Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
Original Poster
#51 Old 1st Jun 2009 at 4:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Aya_Alexa
uh what do you mean by the landing territories? yeah i know stupid question? anyway i choose Forest.

Basically it's the area in which your alien will land once they arrive on the planet. .
Advertisement
Scholar
#52 Old 1st Jun 2009 at 6:27 PM
i choose island )

Sims, like life, is very unpredictable. One minute you're eating four day old pizza, and then the repo-man steals your only sofa and you're in tears. ...then the food poison kicks in.
Lab Assistant
#53 Old 1st Jun 2009 at 7:25 PM Last edited by Whatwedobest : 1st Jun 2009 at 7:51 PM. Reason: changing choice
I call Desert~ Your contest is AMAZING btw

Can I change to mountains? I juts went in-game and saw I have no desert stuff LOL, ty
Scholar
Original Poster
#54 Old 1st Jun 2009 at 7:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Whatwedobest
I call Desert~ Your contest is AMAZING btw

Thank you. I do hope you continue to enjoy it.
Lab Assistant
#55 Old 1st Jun 2009 at 8:37 PM
hi, can i have desert?
Field Researcher
#56 Old 1st Jun 2009 at 9:02 PM
If no humans can be in the pictures how can we do Village, City, Museum etc.? Sorry it may be a stupid question... Don't eat me! :O
Scholar
Original Poster
#57 Old 1st Jun 2009 at 9:03 PM Last edited by TRIriana : 1st Jun 2009 at 9:30 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Moonstream27
hi, can i have desert?

Sorry! Whatwedobest snagged that one.

Quote: Originally posted by JJ1010
If no humans can be in the pictures how can we do Village, City, Museum etc.? Sorry it may be a stupid question... Don't eat me! :O

Fortunately, S'lith is full at the moment. J/K. The above areas aren't full of people all of the time - for example the alien could land there at night, when the village is asleep or when the museum is closed. If you decide to set this far in the future on Earth, the city could have been completely shut down for some reason. :D
Instructor
#58 Old 1st Jun 2009 at 9:08 PM
@TRIriana didn't he changed into mountains? one more question as i was building up a story i made someone or something come with her. she aint human nor Alien. is that ok?
Lab Assistant
#59 Old 1st Jun 2009 at 9:17 PM
Can I change to mountains? I juts went in-game and saw I have no desert stuff LOL, ty

yeah they switched, so can i have it?
Scholar
Original Poster
#60 Old 1st Jun 2009 at 9:36 PM
Thank you for pointing that out! I hadn't noticed that. Of course, I will edit the territories to reflect the changes.

Aya Alexa, what is the other passenger? .
Field Researcher
#61 Old 1st Jun 2009 at 9:41 PM
Hmmm Im trying to decide between City, and Museum.

{Edit}

I choose City.
Scholar
Original Poster
#62 Old 1st Jun 2009 at 9:59 PM
Added to the main list. .
Field Researcher
#63 Old 1st Jun 2009 at 10:00 PM
Yay, Ill get to work ASAP. :D
Forum Resident
#64 Old 1st Jun 2009 at 11:03 PM
Holiday Resort please Woot this looks fun!
Scholar
Original Poster
#65 Old 1st Jun 2009 at 11:20 PM
I can wait to see what everyone comes up with. I hope you all find it nice and varied.
Field Researcher
#66 Old 2nd Jun 2009 at 12:19 AM
I choose Ice scape.
Instructor
#67 Old 2nd Jun 2009 at 12:20 AM
Have you got a judge yet? If not I would be happy to judge

Smile.
It's easier than explaining why you're sad.
Scholar
Original Poster
#68 Old 2nd Jun 2009 at 12:31 AM
Thanks! I will add you as a Judge now.
Scholar
#69 Old 2nd Jun 2009 at 1:00 AM
I do like how you varied up the places the aliens can go. This a way everyone isn't doing the same ol' thing

Sims, like life, is very unpredictable. One minute you're eating four day old pizza, and then the repo-man steals your only sofa and you're in tears. ...then the food poison kicks in.
Field Researcher
#70 Old 2nd Jun 2009 at 1:11 AM
Ktbcca; Where'd you get Alt's hair and skin?
Clw8; Same thats what I was thinking. Im so glad I switched from judge to contestant.
Lab Assistant
#71 Old 2nd Jun 2009 at 1:34 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Aya_Alexa
@TRIriana didn't he changed into mountains? one more question as i was building up a story i made someone or something come with her. she aint human nor Alien. is that ok?

I'm a girl LOL it's np and ty for pointing that out to her ^_^
Lab Assistant
#72 Old 2nd Jun 2009 at 2:58 AM
lol, thanks for giving it up! i had made a 'contest' neighborhood that was a desert, which is where i made my aliens for this contest, so i was hoping for desert when i saw this challenge, lol (u kinda made my day...it was a tough day lol)

and thanks for changing it Tririana!
Forum Resident
#73 Old 2nd Jun 2009 at 3:00 AM
jj1010-
skintone: http://www.digitalperversion.net/ga...hp?topic=5642.0
hair: http://fabulousims.wickedsims.com/
Hair is under genetics, the last hair on the first page
Instructor
#74 Old 2nd Jun 2009 at 4:03 AM
I'm a girl LOL it's np and ty for pointing that out to her ^_^

LOL! sorry didn't know. i wish they put a gender sign below our avatar so we will know.

@TRIriana: its a robot. i decided that since she really wasn't military trained like the others but she knows self defense, and doesn't know anything about Earth i made a guide come with her. so atleast she has knowledge. is that allowed?
Forum Resident
#75 Old 2nd Jun 2009 at 9:47 AM Last edited by ktbcca : 8th Jun 2009 at 11:35 AM.
Default ktbcca - Alt Spec - Round One

Spec Log: Entry One
Place: Ter Space Shuttle
Time: 1300 hours

My shuttle has departed from Arc and I am well on my way to Earth. My anxiety has subsided for the most part and I am keeping myself busy with preparing for landing. I refuse to step onto a planet I know next to nothing about, and thankfully my superiors agreed that research can do nothing but good for our mission. I have been provided plenty of books and papers looted from a mission to Earth long ago and have spent the majority of my free time buried in their pages. It is quite a task sorting through these when gravity is turned off, but I am beginning to adjust. The things I read about Earth never fail to surprise me. Humans seem to be extremely diverse, yet they do not appreciate diversity. I must, and will, learn more of their strange customs.

It is absolutely necessary for me to stay in peak physical shape. Having no clue what type of violent savages I may encounter, I have continued to keep a strict work out regimen. It is very difficult to exert yourself in a place where no gravity exists, so once a day the captain will turn on gravity throughout the shuttle to allow exercise. There is not much in the way of exercise equipment on the shuttle, this being so I have developed my own kick boxing routine. I am thankful my suit allows for much more movement than it appears to, otherwise I might have caused quite a few tears in it. No matter what I encounter on Earth, whether it is a violent assault or just a confusing custom I must take part in, I know I will be prepared.

Spec Log: Entry Two
Place: Earth
Time: 2200 hours

The journey has ended, or has it only begun? Despite the answer, I find myself in the most unfamiliar of places. I have a biting feeling that I was dropped off at the wrong place. Unfortunately, I am not free to contact the shuttle captain or my superiors at Arc, which makes me think they only left me here to die. I was beamed down onto a hard path in front of a large building in the middle of the night. I would like to note that Earth's moon is in the shape of a crescent at this time. A sign in front of the building reads "Closed for Maintenance" and the building itself looks to be completely deserted. I suppose this is the first test of my abilities. Do I go inside the building, or stay outside and explore the area? I can see pros and cons for both, but the silence outside is so disconcerting I make the decision to head into the building. Once inside, there is not much to take in. I am in a small room with a couple of benches and a desk of some sort. A great feeling of helplessness, fear, and anger towards my boss overwhelms me. How could they leave me here with no goals, no specific plan? What am I to do?

And then, I remember where I came from. I've lived on the streets, I've fought countless battles against people twice my size, I've been disowned by my family and survived...This is nothing! I stand up, brush off, and head out to explore the building.

Throughout the building there are many rooms with little furniture. A few beds, very low quality televisions, and small tables that to me have little purpose. There is also what I guess is a dining room and kitchen. The lights and water sources all seem to work properly and the building itself emits a low hum. I find a large empty tub on the balcony of one of the rooms and decide to test what exactly it's purpose is...

I press a button and the tub slowly beings to fill with water. I am still confused by its purpose as all the other cleaning facilities were indoors. A small amount of steam comes off the surface of the water, warning me that it is hot. Knowing my suit will protect me from any excess heat, I slowly step into the tub. I am right, I feel no heat on my body, that is until I dip my uncovered hands into the water. Instantly my skin is burning and boiling. I am filled with pain and quickly get myself out of the tub. What on Arc is this devise? Is is meant for torture? It cannot be meant for pleasure, and if it is humans have thicker skin than I previously thought.

Mark that down as the first stupid thing I've done on this mission, again I ask myself, what were they thinking sending me? I get as far as I can from the horrible thing and end up in a room on the top floor of the building. I do not see an end to the night, so I decide to rest until the sun rises.

Spec Log: Entry Three
Time: 1100 hours

I awoke this morning with Earth's sun beating down upon my face. Earth is closer to its sun than Arc is to its own, so it will take some time to adjust to the heat. The building is not much different in the daylight than it was at night, so today I will summon the courage to explore outside. The sea is so close to the building and it does help me feel at home. When I was young I would swim in the Hin ocean for hours and hours, until my mother physically forced me to stop...I don't dare test the water temperature with my own hands so I stay on the beach. In Arc, the beaches hold many wonders. Any given day you can find countless types of beautiful, smooth, colored rocks. I decide I must see what type of wonderful things this beach on Earth may have.

I made the painful discovery that not only does this beach have gorgeous rocks, but it also is home to at least one violent and hideous creature. What I thought was a beautiful orange stone was the body of a strange, unintelligent animal that latched onto my finger almost the moment I touched it. I unhinged the thing from my hand and threw in down upon the sand.

I am utterly depleted. If I am not contacted soon I think I might go crazy on this horrid planet. Everywhere I turn there is something hurting me or attacking me. I thought I was strong but I have never had to deal with loneliness, confusion, and pain like this. I am growing sick of myself, one minute I am energized, ready for the next challenge, and the next I am ready to break down and cry. I must hang onto what little hope I have left for this mission.

Page 3 of 8