Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Increased Texture Detail & Shine - TS3 Skin Replacements

by HystericalParoxysm Posted 5th Jun 2009 at 7:21 PM - Updated 16th Jun 2009 at 12:20 PM by HystericalParoxysm : Clarifying some points.

701 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 653 Feedback Posts, 47 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 26 of 29
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#626 Old 17th Feb 2011 at 8:40 PM
i've got a problem. i've taken the packages MoreDetailedBodies-Male-WithHair and MoreDetailedBodies-Female-NipplesOnly in C/Electronic Arts/Die Sims 3/Mods/Packages. I also delet the data simCompositorCache at Documents/Electronic Arts. But the details don't work. i can't see them in the game. what should i do now? i need help please ... Last question, my version is updated on 6.2 (Late Night) Maybe it just works with the sims 3 without expansionpack?
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
Original Poster
#627 Old 17th Feb 2011 at 9:20 PM
Little_Girl - Game Help:Installing Sims 3 Package Fileswiki - packages go in Documents. Make sure you're installing properly. These work fine with the base game, all EPs, or any combination.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Test Subject
#628 Old 21st Feb 2011 at 10:02 PM
Hello, I have just installed the Sim3 on a macbook Pro - all EPs, no Stuff packs.
I am strongly tempted to install also this mod, which so many praise for added realism.

But before I wanted to ask:
1) I have read carefully the instructions for installing mods (this would be my first one) but I havent understood if I have to install also the NoMosaic mod beforehand, ie before the HP skins.
2) in case the mod should cause troubles, can I revert back to the original installation of the game? How, if yes?
3) if I have sims that I have just created and saved (ie not played) I still have to cancel that cache file for the new skins to show on them?

Thanks so much for the reply!!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#629 Old 7th Mar 2011 at 2:13 AM
Wow HP, you are so patient! Page after page of install help. You're the best. I've used these for a long time and thank you!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#630 Old 8th Jun 2011 at 3:01 AM
I think they're beautiful lol...but I don't understand this whole default skin thing.
When I downloaded a bunch of sims from different sites, 4 of my skins were immediately replaced leaving me with 4 new skins, A wierd original skin and the blue skin -____-*, but it also left me with 2 nice new skins that I really like (and have no idea where they came from). Is there a way of deleting the other skins and leaving only the ones I like? Or do I have to download a whole new set?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#631 Old 5th Aug 2011 at 4:21 PM
they Work but I can't see nipples of course I've dowload MoreDetailedBodies-Female-NipplesOnly.rar... but I can't see nipples.. why ? escuse my bad English. I'm Italian.
Test Subject
#632 Old 25th Aug 2011 at 2:57 AM
i read the install guide to package and i did everything right but i still see blur the only thing i added was the female nipplesonly.rar i moved both of the files in the rar into the package folder, am i doing anything wrong?
retired moderator
Original Poster
#633 Old 25th Aug 2011 at 8:00 AM
trenton585 - This does nothing for the blur. You'll need to get a blur remover separately.

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Test Subject
#634 Old 29th Sep 2011 at 1:40 AM
Hi, I suppose the skin will conflict with other default skin, right?
But the shine does not, right?
I can use your shine with other default skin, yes?
Test Subject
#635 Old 9th Oct 2011 at 8:27 AM
Hey, thanks for the mod, everything looks great, but if I zoom in really closely there seem to be a light patch of skin on sims' forehead...how can I fix this? which file is it that does this?
Test Subject
#636 Old 23rd Oct 2011 at 7:46 AM
Great work, thanks! Been using this since the beginning.

But I just wonder if there is anyway to make this more compatible with Generations and up? With the introduction of body hair in-game, the packages still looks nice, but the game's added body hair only partially shows, and it looks kinda weird with "black spots" instead of looking actually like body hair.
The body hair displays correctly in Sim Editor, but the increased shine etc. doesn't work there anyway (in my game at least, just did a clean install with all SPs and EPs including Pets).

I have no other packages/mods that change sims' appearance. Also, I updated the packages using this automated tool if that makes any difference.
Test Subject
#637 Old 27th Oct 2011 at 12:00 AM
i would like to know if this will conflict if i have other default skin in game?
Test Subject
#638 Old 31st Oct 2011 at 9:42 PM
can I use the body texture (like adding nipples) with other default skin??
Test Subject
#639 Old 2nd Nov 2011 at 2:51 AM
I'm in love with the beautiful textures you have created, but I have just one quick question before I add them to my game. With the release of Late Night, we were finally given the muscle definition slider which as the name suggests, lets us choose how much muscle definition our Sims have. I have used several other default skins in the past, and a lot of them make it to where the slider doesn't work, so I got rid of them due to that fact. I really want to use these magnificent skins, but I just want to know if muscle definition will still appear when the slider is maxed out (or anywhere where definition can be seen well), since I love making rather muscle-y men?

Thank you very much in advanced, and I'm very sorry if someone has already asked a similar question.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#640 Old 15th Nov 2011 at 8:37 PM
nice :D
Test Subject
#641 Old 27th Dec 2011 at 2:10 AM Last edited by Death27 : 27th Dec 2011 at 2:29 AM.
so for some reason i cant seem to find simCompositorCache.package anywhere ive looked both in the install location and in the location in my documents. Can anyone help?

Edit- never mind i found it
Test Subject
#642 Old 28th Dec 2011 at 7:41 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Death27
so for some reason i cant seem to find simCompositorCache.package anywhere ive looked both in the install location and in the location in my documents. Can anyone help?

Edit- never mind i found it

I'm actually having the same problem. For some reason I just can't find it, and I've looked in all the folders in the Sims 3 Documents area.

Please help!
Test Subject
#643 Old 2nd Jan 2012 at 5:37 PM
I followed the instructions and all.

But it stills have the censure when he/she enters in tub or skinny dipping.

Does I need to download No-Censure mod?
retired moderator
Original Poster
#644 Old 2nd Jan 2012 at 6:24 PM
wolfdancer40k - Dunno, look again - it's where I say in the first post.

Maximax - This only changes the skin textures/shine, and will not affect the blur.

Test Subject
#645 Old 7th Feb 2012 at 9:05 AM
Please forgive me if my question is stupid, but this is the first time I tried replacing skins, so bear with me...

I want to know if these skins conflict with LemonLeaf's ones?

(Plus, if you would be kind enough, is there a way to determine myself if skin replacements (or anything like that) conflict with one another).

Being happy doesn't mean that everything is perfect.
It means that you've decided to look beyond the imperfection.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#646 Old 14th Mar 2012 at 12:37 PM Last edited by Awkward : 14th Mar 2012 at 12:38 PM. Reason: A typo.
Secundo - If Lemonleaf's skins are default replacements then yes, they will conflict.

But, HP, I just wanted to say that I'm currently installing my The Sims 3 base game and will definetly try these out. I never really used default skintones so I'm kinda excited to see how my Simmies would look like. So, thank you anyway, I'm sure they look amazing!
Test Subject
#647 Old 22nd Mar 2012 at 5:29 AM Last edited by blythelyre : 9th May 2012 at 10:49 AM. Reason: typo
Quick question. Do these work on pregnant Sims?

They have worked so far on all my Sims. But my pregnant Sim finally got naked and I realized her stomach was completely flat? Is that right? Or should I check to see if I deleted something?
Test Subject
#648 Old 4th Apr 2012 at 2:10 AM
Um... how come I can't download the files? I get this "No Cookies" page.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#649 Old 20th Apr 2012 at 7:03 AM
I also see no nipples.. and how do I use the shine thing? or is that just another of the skins? I downloaded the nipples only skin.
Test Subject
#650 Old 14th Jun 2012 at 3:40 AM
where are the skins/nipples located on the game? I'm new to this (using mods) and cant seem to find them.
Page 26 of 29