/the sims 3.

Test in game and all should be well.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 29th Mar 2010 at 1:59 AM
thank you for answering. i do currently have the resource cfg and winwar i downloaded from here initially. perhaps all that's left for me to do is delete and reinstall them. maybe that's the holdup
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 29th Mar 2010 at 5:34 PM
the installation steps are different than they were last year on this site. where's the resource cfg link? if there isn't one from mts, does someone know of a *safe link to download the resource cfg file?

im really against using the monkeyhelper and delphy thingys seeing as they change every few months. im not computer savvy enough to mess around w/ this stuff more than what's necessary
Mad Poster
#5 Old 29th Mar 2010 at 7:05 PM
Hmmm, does that mean you don't update your game either since it updates every couple of months? Delphy only updates the programs when they need to be updated to be compatible with the latest game version. They are still the easiest and safest way to install the Framework.

If you still insist on Manual Installation, see this guide - Game Help:Installing Package Files Manual
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 29th Mar 2010 at 7:46 PM
i just know im not good at this stuff. once i download im on a hunt to find each and every single step involved in getting any of these things set up. it took me forever to set up the resource cfg and winwar thingys and it's all im sort of used to now is all.
but, turns out i didnt need to do any downloading anyway b/c, lo and behold, the resource file to delete and replace was standing alone on the desktop! why or how it was there i don't know but placing it back into it's proper file fixed the cc issue. thanks again!
Mad Poster
#7 Old 29th Mar 2010 at 8:00 PM
LOL, ok. Glad it was that easy to fix!
Test Subject
#8 Old 17th Aug 2015 at 12:16 AM
I downloaded Sims through steam and deply's thing isn't working because "it cant find the root" help
Locked thread | Locked by: Buzzler Reason: Necromancy is bad, m'kay?