Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 21st Jun 2018 at 10:05 AM
Default How To Create Custom Roof Textures
Sorry if this is the wrong place for this. I almost put it in the "Patterns" section, but I think that is more for Create-A-Style patterns, not roofing patterns.
Anyway, I am building a house by first creating the frame from wall stud fences and I have a method for roof frame, but before I can do much interior work, I need a solid roof to keep the rain out. That said, I don't need a fully done roof.

How can I go about creating a new roof texture to make a plywood roof?

I imagine I can find a .package file somewhere, but which file? Where? Which items do I edit/change?

Thank you for any help and advice.
Also, sorry for constantly poping up with new questions. I'll get the hang of this eventually... I've actually learned more about modding and coding from this game in the past week than I have from any other game!
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 22nd Jun 2018 at 1:06 AM
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 23rd Jun 2018 at 4:04 AM
Thank you for sharing that! It took me a bit, but I think I understand it!

I did finally get a texture made:

It is a lot darker than I wanted it, but it works. I think I know how to make it less dark, but I've been messing with other stuff and haven't bothered.
It is fitting, though, as it has been Spring the entire time I have been working on this house and it rains almost every day, so I just think of it as the wood being dark due to being soaked constantly!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 23rd Jun 2018 at 10:15 PM
I fixed it!

Now THAT is what I was wanting!